• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Help me pick someting out please pleas??

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 2
Posted:Alright, if anyone could offer some suggestions as to what poi set would meet my criteria that would be amazing ubbloco

Im looking for something that is going to last me a while and I would like to have brilliant flame / burn time, but I value maneuverbility and weight as well. Also, maybe someone could explain difference in chains advantages/disadvantages?

I consider myself to be advanced in technical poi moves.

Thanks in advance to HOP community

Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
Total posts: 278
Posted:I'd suggest either TubeCore or MonkeyFist. TubeCore is very durible, nice big consistant flame,good weight and pretty good burn time.
MonkeyFist has a longer burn time, bigger flame, hurts a lot more to get hit with, bigger flame but the wich roping has a slight chance of coming lose after a fair bit of time.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2666
Posted:Monkey Fists are great, if you get them from the home of poi shop and go for the chain links you will get a nice sturdy, weighty set of poi. They make a nice flame, have a good burn time like Thumper said and the chains wont catch on clothing. Theres a wire option but they will get kinks in them eventually and will need replacing.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
Total posts: 2568
Posted:hummmm i suggest you try doing a search smile

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Total posts: 360
Posted:monkey fist heads with decent chain from a hardware store, and put your own hardware & loops on, I've always been baffled why poi manufacturers insist on using those clips, split rings are much more suited to the job. I also don't understand why people use ball chain, it withholds so much heat & weighs a ton. Are there any advantages to ball chain?

Liquid Cow
Total posts: 2629
Posted:Written by: GeoffonTour04

I've always been baffled why poi manufacturers insist on using those clips, split rings are much more suited to the job.

Split rings fail more often than quick links - they're really not all that strong.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

HOP admin
Total posts: 984
Posted:See also

"May your balls always burn"