Forums > Social Discussion > www.ukhippy.com possibly the hardest place..........................

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
not to get banned from!!!! ubblol

i got banned from there for being a registerd member of another message board.

other people i know have been banned for speaking their mind and having their own oppinions eek

they are not hippies, they seem to ban anyone that speaks out against their ideals.

this is not on!!!! i dare anyone to register and see how long they last ubblol

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
*raises hand*

and me. cool

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

Written by: Strugz

I bet now i come across as a right arrogant wanker

Dont worry, Meg and I get that all the time wink ubblol ubbangel

But I am?

ubbidea

My work here is done!

*marches off into the distance*

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I don't much like the people there frown

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
nahh, they are a very insular little group. And most of the board seems to consist of Atomic slimeing his way around the girls. Or thowing his 'comunity' weight around.

They say even less there than here!

the promised essay is on its way tho.... its just very long.

T wave

-><- Kallisti

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
are you bellaspatula?! hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol i noticed atomic was a bit " respect my authority, or i'll ban you"

i didn't and he did ubblol

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yeah, he reminds me a bit of a cult leader! A sleazy dictator type.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yup, the name comes from an episode of spongebob squarepants i was watching in italian...

hug

-><- Kallisti

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
so a bunch of hippys turn out to be tossers....

whats new?

Non-Https Image Link

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

peace

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
goooood point ubblol

-><- Kallisti

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i agree with skully

a few bad apples doesn't mean you cut down the tree

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lol, atomic is reading this thread!

there are nice peaple there, and there are problems. I will be adressing al this shortly, i a essay so long no-one will bother reading it! ubblol

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Atomiknewbie
9 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Nx?

lol, atomic is reading this thread!

So he is. No lurking here! biggrin

I don't make a habit of addressing criticisms on other boards generally, coz it's really more time than it's worth. I also don't think cross-forum bitching serves much purpose. I'm gonna make an exception here though, coz there's some fairly serious points been raised that really need clearing up....

1. Ravehead has already made a serious attempt to get UK Hippy shut down by trying to instigate a troll attack from another forum. Now y'know, there's forums out there that I don't like and that I disagree with the way in which they're run.... but I don't set out to destroy them. I just don't post there. It's really simple. Nobody is forcing anyone to post on UK Hippy. If you don't like the place, then don't join or don't hang around. I'm not sure what's so difficult about that concept. We're a moderated community with rules, and if you don't like those rules, then that's fine. I respect your opinion and your right to hold that opinion. What that opinion doesn't give you is the moral right to attempt to destroy something just because you disagree with the way it's run. That's a little sociopathic.

2. It ain't a dictatorship, despite the willingness of some to hurl that word around. It's co-admined by two people, and all decisions regarding the running of the site are taken in conjunction with the mods. All bans are discussed with the mods except in extreme circumstances, and even then, they're discussed after the event.

3. The issue with the image that someone posted is getting blown out of all proportion. We watermark all images uploaded to our gallery to deter people from using our site for hotlinking, without us needing to take the draconian step of disabling hotlinking entirely. It's certainly not intended as a declaration of copyright or ownership. As soon as it was brought to our attention that there was a problem with one of the images that A MEMBER had uploaded, we were more than happy to remove it as soon as we knew which image it was. If there's a problem with any other images, we'll be happy to remove those as well. We had to remove the whole image because we don't keep an un-watermarked copy. The watermarking takes place during the uploading process.

5. I'm not sure what else we could've done. Most've the delays in contacting us were the result of measures we put in place to prevent trolling after Ravhead instigated an attack from another forum.

6. There was a bug with the contact form, and that's now been resolved.

7. Ravehead talks about bannings, but as far as I'm aware, he's the only person who we've banned in connection with this whole incident apart from people who were actually trolling us.

8. I admit I'm a serial flirt. eek

9. Just worth mentioning one more time... we're a happy community with a lot of people who enjoy participating. If you don't like the place, don't join in. It's really simple. That's no excuse for wrecking it for other people. Which is, frankly, a little childish. I won't be encouraging our members to come over here and retaliate.

Oh, and this thread seems to have picked us up a lot of members from HoP, so it's been a little counterproductive. rolleyes

Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say. I don't think it's productive for me to sit here arguing the rights and wrongs with people. If ya don't like UK Hippy, then don't join. If ya like it, come over and have fun. Despite the popular myths, we only ban people who're disrupting the site and causing trouble. Apologies to any HoP members who've been caught in the crossfire. Have a nice day. biggrin

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Hello and welcome to HoP! biggrin

why not make an intro thread and tells a little about yourself?

Do you like pink?

HoPers always assimilate everyone, its something to do with the comunity spirit here. We had a troll invasion too, and we assimilated them! I think your forum can but benift from a little fire driven madness...

if peaple wanna look, id sum it up like this, UkHippy is a bit like out social chat and discussion forums, but expanded into more topics, and you cant be so boystreous there frown but they have some rather nifty php... smile And they really need some members, weve got 41874 Registered Users, im sure we can spare a few!

T wave

p.s. I just looked, There are 27 registered and 126 anonymous users online.
Max users online was 822 @ 03/06/06 05:44 AM, thats amazing! eek

-><- Kallisti

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
So the nice people i ended up meeting from that site all now hate me! Great! smile

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
*claps* well done jo!

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Chazzznewbie
1 post

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

So the nice people i ended up meeting from that site all now hate me! Great! smile

Nah, I'm from there and I still hope you keep dropping in, it takes a lot to make a hippy hate wink

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lol, i seen that thread now, they are just a bit reactive, and seem to forget all the soul bearing youve already done there... makes you wonder whay they only have 1000+ members...

I pushed the 'mod' button on the campertess post tho, thats ok here, but there its beyond the rules wink

T wave hug

-><- Kallisti

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
thanks Chazz hug

Yeah if I was really there to "con" people would I really bear my soul to them?! frown i wish i'd kept quiet now!

BIG HUGS to everyone biggrin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I guess what really pisses me off is that they close threads just when you want to reply!!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
well, yeah, its obviosly an important issue... ubblol

-><- Kallisti

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
FFS!!!!!!! i still cant post!!!

I feel like a panda umm

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
 Written by: sketch

I feel like a panda umm

Do you mean that you feel like a panda, as in if I touch you you'll be all fluffy and soft or do you mean it in the sense of "I feel like having a cup of tea.".....

If it's the second make sure you get the pandas consent first, because they have mighty big claws to swat you with if you don't! wink ubblol

As for ukhippy.com, Like I said before I don't find them any different from most other forums. They have different ways of doing things that this forum, but then this forum has different ways of doing things than other forums. For the most part I've found them to be friendly and welcoming. A few things that have been done or said have taken me aback a bit, but that happens here too, so I'd sum them up as a fairly nice bunch of people.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I'm still there and everybody's friendly to me. Really don't understand if there's any trouble shrug.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yep, after the poop hit the fan everything seems to have calmed down and people are being lovely again! hooray! bounce

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

*cough* thir site addy has been posted to the most despicable people i could find on the net ubblol if they where TRUE hippies............... in no way would they be giviing jo a hard time ubblol

i was banned solely because i was a registered member of a site that a few tossers decided to invade ukhippy ubblol

if the mods on HoP where even 1/4 as bad i would have been banned a long time ago. but thank farrrk HoP mods are so great and not in the view of banning people solely for having an oppion of their own!!1

troll away i say...............

Written by: Ravehead

no problems LTC i can see where you are coming from, to get things in context i mearly suggested that if people did register i would be amazed if they lasted too long without being bloked from certain posts or banned out right.

i have nothing against them (except they banned me for no good proovable reason). they seem VERY touchey and child like as they spit the dummy out of the pram if anything is not as they want it.

Hmmmmm..... don't those 2 post contradict each other a bit? You say in the second quote you have nothing against them, but in the first quote it appears that you have posted their site address on, as you put it "*cough* thir site addy has been posted to the most despicable people i could find on the net ." and then you proceed to encourage people to "troll away i say...............". I think those actions would imply you do have something against them and you are trying to encourage other people to have a 'problem' with them too.

If you don't value these peoples opinions why do you care if they have banned you or not? Why do you feel the need to encourage other people to dislike them and their site.

So they have a different way of running their forum than HoP does... so what? It's their forum and they are free to run it anyway they please. Don't you think to judge a whole group of people just because of the way their forum admin tried to stop a raid from another forum (that appeared to them be out to cause trouble) is much more childish than their admin putting a few people on a form on probation.

Do you think when nuskoolbreaks.co.uk invaded hop the admin here weren't keeping an eye on them? Of course they were, that's their job, to keep their forum running smoothly with as little trouble as possible. They may have done it in a different manner than ukhippy, but as I say, it's up to the people who run the forums to decide how they run it.

Try standing in the other mans shoes for a bit. If it was the other way round and a thread dissing HoP had appeared on ukhippy and a whole bunch of their members had come over here, registered and started posting on here, some with a bit of an agender and attitude (and be honest, some people from here did do that) wouldn't it rub a few backs up the wrong way here and get a bit of an arsey response from some.

I've had no trouble on ukhippy. I haven't agreed with everyones views over there, but I don't agree with everyones views on HoP either. If you don't like their forum, don't visit it. If you don't like the way they run their forum, don't visit there. The same goes for HoP. I've seen Mods on HoP say abide by the way HoP is run or don't visit here... fair enough.

Ravehead, you say you've been banned for no reason other than "i was a registered member of a site that a few tossers decided to invade ukhippy". Did you click a link from that forum to ukhippy? Did you then join straight from clicking that link? Did that forum not in your own words have "a few tossers" that "decided to invade ukhippy". Can you see how they may have assumed you were one of those "tossers" that was out to cause trouble for them.... oh and look at this thread...wouldn't this thread and the fact you confess to posting their addy on the site of "most despicable people i could find on the net" reinforce their first impressions of you, whether that first impression was correct or incorrect at the time of them making it.

I say live and let live. Ukhippy is not out there trying to promote evilness, violence, trouble etc. They may be different from HoP, but that doesn't make them all "fascists" or a "dictatorship" or "middle class wanna be hippies" or "nazi" or "tossers" or any of the other names that have been thrown at them, it just means they do things differently over there than is done here on HoP. Viva la difference!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
*hangs head in shame*

Skully you are completely right. hug

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
And as the thread progresses, more of the story comes out, Ravehead, please tell us EVERYTHING.
I've been haunting their boards since this thread started, and I've got to say their discussions are pretty interesting.If I were looking for another board, I seriously consider these guys.

It may be possible to view Mr. Atomik as a tyrant, but one thing's clear, he doesn't suffer fools.

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
well, im gonna sign up now and see what happens, shouls e fun by the sounds of it!

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

Page: