Forums > Meet Others > Philippines ~ Speak up, Pinoys! ^^

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
iyanessBRONZE Member
lonely poi-er
11 posts

Posted:
How come Philippines isn't in the drop down list when I search by country? confused

Anyways, anyone from the Philippines here? smile Speak up! I'm from the south Manila area. smile

iyanessBRONZE Member
lonely poi-er
11 posts

Posted:
anyone? frown it's really quiet here..

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
sorry no idea
try contacting the moderators at the bottom of the thread

ramirrGOLD Member
2 posts

Posted:
mabuhay! weavesmiley

ramirrGOLD Member
2 posts

Posted:
makati / paranaque here. cool happy spinning to you iyaness! weavesmiley

and yes, philippines isn't in the drop down list of countries. maybe the moderator can check this out? confused

kristinespitfirestranger
1 post

Posted:
oh dear... this thread goes back to '06?
hey sensei Ramir. see ya around!

oh. hehe. 24. Female. Makati. Zipper/Poi-er.

16.15.8GOLD Member
I can´t think therefore I´m not
291 posts

Posted:
Mabuhay grin

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Hahahha! Hey guys Pinoy spinner here too from Cagayan de Oro but currently in the other side of the world! We have a group in Cagayan for fire spinners, called Kalayo de Oro Fire Freestylers. Anyone from Cagayan or from anywhere, you are always welcome to join us!

Grandma always told me not to play with fire but, what the heck! I Love FIRE! Let's BURN!

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

YayuToasty Monkey
19 posts

Posted:
Thought there'd be some sort of fire community at the PI, kumusta all

Ryan Started The Fire! It Was Always Burning Since The World's Been Turning!

nadiasophiastranger
1 post

Posted:
Are you kidding?! What about Rachel Lobangco?! She was a pretty popular actress when she was younger and appeared on PI TV show spinning fire and tango dancing! My uncle, his ex gf and friends all spin fire poi! But they live in Davao smile. I think they just don't get online.

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Probably hid under the bed for years. white Davao rocks too as well as Gensan, got some group there similar to Sangre del Sol. beerchug

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

YayuToasty Monkey
19 posts

Posted:
Nah, just been stuck on this volcanic rock my whole life, don't even know half the stuff that's going on there yes

Ryan Started The Fire! It Was Always Burning Since The World's Been Turning!

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Come out and play!

ChiCollectorBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
hey there, i'm coming to the philippines soon and fancy doing some twirling while im there, where's a good place to buy poi in PI? cant bring my own thru customs as they set off their explosives detectors (!) im staying angeles manila and subic at different times. can anyone help???

you are everything to all things

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Why not just check it in with your luggage? If they ask tell them it's your fire prop.They can check your luggage as much as they want just to be sure that you're not carrying a bomb. But call them to be sure... or Go to the airport and ask airport officials if you could bring them with you on yourtravel to the PI. It should be legal and asking won't hurt.

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
tired ditto

iyanessBRONZE Member
lonely poi-er
11 posts

Posted:
wow, the thread came alive! grin

i've met poi-sters from davao around 2 years ago and they were really nice. i was a total stranger all alone in a new place and they made me feel right at home! they taught me a few moves and were really patient with me. i had my first fire turns with them. hopefully it wouldnt be my last, though.

i was hoping i'd find such a group here in manila who'd just meet up, zip, have a few drinks and some fun.

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
hey you came alive too! your last post here was like 3 years ago! hehehe! where have you been? bounce2

iyanessBRONZE Member
lonely poi-er
11 posts

Posted:
here and there... or maybe simply 'life happened!' LOL

have you seen meenik's videos on youtube? i'm learning lots from his videos (not a paid advertisement!)

do you have poi friends in oklahoma?

