RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
One of the reasons I've been rather quiet here is that I've been busy helping to organize this year's MadFest, a wonderful juggling festival held annually in Madison, Wisconsin. biggrin

It's sponsored by the Madison Area Jugglers, who are probably most well known for their exciting club-passing patterns. Of course, there's more variety to the MAJ then simply club passing - we've got members who do diabolo, toss juggling, whip cracking, unicycling, rola-bola, hat manipulation, staff spinning, poi, and contact juggling. It's a great group, and three of us got out to this summer's EJC, so anyone who was there might recognize certain people in pictures on our site.

I'm inviting everyone on this board to come out to MadFest this year - yes, even if you can't logically come, you're invited anyway! We've got crash space if you need it, an AWESOME space for open juggling (we reserved the University of Wisconsin-Madison Field House this year), a Juggling Extravaganza on Saturday Jan 13th, and are making top-secret plans to bring back the MadFest Renegade this year! Shhhh! wink

Here's the key info:

What: MadFest

Where: Madison, WI

When: The weekend of Jan 12-14
open juggling Thursday night, January 11th (unofficial start)
Juggling hall (complete with vendors) open on Friday the 12th, through Sunday the 14th. A fun variety of workshops will take place throughout this weekend.
MadFest Juggling Extravaganza starts at 7pm Saturday the 13th
MadFest Renegade: TBA

Why: Because it's so much fun meeting other jugglers!

How much: The Extravaganza is $10 per ticket, but the rest of the festival is free biggrin

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
I'll try to make it out, but not shure how things will work with my car yet, or if I can find someone to go along (I don't like long drives alone)

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Hope things turn out ok with your car!

I know what you mean about driving trips - MUCH more fun with other people along grouphug
Lemme know if things work out biggrin

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Madfest is coming up in less than a month now! ubbrollsmile Yay!

Oh, and be sure to take a peek at the official Madfest website biggrin

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
is it just juggling or any poi and staff?

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
There will definitely be poi, in the past there has been staff as well. Depending upon interest, there will be either an intermediate poi workshop, an intro poi workshop, or both biggrin

We've also got a lot of love for unicycles in Mad Town, so there will be spontaneous unicycle hockey as well :3

3,556 posts

Posted:
i sort of hate madison

all that liberal crap biggrin

i think i might be able to make it for a day or too
EDITED_BY: faithinfire (1167353268)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
I'd be interested in an intermediate poi workshop, or mabey a contact staff workshop.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Madfest is only one week away! ubbrollsmile

I'm really excited about everything, the festival, the friends, the juggling, the spinning.... everything biggrin

Looking forward to seeing all the hoppers that can make it!

3,556 posts

Posted:
grr work the whole freaking weekend

Faith

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
That's too bad, Faith; at least you won't have to deal with us liberals wink ubbangel

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile Other updates about MadFest ubbrollsmile

The Wisconsin State YoYo competition will take place this Saturday during the fest at 11am (registration at 10) in the Fieldhouse.

We're definitely having a renegade, and it's going to be in an awesome space this year - complete with food, drink, and bar!

We also will be running a free silent raffle for juggling props and other fun items during the festival.

I'll be sure to keep people updated as we get closer to the fest! I'm so excited! biggrin

3,556 posts

Posted:
oh this sucks
(that i can't go, not madfest)

Faith

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
That means I'm out too, parents don't want me taking the car to madison.

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Ah well, that's too bad you can't come frown

Unofficial start of MadFest is tonight! I'm off to juggle now biggrin

3,556 posts

Posted:
you could take a bus

Faith