• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > What shall i make a film about next?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
-sandy-
BRONZE Member since Jul 2004

-sandy-

old hand

Total posts: 716
Posted:About a year ago i made a mini documentary on spinning as part of my degree which some of you might have seen on the bbc website.

Now ive graduated and have been trying to make my way in the big wide world of tv and film and have found a company that want to use my spin film as the first of a 4 part mini documentary series on channel 4 (shh dont tell the bbc) and they want me to make them.

Obviously im dead chuffed about this but i have a problem, what am i gonna make the other 3 films about? Im gonna do one on kite boarding and one on capoera (assuming i get the commision) but im having trouble thinking of the subject of the last one. I was gonna do something on free running, but channel 4 already did jump London and jump Britain so thats already been covered. I also thought break dancing but thats also kinda old news now too.

So... any ideas? it needs to be urban and fresh (god im starting to sound like one of those buzz word producers already) and relevant to Britain.
Any sugestions will be greatly apreciated.

"Don't do it naked!"

Delete Topic

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:Breakdancing Zombies. Stripping optional.

for the win.

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

Skatto
GOLD Member since Jan 2007

Skatto

Walking on whims...

Total posts: 687
Posted: Written by: bluecat

pavement art:

[Insert incredibly large picture here]

this guy rocks: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm

Holy hell that's awesome!!!

I hope lots of people deliberately avoid walking on it in fear of falling in. biggrin

I say do a documentary on Irish Folklore!

Alright... a documentary on the increase in criminal activity since the invention of Powerisers.Then you should rob a small corner shop and flee on your super jumping stilts and hop atop the rooftops with a huge swag bag swung over your shoulder!

Or you should do a documentary on Dadaism a huge art movement, which was basically zany anti-art.

Ah hell, just do the break-dancing zombie strippers. umm hehe

EDITED_BY: McAlpine (1170362650)

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:i don't know if it's documentary worthy, but geocaching or letterboxing...fun for the whole family...technology (gps) in geocaching...potential issues with geocaching or letterboxing, like what happened in Boston with the bomb scare...it could be fun

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

Gayle......!
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2444
Posted: Written by: Seye

If you were going to do street art you'd have to track down banksy!

That man is a genious!!

Well, Sandy does lives in the right city for that!

Gayle.....!

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:To be somewhat logical for a moment - unheard of in these parts, I know tongue - I think the final film should complete the common elements of the set to balance the focus out.

An example of these links (in capitals) could be:

Kiteboarding > PROPS > spinning > DANCE/MUSIC > capoiera > ? > final film

and martial arts could be that last link, though it's not entirely unconnected to spinning either.

smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

-sandy-

-sandy-

old hand

Posted:Absolutley spanner. But at the moment im leaning toward the urban climbing as the final film. The theme is phisical arts and sports, or possibly dance (which knocks kiteboarding out) but i am also tempted by many other sugestions.
Like i think it would be wicked to do something on Orkestra del sol or contact dance but its wheather or not C4 would go for it.

"Don't do it naked!"

Delete

mcp
PLATINUM Member since May 2003

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Total posts: 5276
Posted:I haven't watched TV for a year, but before that, I never saw a program about contact dance...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Well then:

urban climbing > ALTERNATIVE TRAVEL/SPORT > kiteboarding > PROPS > spinning > DANCE/MUSIC > capoiera

Sorted cool biggrin

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

_Clare_
BRONZE Member since Oct 2002

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Total posts: 5967
Posted:I think contact dance could work... it's really visual... and i think the only thing most people would have seen of it was that ad (for insurance?!)

Also, shot and handled well, the film could appeal to many people...
Humans like to be in contact, so as long as it's not presented as some hippy thing, it could have universal appeal.

smile

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:how about thinking well ouside the box........how about a documentery abotu festival life??/

from start to finish, all the different walks of life coming together for a good cause..................from crew to guest to entertainer???

i'm SURE you could gt some wicked footage

Delete

-sandy-

-sandy-

old hand

Posted:yea i think thats a great idea that i would love to do.

Unfortunatly it involves following a festival crew thorough organisation to event and the same for artists and guests. Basically it takes quite a long time, which i dont have.

Also i dont think i could do that kind of subject matter justice with a 3 minute documentary. If i manage to make it as a film maker then i will totally be doing a film on that. I know a few people id love to film sorting out festivals, it would make great TV.

"Don't do it naked!"

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

Posted:why not just go to one rave or outside party or whatever they call them and do a study of subsubcultures?

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted: Written by: faithinfire

why not just go to one rave or outside party or whatever they call them and do a study of subsubcultures?

it's already been done ubblol

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

Posted:i thought sandy might have a spin

Faith

Delete

-sandy-

-sandy-

old hand

Posted:Funny you mention that actually. I did a project on raves and the modern drug culture at uni, somehow dont think it would be suitable for tv tho, there were a few ahem slightly less than legal practices in there.
Besides id have to wait untill the party season started again, its still bloody cold.

"Don't do it naked!"

Delete

Page: 12