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Meenik's? Yah a lot! I'v been learning from everyone here infact, not just Nick's tutorials. Hehehe! Unfortunately,I don't have poi fiends here, Oklahoma is a lonely state for poi, I think. Maybe they're just here and there too! grin Even one time I was spinning in a park, a guy went to me and asked how do I do that spinning thing. I just said "oh it's in youtube. it's called poi!" hehehe! bounce2

So Iyaness, are you with the ZIPs people in Manila? Is there any gigs like fire festival in MAnila this summer?

iyanessBRONZE Member
lonely poi-er
11 posts

Posted:
no i'm not with zips.. i used to take their classes though. sa totoo lang, the classes got too expensive for me... and i got frustrated. hehehe. its like 'do i have to pay to be able to spin? frown

i can't get my friends to be interested. they're like 'oh its so pretty, do it again' and then move on. LOL! i'm too shy to spin by myself at our park just to find someone else who is interested.

hmmm gigs... i only know about the ZIPs people in manila, and i haven't read anything about them lately.

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
hahaha that's a bummer... i mean paying for poi lessons is too much. they're not that good though. right? hehehe... laugh3 better pay for internet connection and login to youtube, tons of tutorials out there. how much were they asking for lessons? is that like pay for a month's lesson or a day?

iyanessBRONZE Member
lonely poi-er
11 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: johndhaivebetter pay for internet connection and login to youtube, tons of tutorials out there.

i know! that's what i do nowadays. it was 350php for an hour to an hour and a half session, once a week. after a few weeks, i decided it was a waste of money. plus it was a hassle to go to the venue - the lessons were at an exclusive village's park.

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Shoot! That much for an hour or so... Too much for me. I'm a cheap @$$ person, so... Hehehe! You've been doing poi for 3 years now huh? I bet you're better than Rachel Lobangco! grin

iyanessBRONZE Member
lonely poi-er
11 posts

Posted:
ah.. i don't know about rachel lobangco. haven't seen her in action. but when i was in davao, my poi friends said they were better than rachel. i think its true, too! they spin like crazy and with fire too!

i don't spin regularly frown so i'm not improving at all...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: iyanesshere and there... or maybe simply 'life happened!' LOL

have you seen meenik's videos on youtube? i'm learning lots from his videos (not a paid advertisement!)

The wonderful Nick (Meenick) Woolsey is doing a poi retreat in Bali from 24th to 30th MAY. TWO WEEKS away. With Alien Jon from USA too, so it's gonna be awesome!
Here is a little video of the April retreat

This is not a paid ad either.. just that I loved the first retreat so much I am going back for the second one!

There was a very cool guy called Rico from the Philippines at that retreat a few weeks ago.
If you a lonesome poi spinner from Philippines, Seriously worth dropping down to Bali, you will learn so much from spending a week with Nick live!! Can contact him on Playpoi

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Thanks on the tip Gabe! But I won't be back to Asia till mid-JUne. On the next retreat perhaps?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: ChiCollectorwhere's a good place to buy poi in PI? cant bring my own thru customs as they set off their explosives detectors (!)

No they don't!! Where did you get that idea!!! Since when do people have explosive poi!!!!! I and thousands of others have travelled with poi,including fire poi, for years now. Just wash them so they don;t stink (if you use kero or other smelly fuel) and pack them in your checked luggage. There might be some problem if they had chains that showed up in your hand luggage, so they looked like a weapon ( I wasn't allowed to take a slack line on board a while ago cos it had a heavy metal bit and could tie someone up lol) but poi!!! No problem. THere's heaps of threads about this.
CHeers
Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Calling the attention of all spinners in Cagayan de Oro City, fiesta's coming, we must do something to make it a flaming one! hehehehe!

mathetstranger
1 post

Posted:
ei...

im a newbie at spinning fire. I'm in aklan now ( 2 hours away from boracay).

Im soooo interested in spinning fire but is getting a hard time from where to start.

I've seen a lot if videos from the net which is very much helpful.

Could you please help me where can I buy a practice poi here in the philippines (manila or alabang would be a great start?)

Has anyone tried buying from this site? Im concern about shipment and payment as I haven't done any online purchasing yet.

FIRE it up!

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
you can rely on HOP. i have ordered twice already and will not stop there... they have outstanding service and you'll be surprised how fast they ship your order with free insurance. so go on, click that go shopping button! beerchug

Page: