Page:
RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Since I gotcalled out for being a tease, I will make the new thread.,. This way, hopefully, I will stop derailing other threads, and can save my energy for derailing my own..

Basically I want to talk about expectation in general.. It seems to me that if there is something that we don't know, then the inherent mystery that comes along with not knowing fuels our imaginations.. As such, we are often 'let down' by the acutal product. This can be seen in the form of a new move, where it gets talked about for ages, and then when you learn it you either a) already knew that, but didnt find it special, or b) think 'that's it?!?'.. But it can also be seen in the expectations that we place on others.. We get one face impressed upon us by al of these discussions of the people not just the patterns.. But despite how oftern we talk with all these people, it takes more than that to 'know' or understand them.. and so, whether in poi, or in life, we get let down by people who fail to live up to 'our' expectations..

Now one of the things that I thought intereseting, and thus led to this thread, is that we have at least a good understanding of how expectations like that work. But one thing we also know is that we are always our own worst critic.. I mean, we all know what we did wrong, and what we 'intended' to do, but for whatever reason didnt. In many ways, we find that even our best spinning is never our 'best'... Because of the critique we think, I could have done better. I mean, sure, there is a difference between critiqueing ourselves and saying that these areas need imporvement, but that this is still the best we can do.. However, I think in many ways this isnt the case. And thus opens up this discussion. How are the expectations that we put on ourselves any different from the expectations we put on others? Furthermore, if our best is never good enough for us, then who exactly do we think we are?

edit:I guess to continue this musing... what does the 'could' mean in I could have done better? Does it mean that I 'want' myself to 'be' better, or does it mean that I really in fact thought that I am better than that, but for whatever reason mucked it up?

EDITED_BY: Rev (1142273678)

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I thin people have an idea of how they want their poi to look in their heads. We spend a lot of time practising so that we can try to put the things in our heads in the real world for our personal viewing pleasure.

However, the more you practise, the more you learn about the way poi moves. The more you learn about poi, the more complicated the idea in your head gets, until you start trying to defy gravity. And then, you win some, you lose some. wink

Because continuous practise leads to continuous improvement, our sights will always be on the next move/tachnique rather than being happy with what we can do at the moment.

IMHO

Disclaimer: I know people will come along and talk about getting moves just perfect, and honing them to 99.9999% success, but even within these parameters you are still striving towards that perfect ideal of 100% success, and is that so very different? devil

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i dont really expect any thing from anyone else i just acept them, i think people are generally fairly unreliable things to have any sort of faith in.

i am sometimes happy with my spinning, it suprises me, when this happens my best is good enough for me and i try and enjoy the moment while its still happening. but im quite unreliable, it can be hard to get into that groove that produces my best spinning, but i think ive been spinning long enough to accept that. i dont expect my spinning to blow me or anyone else away the whole time, and i also know i will have a spin in the future where i will spin my best, or at least i will spin something that suprises me and makes me giggle... so id say my best is good enough for me, just most of the time im not at my best, im only at my best under certain circumstances, and even then it is not predicatble. rolleyes

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: LazyAngel

our sights will always be on the next move/tachnique rather than being happy with what we can do at the moment.

= human condition.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I expect to fall on my ass all the time, so therefore, I'm generally very happy with my spinning.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
Written by: oli

i am sometimes happy with my spinning, it suprises me, when this happens my best is good enough for me and i try and enjoy the moment while its still happening. but im quite unreliable, it can be hard to get into that groove that produces my best spinning, but i think ive been spinning long enough to accept that. i dont expect my spinning to blow me or anyone else away the whole time, and i also know i will have a spin in the future where i will spin my best, or at least i will spin something that suprises me and makes me giggle... so id say my best is good enough for me, just most of the time im not at my best, im only at my best under certain circumstances, and even then it is not predicatble. rolleyes

this is me, only i take it to the Nth degree. i'm pretty much ONLY truly excited about my spinning when i suprise myself with something previously unpredictable (going from trying to isolate infinite buzzsaws to just tugging against the tangle was BIG exciting, no matter how simple it seems or how little i've cleaned it up). i'm not only into poi for that little squirt of dopamine when i find something new though, nor do i give a crap about how many of what moves i know or what they're named, except to teach others how to expand their limits. when i can really get into a groove best is when i'm most comfortable dropping the illusion of planes and moves and just feel the beat and let go. poi is a journey every time i pick them up -- ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny? -- sometimes i'm drawn down established paths (ruts), some times i'm off in my own world "learning" to keep from doing the same thing over and over, but i definitely have to work toward certain ways of thinking to get certain moves to flow better -- and sometimes, certain paths are harder than others, but more ofthen way easier than you'd imagine without having tried it.

on the main topic, "expectation", i see as a complete hinderance to any personal evolution though. if you expect yourself to be able to do something all the time, you're just going to dissapoint yourself when you can't. if you expect you shouldn't be able to do or even understand certain moves until you learn others, you'll probably still do them all the time (like the "that's what that is?" situations) and not know it, or it'll set up a block to keep you from doing those things in the future... i really don't like the idea of "expectation" to begin with, no matter how much it determines my survival.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Written by: Rev

edit:I guess to continue this musing... what does the 'could' mean in I could have done better? Does it mean that I 'want' myself to 'be' better, or does it mean that I really in fact thought that I am better than that, but for whatever reason mucked it up?

I think it can mean both these things. In the first case of wanting to be "better," that's what pushes us all forward, isn't it? On an individual level, that's what drives us to progress in our own spinning practice, but on a communal level, that's how the poi world crossed the threshold from "is a btb weave possible?" to a btb weave being taken for granted (though still challenging). Without that urge to be better, we'd all still be doing butterflies and 3-beat weaves (probably with suck-ass planes) and it'd get pretty boring pretty quick. Antispin, isolations, inversions...all the recent and brewing innovations have sprung from that urge. In a sense, the expectation at play here is the expectation of further growth and development. So in that case, expectation can be a positive, driving force towards further complexity, refinement and innovation.

In the second case of mucking it up, that's the worst. Personally, it's only an issue for me when it comes to a performance where I fail to do something I can do well or forget to do it altogether. That one's frustrating because it isn't about meeting some lofty standard of supposedly objective bestness, but about not performing to the fullness of what I know my capabilities are, compounded by the fact that it happened publicly. Like how Sasha Cohen must've felt when she fell in the recent Olympics (or every other time she's blown a big international competition). You gotta just shake that one off (easier said than done though, I know from experience).

To me, hype almost always leads to disappointment, as was witnessed by some reactions to Arashi's recent vid that triggered the conversation that led to this one. That saying "don't believe the hype" is a truism for a reason. High expectations also take away the possibility for surprise. You're either disappointed, or you get what you expect. The biggest thrill of experiencing any artform is being happily surprised by something.

Nice thread, Rev. Thanks.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Here's a little bit more on my thoughts..

I think that we often can fall into both categories, but I find myself quite a bit perplexed about the second part.. and I don't know why.. The way I see it, being able to visualize, and thus havve the intention to do soemthing, doesnt have anything to do with actually being able to do it... I know there are lots of things that I can see in my head, and I can actually do each of those pieces.. but, I can't put it together... its like being able to do a butterfly, and then trying to stick a butterfly in the middle of the pattern.. If I muck it up in the pattern, I think to myself I could have done better.. and by that, I don't think that I -wanted- to do better, I see it as there being no real reason why I -shouldn't- have been able to do it, and thus could have done better..

but regardless, the fact remains that no matter what I could have done, I didn't... And, yes it may be true (and typically is true) that I can practice more and get it... But then the fact appears to be that I could not have done better.. I could only do it -with more practice-..

The point may seem trivial to a lot of you.. And that's fine.. however, to me, it seems that when I critque my own spinning, I often fall into the category of believing that I actually could have done better.. And thus apparently have this expectation of myself that is to some degree superior to my own actual abilities.. That naturally, also bothers me..

now I can focus on a lot fo things.. perhaps, I could go a heideggerian route, and claim that we live in the future, rather than the present.. and so, my opinion of me isnt really me but who I want to be.. but how is that different from having an expectation or concept of myself that's clearly invalid.. Basically I don't see how 'living in the future' justifies simply being wrong...

It jsut seems to me hard to draw the line between critqueing what I should have done better and the distinction of I could have done better.. I can see how one's best fits in the first category, but the second just doesnt seem possible.. But we all know that we -can- do better than we sometimes do.. yet there doesnt seem to be room for it..

maybe this is a whole lot of nothing I dunno.. I had a great insight earlier today, and then I went to my logic 4010 class, and well.. I can't really even think anymore..

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:

I think that we often can fall into both categories, but I find myself quite a bit perplexed about the second part.. and I don't know why.. The way I see it, being able to visualize, and thus havve the intention to do soemthing, doesnt have anything to do with actually being able to do it... I know there are lots of things that I can see in my head, and I can actually do each of those pieces.. but, I can't put it together... its like being able to do a butterfly, and then trying to stick a butterfly in the middle of the pattern.. If I muck it up in the pattern, I think to myself I could have done better.. and by that, I don't think that I -wanted- to do better, I see it as there being no real reason why I -shouldn't- have been able to do it, and thus could have done better..

but regardless, the fact remains that no matter what I could have done, I didn't... And, yes it may be true (and typically is true) that I can practice more and get it... But then the fact appears to be that I could not have done better.. I could only do it -with more practice-..

this is where you kill it. it's not more practice you need. it's more focus. you can do the move, you have the ability all the time to concentrate enough to pull it off cleanly, but yet you don't? why not? stand ass tall as you can for as long as you can. and then think to yourself "stretch taller". i bet you'll be able to feel like you can every few seconds if you're really trying at 100%. noone can hold focus like that infinitely deep and infinitely broadly across time, even with the best focus in the world. learn to know when you need to turn it up before you find out the hard way. and don't practice slop unless you want to perform slop... damn i wish i followed that one. frown

Written by:

now I can focus on a lot fo things.. perhaps, I could go a heideggerian route, and claim that we live in the future, rather than the present.. and so, my opinion of me isnt really me but who I want to be.. but how is that different from having an expectation or concept of myself that's clearly invalid.. Basically I don't see how 'living in the future' justifies simply being wrong...

that's interesting. who says you aren't wrong all the time about yourself, or everything? there are necessarily an infinte number of wrong answer statements to any question, and only a countable number of right answers. so by probability, your answer is almost 100% in the "wrong" column in some way because of its fuziness. thus we are all never right and know nothing, even if we might have hints and ways to repeatable explain well understood concepts to others. poi teaches that you can't "get it" all just from the text of it. there's a feel to a move that can't be explained that we seek, and often layers that whoever showed you a move didn't see or understand enough to reproduce once you incorporate it outside the "move" shell you learn it in.

Written by:

maybe this is a whole lot of nothing I dunno.. I had a great insight earlier today, and then I went to my logic 4010 class, and well.. I can't really even think anymore..

if your brain's warmed up toward a certain area, by all means keep exploring it, but once you're exhausted, swtich it up. that's another thing poi teaches me. biggrin

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
Seriously, I could be tired, pissed off, having spun like crap all night, and then a beautiful girl will push to the front of the audience and all my moves will suddenly pull themselves off flawlessly. ubbloco I've had the same sort of thing happen for good songs/djs.

Everyone needs to find their inspiration/muse. If you can find it in little everyday things, then your spinning will be amazing to watch most of the time. smile

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
I like what people are expressing about taking joy in the moments where they are surprised by their spinning... So true.
biggrin Poi/Life.

I am thinking of my friend Dan( tiger balm guy, Burning Dan) ubbloveand how he always looks so surprised at himself as he is spinning, like it is a story with a beginning but no end, an adventure, and he is always delighted to see what is around the next turn... Sometimes I actually find myself holding my breath as I watch him, entirely caught up in it...

It is like a child watching or participating in magic, or even a baby- when you hide behind your hands and pop out again,eek they are truly amazed, and gasp out loud with the exquisite drama of it all. Poi is definately like magic if you let it unfold its own patterns, watch and play with a childs perspective and beginners mind- rather than imposing a rigid set of expectations upon the experience.

Not saying we shouldn't analyze, or evaluate, and apply discipline to our Poi practice -sure we can. Its just that I would prefer to use those things as my tools, gently facilitating the growth process without dominating or interfering with the joy found within the direct experience. Let the poi, and its players, lead you somewhere wild and mysterious...devil

I will write more later, as I like this thread, but first someone here has to feed me!!! Starving... so I am off for a snack and some spinning before I even try to think
love,
hug
A

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

SLCpoiSILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
I never let myself down when I'm spinning. I choose to believe that any mistake I made was not because I wasn't focused enough I messed up because I was thinking about it too much. Poi requires no thinking when it boils down to it. You know the patterns, you know the transitions, you know what's you're going to do next. Just for some un-Godly reason when you mess up, you just messed up. And a split second after you messed up you're going to start those poi spinning again.

ammreSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
I tend to hold myself to unreachable expectations... when you're around people like mikeicon, nyc, and some other amazing spinners who aren't on the boards here, it's very good in some ways as it forces you to learn, and you have someone to lean from. You have people who push you to want to be better...

but then you never feel like you are good enough.

That combined with having a very large body, makes me far from able to fulfill my own expectations of what i should be doing.

I hate watching myself spin poi. I love the feeling of it, but to see me do it feels very anticlimactic and very blah.

Watching someone else spin poi is much like watching sports for me... I'm only intrested if they are really good or if i know the person.

as for new tricks, if i cna't do it i'm impressed, if i can't do it AND it's visually pleasing then i'm in awe (you know those super tech tricks where it's so involved you loose flow and it looks stockey and stupid?)
EDITED_BY: ammre (1142319542)

that which yeilds is not always weak.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
AHHHH she said NYC's real name! Quick, someone call the HoP policia or edit it out quick wink

hug ammre I think NYC wants his name private though.

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

ammreSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
oh, i dind't know that. I don't tend to be on here enough to know the nuances.. Edited, strike that from memory, check.

that which yeilds is not always weak.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:

this is a good point rev, its how i feel, i tend to think of it like, i should be able to do this stuff, but by the fact that when i try it most of the time i cant i know it needs practise and alot of it. i disagree with what dut said, it is not simply a matter of being focused in my experience... sometimes focus helps you pull of some crazy stuff that you cant actually do, which is nice, and its these moments that i get suprised. but just becuase ive done something once when i was on a particully twisty trip through poi land dosnt mean i can do it again, usually becuase i wasnt really paying attention and wasnt sure what i did. it needs practise to get stuff consistant so you can do it on demand rather than pull it off at random moments when you wernt expecting it.... did that make sense?

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

dawn2duskBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

I thin people have an idea of how they want their poi to look in their heads. We spend a lot of time practising so that we can try to put the things in our heads in the real world for our personal viewing pleasure.

Yeah, that' s what I think concerning poi, but I suppose (I may be wrong) Rev wanted to talk in a more general way. That' s true philosphy smile. But I stays in the field of poi to be clearer. I' m at a medium level at the moment, I' ve just started practising ISO and so on, but in my head I can SEE the movements I WANT to do, the style I WANT to have. I can say I see what I want to be. But thinking and doing are different, cause thoughts have no limits, but reality has. I have to train my body to do that movements, in my head THAT movements are very clear, but to concretize them is not so easy. And when I make a video or a show (very few till now), when I see the results (that rarely satisfy me) I feel very sick, because I KNOW where I want to arrive and I know I can.
Better said: I have an idea of me and I focuse that, but the realization is always different, and that, in poi as in life, makes me get no lasting satisfaction.
At the same time, in the very moment I practice I m not satisfied. But after a month, more months, a year, I can say I m surprised by my improvements. When I get a movement I couldn' t do first, it' s just a sudden illumination. Before, I couldn' t. Now, I can. A light. My synopsis (my English starts being very creative : P) cut their tangles.
But in the meantime, every level we reach, we are not satisfied, we want more. That' s true, we are hard with ourselves, while we recognize others' improvements easily and are happy for them. When others tells us we have a great style or we are better than before, we can' t believe them, even if we are pleased, because we have another image in our head we want to reach. We can' t taste the very moment we get something or when happiness and surprise touches us, but these are the bases of our training and improvements smile if we were satisfied statically, nothing would pull us to do it better.

