Page:
dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Hello to all the beautiful HOPers about the place.

Just out of curiosity I would like to know why people have writen what they write on their signatures...
Inspired by Thistle's 'Name Changing' thread I thought it would be fun to share why people have chosen one their location and also their signature.

I personally have been changing a lot recently. My signature and my location (location irrelevant at the moment) have changed accordingly with my changes in spirit place and life generally.

The Waterfall pertains to my thread from a while ago called: Waterfall.
The water being warm means that I am comfortable with conquering my 'Waterfall.'
The completion I speak of is too complicated to describe to those who dont know me personally so I'll let u guys use yer imagination! Its positive

Well whos next?!
Would love to know!

love and hugs to all about
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

weeleighlook a rainbow!
237 posts

Posted:
Mine's from an introduction to a song by a group called The Slow Poisoners. I just like the song, and the whole introduction made me laugh. They're at www.garageband.com and the song is called Green Tea, if anyone's interested. And I'll probably end up changing my signature all the time, I have a gigantic book of quotes to use, muahahahah!!!

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth."

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am currently living with friends and facing down alot of change in the coming year, so I live in the state of flux, and I kind of like it there.

My signature...well...one is my name, the other my web addy, the first quote is from the movie LEGEND, a personal favorite and the second quote changes periodically depending on what moves me. I really love the one I have up now, I feel it very much is a reflection on my life!
*edit: this applied when I had the quote from the tick up "And what does sanity do anyway? I mean, it's a one trick pony, you've rational thinking, but now with good and crazy..Oooh, oooh, ooh..the sky is the limit!"..or something like that. In the end, quote number two for me is something that effected me in some way, usually making me laugh from hitting a humorous chord of realism.

[ 18. January 2003, 16:27: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
This thread will make for very interesting reading. Nice one Drome

Inside, I am at the happiest place I've been for years. In the last year I have gone through a lot of positive changes. I intend to change my physical location in the next year. I don't like the area where I live at all. It's just not representative of who I am. I would like to live somewhere more rural and closer to my family.

My signature used to be If I knew me as well as I know myself then I'd intoduce me to myself because I'm the kind of person I'd like to meet. It is my own opposite version of a mantra I learned from an ex years ago which came about because of all the work I'd done on learning to love myself.

The small scottish thing is because most of the people I met from online thought I was because of my name and I tried to set the record straight.

Onelove comes from my rave days, and I still believe love can conquer all.

The last bit about jumping into the arms of the world is a line from a poem in a book called Timbuktu by Paul Asher, which struck a chord with me. I think ther is a lot of truth in those two lines.

*edit for spelling

[ 25. December 2002, 10:30: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Heh... mine's not spiritual whatsoever!

Mine came from scattered talk with friends on a big nite out a few months ago.

It was either that or "more beer! more beer! more beer! more beer!"...

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I have Great Respect for the Element Fire!
I have seen what it can do! I also have = Respect for Water (all types)! I love tham Both.
Of the 4 Elements, They are the ones I relate to most often.
I also believe Breath is very powerful!! The Air I breath, and the Land I walk on I also worship, but not as much as the Fire and Ice I Love so.
If only I can be flowing like Water, and Raging like Fire all of the time!
I wrote my Signature, and believe in it!

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
Mine is an excerpt from a poem/song I'm writing in the Quenyan (the language of the High Elves from Tolkien's mythology). It is basically a blessing. It says, "May it be thou finds rest for your heavy heart, may gloom pass you by."

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
mine changes a lot. the one i have right now, "i won't spend my life overcoming my past" is one that i wrote in my youth for a line of t-shirts that i made that all had artsy one liners on them. i wrote it once i realised how much i had let my life and my negative experiences affect me, and how closed off i was from myself and others. being in my first deep relationship held up a mirror for me to see all that. (thanks, angel ) i decided then that i wasn't going to let all of my negative conditioning control me, and that i wasn't going to waste my life trying to overcome so called issues, and that i wouldn't grow old and die without ever living life outside of karmic residue, like i had seen so many do. life is a dish best served and savoured in stillness and awareness. so break that plate!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Mine used to change a lot, but now i've found one i like a lot.

It's meant to be ironic. Saying not to give up but to continue trying but saying the opposite. Also it's funny!

But i'm thinking of chainging / adding another one soon.

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
My signature is from a line I "liberated" from an animated sketch show aptly named, "Aaargh! It's the Mr. Hell Show! Very funny hosting, a range of characters including Surge the Sealcub of Death and his sidekick Lucky, the rabbit's foot, The Depression Squid, Josh, who "would like to talk to you about reincarnation" and Mr. Hell himself I laughed alot and stole that line. I mean I'm paying homage to the show. Yeah that's it homage...
In the location I refer to Melbourne as "The New Land of Nod" The Land of Nod is where Cain took refuge after killing Abel in the Old Testimate, There is no real deep meaning to it I got the inspiration for this one from the Tom Waits song, "Singapore" The first chourus goes:

"We sail tonight for Singapore, we're all as mad as hatters here
I've fallen for a tawny Moor, took off to the land of Nod
Drank with all the Chinamen, walked the sewers of Paris
I danced along a colored wind, dangled from a rope of sand
You must say goodbye to me"

Make of it what you will.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm, I would have always picked Canberra as the new Land of Nod. More because it used to be a phrase used to say you were going to sleep "I am going to the land of Nod".

My current signature is from a movie called "The Monkey's Mask". When I heard it, I had to rewind the tape and write it down, cos it just described so eloquently the experience most of us have of being stupidly in love

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Because I am:

Currently on the right side up of the world.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Because it is

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
well... mine are both bumper stickers that i have on my car...

they appeal to me very well (i think)

my usual screen name on the net is InSaNe CaSs. so im usually a very insane character... so that explains the 1st half of me sig... (since i call my self insane- i cant possibly suffer from insanity... its quite fun! freaking ppl out and whatnot. ok now im dribbling... )

and the 2nd half... also self explanitory i think. im a very weird person... but weirdness is a gift... or sumfin like that...

[ 27. December 2002, 18:50: Message edited by: SpArKiE ]

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Well I can never think of anything to use as a sig that I'm 100% happy with so I whacked this one on. It's something a friend said to me when I rang him at some ungodly hour with the flu and couldn't sleep. Usually I chew his ear off, but this night I said "I'm so glad I can just let you talk and i don't have to say anything". He just laughed and said "yeah, well I'm your opportunity to be quiet " and he was right!

Will find one more fitting when I can be bothered

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
erm this may be kinda shallow but i just thort mine sounded kewl when i heard it!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
first quote is from a gangstarr track - i just felt that it rings true a lot, in life and especially on the internet

second quote i'm not giving away my source for. i heard someone say it recently and remembered the whole thing without even trying. i guess its because it makes a lot of sense.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
A long time ago on a message board far, far away, back when I was a grad student, I came up with the idea of being a "Certified Mad Scientist." When I went to medical school, I stopped being a scientist, but I'm not a doctor yet. But "Certified Mad Medical Student" just doesn't have the right ring to it. But "Certified Mad Doctor" does. Except I'm not a doctor yet, hence the (in training) qualifier.

The quote is just some fun thing I keep changing as the mood suits me.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Because it's true.

Jesus helps me trick people.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
the first of my quotes is the line from a song by tool, and my second is a terrence Mckenna quote. My third one is just a load of rubbish

(hmmm, don't skim read when stoned!! )

[ 30. December 2002, 06:05: Message edited by: Spiral ]

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Cool thread Drome

Mine is a quote by Dr. Winston O´ Boogie, John Lennon´s alter ego for booking into hotels, etc. I found it one an old record of his and I love it!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
when i did stilts -i used to wear wings with a creature suit - and i used to run and swoop along

swoop swoop from 'Critical Orange' days with Birdy ,i was Hairy

good times running around europe

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
cos I made the fiery wings of death and they were the envy of my friends for ages

soup!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Mine I found in a book about angels...
I like to think that it bestows good fortune on everyone that reads it...
It was found written on a wall in a very old church in England. Nobody knows where it came from.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Cos I am.

Meh

Sweet Pixiemember
24 posts

Posted:
Mine is just a quote i have known for quite some time. I don't know where it came from, i don't know who told me about it in the first place, all i know is that it is so true.....

Sweet Pixie

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched...they must be felt with the heart...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
A beautiful quote indeed as the many I have read whilst goin through the thread again...

Very interesting to hear of all your sigs!

love and hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
my fav childhood story was peterpan, i wanted him to show up on my window ledge so bad! flying was my passion so i had hoped to get my hands on some pixie dust...

oh yeah, and also a slightly morbid reminder to have fun in this life

bang-a-rang!

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
I was hungover and it kinda made sense at the time

It's definitely more "me" than it was at the time.

Time for a change though.....watch this space

[ 11. January 2003, 01:42: Message edited by: SmallBoy ]

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Ars Pyronomica, means for he who controls fire, also the name of an old grimoire believed to be the parent book of what has been called the necronomicon, or ars necronomica

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok I've changed it now.
My girlfriend said it to me on the phone trying to describe her love for me and I thought it pretty much described how I felt about her so...

[ 17. January 2003, 01:32: Message edited by: deepsoulsheep ]

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Page: