• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Ewww! Uninvited guests!

Login/Join to Participate

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:So I got home from a night at work, set down my stuff, took off my white coat, turned around, and was about to step into my living room when I stopped dead...

Because my stocking foot had almost come down directly on top of one rather dead-appearing mouse. eek

Now, rodents don't bug me in general, although the dead variety tends to put me off a bit more than the living variety. Live mouse=cute. Dead mouse=not cute.

This leads me to the rather interesting question of 1) what killed it and 2) why did it choose to die in the middle of my living room? Although I suppose the middle of the living room is better than under the sofa where it might take days to figure out where that smell is coming from (and having cleaned up one several-days-dead large rat in my college days, I can tell you that you have never *seen* so many goddamned maggots and other assorted creepy-crawlies!).

But EWWWWW...
Non-Https Image Link

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete Topic

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:More than likely it ate poison.

As you know, mice can't throw up so once they eat rat poison it's just a matter of time...

Or maybe he was just simultaneously awestruck by the gayness and neatness of your apartment and couldn't handle it. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:Maybe it ate poison in someone elses apartment but made it through to yours before it died. Maybe it was coming to consult you as a Doctor as to why it felt so ill... ubblol

Sorry Mike. I'm kind of immune to finding rats and mice. I have a cat that stacks canal rats up under my dining table as gifts for me. Yuck indeed!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted: Written by: Skulduggery

Sorry Mike. I'm kind of immune to finding rats and mice. I have a cat that stacks canal rats up under my dining table as gifts for me. Yuck indeed!

Huh. I guess it's the thought that counts, hmm? wink

-Mike )'(

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

I have a cat that stacks canal rats up under my dining table as gifts for me. Yuck indeed!

Yuck? Oh darn, I've been collecting dead rats to send to you as a present... what am I gonna do with them all now?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

JonnyRok
BRONZE Member since May 2005

JonnyRok

Look! I'm Darth Bunny!

Total posts: 446
Posted: Written by: Doc Lightning

Although I suppose the middle of the living room is better than under the sofa where it might take days to figure out where that smell is coming from (and having cleaned up one several-days-dead large rat in my college days, I can tell you that you have never *seen* so many goddamned maggots and other assorted creepy-crawlies!).

But EWWWWW...
Non-Https Image Link

Hmmm, a huge rat died behind my bros PC once. Took a day or two to find it, aslo couldnt figure out what killed it, we have cats but it didnt look like it was killed by them, and I had two clean up the two week old carcass of a dead bird once, so I know where you are coming from frown

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:Then again, are you sure you didn't chat up the mouse at some Irish Bar last night and just don't remember?

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Lurch
BRONZE Member since Nov 2003

Lurch

old hand

Total posts: 929
Posted:Animals do die for reasons other than being killed by other animals you know wink

You don't even want to get into a nasty smelly dead thing story competition with me ubbloco

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Delete

Tao Star

Tao Star

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1662
Posted:once when i was a kid i was getting straw from the barn, and i spread it out, and right in the middle was a b****y huge dead rat....squashes falt and totally dry, except it still had it's teeth!

being a kiddie i thought it made a great frsbee.....i

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Delete

L0s3r_r@v3r
SILVER Member since May 2005

L0s3r_r@v3r

enthusiast

Total posts: 274

lol when a cat dose that it means it thinks your not fit to find your own food thus it thinks you are weaker than it.. haha :-p biggrin hug ubbloco i love kitties! hug

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Delete

jo_rhymes
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:I remember last Summer there was a really horrible smell near greenhouse, we couldnt work out what it was, until we found a dead mouse floating in the watering can. poor little thing.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:"when a cat dose that it means it thinks your not fit to find your own food thus it thinks you are weaker than it.."

Have you got a link to that please? smile

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted:*drops a dead mouse at UCOF's feet* biggrin

-Mike )'(

Delete

Thumperabbit
BRONZE Member since Sep 2005

Zebberdy and Jack Daniels

Total posts: 278
Posted:I got 2 cats that bite off the head of the rodent/bird that the capture, they eat the head but leave the body (headless) on by my front door in the mornings :P Many a morning before college I have spent trying to get dead rodent from the sole of my shoes.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Delete

JauntyJames
SILVER Member since Dec 2004

JauntyJames

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3533
Posted:One time, I found a dried up dead bat under my bed. I still have no idea how it got there or why it decided to die. The question of how long it had been there is one I prefer not to dwell on.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Delete

Dentrassi
GOLD Member since Apr 2003

Dentrassi

ZORT!

Total posts: 3044
Posted:was there any blood? perhaps it decided to commit an honorable Hara-kiri?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Delete

Igirisujin
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2666
Posted:We had a drain under our front living room in our old farm house, occasionally some how moles would get into the pipes and die under our feet, took us a long time to figure out we even had this drain under the carpet since it was allready laid when we moved in.

I saw my cat eat a mouse whole once, I was so proud of her she was like my child we were unseperable, it was fasinating watching her toy with it

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

VampyricAcid
SILVER Member since Jun 2005

VampyricAcid

veteran

Total posts: 1286
Posted: Written by: Thumperabbit

I got 2 cats that bite off the head of the rodent/bird that the capture, they eat the head but leave the body (headless) on by my front door in the mornings :P Many a morning before college I have spent trying to get dead rodent from the sole of my shoes.

you're lucky, mine just seperates the head and drags it across the floor leaving hte body behind, unfortunatly 9/10 times whats inside the body can decide whether to stay with the body or go with the head, you'd be amazed how long a mouse gut really is

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

jo_rhymes

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Posted:When i was on holiday in France, geckos would climb into the outdoor light that was on the wall of the villa. They'd get trapped and we'd be helpless as we couldnt help them escape and they'd just fry. it was horrible.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Sethis
BRONZE Member since May 2005

Sethis

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1762
Posted:Yeah we had cats that brought in rabbits, birds, mice, rats, and anything else mammalian, basically.

If it wasn't still alive and twitching, then there was a neat little pile of intestines on the stairs/under the kitchen table. I think it was the stomach, large intestine and small intestine. Maybe my cats were picky wink

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Delete

FoxInDocs
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

FoxInDocs

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1848
Posted: Written by: Brit_Joe

I saw my cat eat a mouse whole once, I was so proud of her she was like my child we were unseperable, it was fasinating watching her toy with it

Ahh... BJ... that's disgusting.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Delete

alicewonderland
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

alicewonderland

Born on a green light daddy-o!!!

Total posts: 126
Posted:this thread is like a car accident it's so terrible but you can't help but look ubblol ubblol I'm like eeewwwww that's disgusting...keep reading....eeeewwww....yep still reading...so here's my mouse story...

we discovered mice had invaded my apt. I can't deal with the little bastards dead or alive, but I still couldn't do the mouse trap thing (just sooo gruesome) so my bf got these glue traps where they stick to them, so I thought I could detach them from the glue and set them free outside...yeah that didn't really work at all, instead at like 2am I hear eeehhh eehhhh eeehhh and the glue is so strong...eeeewwww I cringe now thinking of it, my bf just put it in a bag and put it in the trash outside, I know it's inhumane but I didn't know what else to do...so theres my lil mouse story...

When you're already walking on thin ice...why not dance?

Delete

jo_rhymes

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Posted:so you get a mouse that stuck like a mofo and you put it in a bin?? yeah, real nice. umm

Delete

Theo_
SILVER Member since Oct 2005

Theo_

Dirty Hippie

Total posts: 347
Posted:one time a rat died under the floorboards in the livingroom, and coz there is a carpet n stuff, we just left it, but the only reason we knew it was there was coz of the smell.... errkkk! so rank. the smell kinda died away after about a month or so. or we just got used to it... shrug

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Delete