• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > 2006 (Field) Hockey World Cup - Germany

Login/Join to Participate

WOFT
SILVER Member since May 2005

Likes trees...

Total posts: 209
Posted:Any hockey players out there following this? South Africa play the Dutchies tonight. The game is being televised in South Africa, so I get to see my big brother on TV . This is nice, as I didn't crack an invite with my parents to go and support him in Germany.

My money was on Netherlands to take the cup, but as they lost to Korea 2-3 today, I'll stick with Spain. I cannot bring myself to support the Australians (nothing personal, just the tradition of rivalry tongue)

Match schedules and results (the tournament started yesterday) are all on the Official website.

Non-Https Image Link

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

Delete Topic

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:Germany all the way smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

WOFT
SILVER Member since May 2005

Likes trees...

Total posts: 209
Posted:We play Germany tomorrow. If we win, I will let you know. If we don't... well, i'll probably be sulking so won't post for a while rolleyes

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

Delete

Aurinko
BRONZE Member since Aug 2006

Aurinko

hello!

Total posts: 1034
Posted:I ain't sure whether I should support Germany or the Netherlands. Generally speaking, I prefer to support Finland, but unfortunately they don't participate in that many international competitions.

Apart from the Eurovision Song Contest, of course

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete