• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > What is wrong with the world today?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
FatGuru
SILVER Member since Apr 2007

FatGuru

Total posts: 40
Posted:Today I got involved in a confrontation with one of my school teachers.... I had my practice poi hanging from my belt (thats where they always are!) and he rudely told me to put them in my pocket. i asked him why and he proceeded to freak out and further insult me. Why are people in today's world so calloused and hateful? Im seen as a "dope" smokin loser by most people just because I dont want to live my life the way they want. America has become nothing less than a unified want of material possesions. Im not sure how the rest of the world is. I just want to move away and be a hermit. Then again if i did that who would i spin with??? lol

heres a poll!

"It is far better to know you think than it is to think you know." -FAT-

Delete Topic

FatGuru

FatGuru

Total posts: 40
Posted:Most of the teachers in my school are siding with me on this one. Sounds like a REVELOUTION!!! OVER THROW THE PRINCIPAL!!!! lol j/k but most of my teachers respect me and like me and my poi.... There are always the few that spoil it for the many. rolleyes

"It is far better to know you think than it is to think you know." -FAT-

Delete

shocked_prawn

shocked_prawn

old hand

Total posts: 865
Posted:i do see them being compared to weapons as limits to contest says... snooker balls in socks.... theres a sock in work with two snooker balls in dubbed "the scally smasher" (entertainment only never actualy used)

but teachers are always like that... like with my purple hair, only two teachers dont like it and they dont teach me... all my teachers like it but the ones that dont.. are seniour staff so are in charge.
just keep your head down and dont irritate them and im sure youll get left alone

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Delete

Sealey

Total posts: 30
Posted:That dude sounds like an arse. What difference does it make if you have poi on your belt or in your pocket? I would have just walked off and ignored him. That way, no confrontation, and you don't have to do anything. Selective hearing rocks, I learned to use it when I was like 14.
As for the poi as weapons, I can see where they're coming from so far as sock poi, as even though you may not intend to put any damaging stuff in yer poi, someone else (most likely some chav scum) could use poi as a way to conceal a potentially lethal weapon (ie snooker balls in socks). And what with all the crap that goes on in schools these days, can't really blame them for taking precautions.

Delete

Page: 12