si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
SHEFFIELD POI IN THE PARK EASTER PICNIC

yes its that time of year again, the weather is improving, easter is here and its time to get back out into the sunshine and enjoy ourselves spinning in the park! :-)

march's Poi In The Park will be taking place as usual in endcliffe park (just off the eccy road/hunters bar roundabout) on the nice sunny day of this saturday, thats saturday march 18th for all you who live by the calendar and not day to day..

turn up at 3:30pm to find sunshine, lots of colourful people and their toys and loads of blankets set out for a giant picnic !! bring your own wonderful culinary creations and we can have a huge shared feats.. :-)

PIP will be going on until the last man standing/spinning as per usual, there'll be plenty of fire when the sun starts to set, along with some capoeira, wushu frisbee and maybe even some breakdancing too..

i appreciate due to the weather, attendance at recent PIPs has been pretty non-existant, so as the forecast looks good for this one lets all try and do our best to get down to make Poi In The Park the glorious spectacle it used to be in days past.. :-)

happy spinning and i hope to see lots of you in the park on saturday...

peace n pineapples

si. aka kashira. :-P

ps. anyone need directions or info just, pm me

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
wushu frisbee?! eek Now that I gotta see.....

Let's relight this forum ubblove

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:

ah the joys of wushu frisbee... :-) tis almost as fun to watch as to join in im told.. mainly due to the cock-ups (pardon the soon to be obvious pun) when between-the-leg catches and cartwheels turn into a distinct spot of pain in the jewels.. :-O

on a much more encouraging note..:

weather forcast for saturday: its gonna be a dry and mild day with occasional outbursts of sunshine.. shouldnt be any of this snow mallarky and hopefully no rain either, or certainly not during the day while we're there, so no excuses not to come down and join in the fun.. step you know that means you too.. ;-P

by the way, thats the weather as foretold by the bbc, im not psychic or in any way responsible for it not turning out as predicted.. but how about this as an offer to encourage..:

if im wrong about the weather you're all allowed to stone me... ahem, in a juggling way of course. if it rains and you turn up you get a whole 6 juggling balls to throw at me in traditional stoning fashion... (though note i might want to have children some day so try and keep them above the waist or below the knee.. lol) sound tempting?!

see you in the park

peace n pineapples

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

APRIL POI IN THE PARK SPRING BOUNCE

hey guys, just an announcement to let all you hoppers know that the april PIP is going to be taking place on SATURDAY APRIL 29TH in Endcliffe Park as per usual. i'll be down there to kick things off from about 3:30pm and due to the exceedingly nice weather we should be in for a good 4 or 5 hours of sunny, warm daylight spinning followed on by some firey goodness afterwards..!

last month's PIP saw a good 25-30 people come down in weather that wasn't a patch on what we're experiencing now so i reckon this month we can do even better and properly get PIP back to its glorious busy spring and summer days of old..

the whole picnic idea from last time seemed to go down pretty well, so i'll ask if everyone who is planning to come down this month could bring along a lil something to share for the picnic and we can pool all our resources again and have an exotic feast for all to enjoy. :-)

thanks to step (mech) we also have plenty of paraffin for once so there will be plenty of fire for all to have fun with and hopeuflly the day will go on until well into the darkness hours. if people have no plans for post-PIP all our welcome back to ours for tea, drinking and perhaps even more spinning in our park too..

hope to see everyone down in the park on the 29th..

peace n pineapples

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
just a quick but very important update for pip this month..

due ot the presence in the park of the mosocw state circus over this weekend, there will be a slight change in how pip will work this time. first of all, so as not to get in the way of the crowds for the afternoon show, pip will be starting at around 5pm on aturday, just after the circus show has started in the big top.

secondly, instead of us all spinning in the usual place by the 'frog on the log', we will instead all be spinning on the main part of the park, out in the middle, so as not to be right next to the tankers that accompany the circus, and also so that people can see us when they arrive without the big top being in the way..

the state circus's first show on saturday is at 2pm and we have flyers for half price entry so quite a few of us will be going down early to catch the show before pip starts. if anyone else is interested in doing likewise please let me know in advance and i will ensure we have enough flyers to go round so we can all enjoy the circusy goodness! Smile

so just a quick recap, pip will be starting at 5pm, after the first circus performance of the day, and we'll be spinning in the main gree, to the left of the big top and the vans..

see you all there saturday

peace n pineapples

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
yes it has to be said, that was one of, if not THE best poi in the parks ever seen by all who attended..! how often do you get the opportunity to watch a circus show, then have one of the acrobats balancing on one hand on your head afterwards...?! (god my neck was sore this morning tho hehe)

i'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who came down and made the day so special, especially all you new guys who came down for the first time, i hope you all enjoyed it as much as i did!

if anyone happens to have any pics from the day, especially you sarah, could you send them in to me via email or if i brought some disks into teapots on monday, i think we may have to work on putting some of them up on the site when poiinthepark.net returns soon..

well this crazy fool is gonna return to his aching and hungover (again) hole of dissertation work; i hope everyone else is feeling worn yet worth it! i reccomend long baths with some radox..

peace n pineapples

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:

hey guys, anyone leave a set of chain link fire poi in the park on saturday? dont panic if you did, they got found and i am currently minding them so let me know if you've lost a set and ill find a way of getting them back to you..

peace n pineapples

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:

SHEFFIELD MAY PIP is nearly here...

come on down to endcliffe park this saturday (20th may) from 3:30pm for a bouncy day of sun spinning and salmon...

well i cant promise the salmon, but after last month's hugely successful pip i can priomise an excellent day out for all with lots of spinning, fire, wushhu frisbee, acrobatics and perhaps even a bbq if the weather stays good enough..

so come on down, bring yourselves, your spinnables, your picnicy snacks and anything else you may need to have fun in the sun on saturday and i'll see you down in the park! :-)

peace n pineapples

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:

apologies to all that this message has gone up so late, organising this month has been a little delayed due to it being that time of year.. just thouht id put a quick post up to let people know that we will be down in the park for june pip tomorrow from 3:30 onwards.. there's also an after-party house party going on in sheffield so if anyone wants to come to that with us after pip they're more than welcome.

anyone who's gonna be able to come down tomorrow, we'll be having a picnic as usual and if the weather stays nice possibly a few disposable bbqs down there too so feel free to bring any food that might be appropriate if you wanna get in on the bbq. :-)

hope to see you in the park.

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
hey hey guys, i know were having a huge pitp in october but that doesnt mean were not having one this month as well..!

THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd, poi in the park is on with new and returning student forces at the usual location. 4pm by the frog on the log.

be there or be a square shaped penguin, forced to live life in a small box in japan.. :-P so who's coming then??

peace n pineapples

si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
hey everyone, gonna announce this all nice and early this time in the hope that with bettering weather we may actually get a few more of you to brave the outside world and come and join us for a spin ;-P

so, that in mind, next PIP will be taking place on february 17th, that's the saturday after next, in endcliffe park, from the earlier time of 2pm so we can have a bit more daylight to spin in.
bring your friends, bring your toys and most important of all, bring a small furry penguin named ralph..! :-P

hope to see lots of you in the park; as always if you're not sure about weather or how long we'll be staying you know the number to call..

peace n pineapples

si

stainboynewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Fairly old thread by now but was wondering if these are still going on?

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
old threead? i only put it up a few days ago chap.. :-) still on for next year, very early stages yet so plenty of time to go..

stainboynewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Eh? Last reply I see is from feb.

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
eek, my apologies, i replied thinking it was a different thread.. yes pip in sheffield is still going on, but under a different thread, as this thread is the '06 one.. one we're using for '07 can be found here:

[Old link]

tho i grant you this is also from feb.. due to the weather up here pretty much no-one outside of sheff has been attending so i haven't been posting on hop as much, however seeings as interest is apparently still there and the weather is improving i'll make sure ill post up when we have the next one.. :-)

peace n pineapples

Si

stainboynewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Thanks, sorry for not finding the 2007 thread I thought I'd searched everywhere as well ubbangel