Forums > Technical Discussion > triple glow/LED poi...how>??

Login/Join to Participate

drewjitsuBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
i like spinning all types of toys, but triple fire poi are my favorite as they help emphasize isolations. however, some situations (indoor, extended periods of dancing) require glowsticks/LED toys, and i am trying to figure out a good way to construct some kind of triple poi made from either glowsticks or LED poi.

i can't seem to find any glowsticks with holes on both ends which would make them easy to chain together (althoguh i swear i've seen them somewhere before) and the cost of 6 LED poi is a little prohibitive for me, nor have i seen any with holes/rings on both sides for easy chaining.

does anybody have any techniques for building these? or any ideas at least? just thought i might ask before i start from scratch. confused confused

EDITED_BY: drewjitsu (1151649534)

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
look in the shop, the LED light sticks are cheap and have holes top and bottom for cord.

just dont smash them together biggrin
nickwidd broke one of mine, i broke the other ubblol

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Also, you could just get some clear tubing a bit larger (length and width) than the glowstick/LED sticks you're using, drill some holes for the chain/string and drop em in there. Will also help protect slightly from breaking LED sticks on impact.

Peace,
- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
I had a pair of LED poi last year. They were LED glowsticks that were strung together so they were similar to rope poi, If you have a fine touch you can drill holes into them with a fine drill bit. Use a strong monofilimant to attach one to the other end to end like links in a chain. This should allow them to spin freely as well as give a nice effect.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
www.flowtoys.com
you can assemble any you want, doubles, triples, etc. Just look at the FlowPoi under the products section!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"