tastelifenewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Let me start by saying this is difficult to write. I started spinning poi because I was very, very bored. I'll explain. A few years ago I became very ill and was not expected to live very much longer. I spent the better part of that time at home or in the hospital. Needless to say I was stir crazy near the tail end of those years. So 3 months ago I started spinning and noticed something. Not only was I not in pain when I was spinning but I wasn't in pain for hours after either. I can't explain why and being a very scientific type I can't wrap my brain around why every pain medication and treatment I've tried didn't work but this does. I don't know if you think this is silly or if I'm making it up but I'd love to hear if anyone has had or knows of similar experiences. I'm just absolutely moved and amazed and grateful to not be in pain. Thank you all for this site. It is much more than the sum of its parts.

Tastelife (Jayce)

Name: Jayce

Hometown:Never really had one until now.

DOB:5-26-

Sex:M

Occupation(s):Writer

Favorite Food(s):Pho Tai, grandmother's jerk chicken and pie. (Who doesn't like pie?!)

Favorite Color(s):The ones that I can see with my eyes closed.

Toys: Card game called "Milk Money"

Hobbies other than the obvious:Producing music, Photography, Aikido, writing, lovemaking (sexual and non!) living.

Education:Too geeky to mention.

Favorite Book(s):Tuesdays With Morrie, Sex Drugs and Coco Puffs

Favorite Movie(s):Too many!

Favorite TV show(s):Farscape, Scrubs

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) Have a family

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: See Movies!

Favorie ice cream flavor(s):Rum Rasin

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella? (please choose one...this is important as it is essentially this site's equivalent of stating your religion...we have religious wars, crusades, cathedrals to Nutella, all that.)

Jesus saves people...and redeems them for cash and prizes

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Welcome and hellos

Enjoy the poi journey

hug

Getting to the other side smile

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello, welcome to HoP!

What a fantastic story you have! smile

wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."