Beware of the opposite! smile Even being never, never, never (three N, not three V biggrin) satisfied is dangerous!

***Feelings are anarchist - I feel - I am an anarchist***

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Oli-

that makes a lot of sense.. And, that really is what I think of when I think of being surprised by my own skill.. I guess that highlights something a little different too.. In that instance, I do something I didnt know I could do, which isn't to say that is necessarily something I -can- do..

Glad andrea prodded me to start this.. People's views on this have been a very thought provoking read..

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I expect I'll get my planes perfect in like 10 years....

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
A thought that whipped in and left quickly not overly coherant, sorry. To me it relates somehow to what Oli and Rev are discussing, I think.

It was about how when I consciously visualise something, I see in my mind what I think is closest to a state of balance or harmony. My perception of beauty is harmony: though my definition of harmony in general is very very broad, and includes and enjoys all kinds of things others would classify as flaws...

If this idea is applied to poi spinning for meditational purposes, then what I try to do is bring my bodys actions into the place they need to be to allow for that harmony to emerge from the movement. Sometimes I visualize and feel the patterns of the three dimensional mandala images around my body. Part of dancing them is bringing my postures into the appropriate alignment, so things flow. Part of it happens through running my energy, and my mind, over the spots that are rough, an imaginary sanding process, until they are smooth.

Sometimes, it is more about getting my mind out of the way of both the movement and the meditation, because sometimes the distinction between why I can do something at one point and not another is only an internal state, blocking myself with extraneous drives and impulses, trying too hard,or not focusing/flowing properly.

How does any of this relate to expectations? Just that when I visualize the harmony, and set out to flow the form,I dont appraoch it with an expectation of anything, even that the form I visualize is in fact harmonious to anyone else- it is just what I am working with, for now. I go where it leads.

Like in meditation, for years I did not get how I was supposed to try to get to a certain state of being without trying, with effort, without attachment to the outcome. Why was I doing it if I did not expect it to benefit me in some way? It seemed contradictory. At times it made me nuts, as poi does. But a lot of it seems to be about getting yourself out of the way, the ego bit of yourself,and letting other energy surface, stabalize, come through and/or merge. The poi, and the music, and our breath, are in a way, guides that facilitate our process towards what I see as some kind of harmony.

Another thought about visualization and movement. Some interesting studies have been done on training :In one, there was one group using visualization alone, one practice alone, and one with both...( shooting basketball penalty shots I think) The group with using both techniques excelled the most. The really surprising bit was how close the other two training approaches were in their effectiveness! Both had very similar benefits!

It was a pretty strong validation of visualization as a coaching/training method. That was ten years ago, and though the authors of the study presented many hypothesis of how this was working, they basically did not really know what the mechanisms were. Science may know much more about how that works now, I dont know? But holding the view of what you want to acheive in your mind, and playing it in your minds eye, with all the little details, while feeling it within your body as you do so, can actually help you perform the movement better!

Oh, I hope some of that made sense!
smiles,
Andrea

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: KaelGotRice

Seriously, I could be tired, pissed off, having spun like crap all night, and then a beautiful girl will push to the front of the audience and all my moves will suddenly pull themselves off flawlessly.

I'd call Kael a 'slut' but that might derail the conversation. ubblol

As for me, I've got no expectations and lost most if not all inspiration. In the irony of ironys it was "Uberpoi" that stopped my spinning on a dime. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting stuff faster than I originally learned it. Pretty soon, someone will have to show me 'the weave'. wink I don't even really understand what inspired me in the first place. Just seems like spinning a bunch of flaming balls around in a circle now. *shrug*

I absolutely love the people that I've met. That's certainly the only reason I still poi at all.

(Don't get me wrong, the rest of my life KICKS ASS! This is far from a sob story. biggrin )

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
we become mindful by abandoning our expectations about the way we think things should be and, out of our mindfulness, we begin to develop awareness about the way things really are. we begin to develop the insight that things are really quite simple, that we can handle ourselves, and our relationships, very well as soon as we stop being so manipulative and complex.

copied from the The Four Noble Truths

meditateap

peace and light

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

Written by: KaelGotRice

Seriously, I could be tired, pissed off, having spun like crap all night, and then a beautiful girl will push to the front of the audience and all my moves will suddenly pull themselves off flawlessly.

I'd call Kael a 'slut' but that might derail the conversation. ubblol

hey man, sluts are classy, whores are trashy. wink

Your inspiration will come hug

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

dawn2duskBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Yes, alpha, but to do that you must abandon your idea of yourself - to reach a peace in which you don' t expect something to satisfy your lacks, or the lacks you think you have, to please other people (what we, consciusly or unconsciously, try to do since childhood).
This is a kind of peace described in oriental philosophies. I don' t think the man of the west side of the world can do it easily : / - too many sides of his culture involved. But as we opened our mind to a deeper harmony (I like this word smile) I think we can learn and jam everything we want.

***Feelings are anarchist - I feel - I am an anarchist***

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
andrea-
I understood completely.. very nice post..

on the end bit though about the kids that practice vs watching.. We work on that stuff here in my lab.. We are trying to get ahold of the way the different learning systems (implicit and explicit) come together.. What the strengths of each are, how the systems work indpendently, etc.. you'd be amazed at how much we can learn jsut by watching.. hell, not even really by watching.. I recommend a very nice book by Malcolm Gladwell called 'Blink: the power of thinking without thinking".. its very easy to read(whihc is a plus for me because I ahte reading frown I know.. I suck) and very thought provoking..

I know NYC has worked with autistic kids before, so maybe he can back me on this one. Some forms of autism derive from the fact that there's apart of our brain that is active when we undergo some activity. That part has pretty much nothing to with actually performing the task.. However, that same part becomes just as active when we watch someone else perform the same activity.. and so to some degree our learning and out ability to 'understand' others is tied to this part of the brain.. Its more prominently available in some forms of autisim because in those cases, kids just can't seem to grasp an understanding of others. Like why they do what they do, and what not.. and its been found that in these cases, the children tend to not have activity in that part of the brain...

ending this aside, and turning to another one..
I can teach you the weave NYC, but you have to do it REALLY FAST.. wink

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
exactly open ur mind and start to learn the way is important not how far u will go wink

it´s hard to reach this level in our culture i know cause it s a culture based on ego and to get him out should be also a way in ur live

peace and light

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lovely post Andrea

hug

Getting to the other side smile

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
ditto

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Oh, and rev, I think what I wrote about harmony may relate to what you are discussing in another thread, about the golden mean... There is an underlying harmony to things. Maybe math is another guide to it, not one I spend much time at, but another way of approaching the whole thing...

I found what you wrote about autism very interesting, thinking about it...
thanks,
Andrea

PS. NYC--curious: do you have any expectations of yourself and your spinning, did that play a role in why you are not motivated or inspired, why you dont spin hardly at all anymore?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
yeah.. I was thinking the same thing about harmony.. Mcp's post really helped draw that out too..

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
reading what I wrote, I realize how much I have to offer credit, love, and appreciation to the most beautiful Nick, for his guidance down the poi path... He certainly has been a strong influence in how I think about poi!

rev- I will certainly check out the book! Thanks!

Page: