Forums > Help! > what do you want in a hotel

Login/Join to Participate

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
hi all

working at a hotel with low occupancy...what do you think would be a good way to get more people to stay. i like working here but there just aren't enough people staying

no we can't put in a pool

https://www.parkeasthotel.com/

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

YakumoSILVER Member
1,237 posts

Posted:
hmmm, looks nice and clean and good views...

I guess advertising's got to be the most important thing for a hotel after that, people can't call to book if they don't know you exist, but the website seems good, is it listed on hotel search sites?

Otherwise, I duuno, host a convention? smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

SezzieSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
The website looks Ok although a little dated but prices are OK. I guess you need to do some research. Are all the hotels in the area having similar problems, or just you? If others are drawing in more crowds what do they have that you don't? What is your prime market, families? business? Is there an untapped market that you haven't considered, or are you just not making the most of what you have re. advertising? What type of people visit your area, what would entice them to come to you over the competition? Price, or extras? Its difficult to give any advice without knowing more about your market and area etc.. Hope things pick up!

Maybe a customer survey would help!

Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once in a while you just might miss it!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
pools are a good draw but we can't do that

our prices are less than most

we have weddings and conferences

we have a good breakfast and a 24 fitness center as well as business center with free internet

it seems mostly to be businesses

right now we are poking around trying to find out what people might want

advertising is a bit iffy-management doesn't seem too interested in that

stuff is outdated-we aren't even the park east any more

----

second question how do we get management/owners interested in investing time with us when it looks like we were a bad realty investment

come on now i see you checking me out
EDITED_BY: faithinfire (1163341900)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed