Forums > Help! > where can u get public liability insurance for fire poi (uk)

Login/Join to Participate

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts
Location: Uk, Essex, Clacton

does anyone know any insurance brooker who will do public liability insurance for fire poi if so how much do they charge?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts
Location: Wales

Firstly you need to remember that the search button at the top of the page is your friend and can answer almost all the questions you can come up with about fire spinning (trust me most of them have been asked before).

Secondly [Old link] is such a case on the question you have just asked. Scroll down to UCoFs post and you will see the answers you need.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

15,416 posts
Location: South Wales

*does the being helpful dance*

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts
Location: They seek him here, they seek him there...

Useful chap that UCOF biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts
Location: Bali, Australia

Originally Posted By: SpannerDuck for Cover

Duck for Cover is an Australian performer's association that arranges cheap insurance for its members, including for fire performers. (Annoyingly, they don't include workshops.)

Relevance to Poms? You could join as a Pom living in Oz, and it covers working overseas (apart from US/Canada), but you have to live in Australia to join. Closest name I could see in a UK search was blokes clothing called duck AND cover.

Also Skully, the link on your post to an answer doesn't work.. goes back to the forums 'title page'.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts
Location: Cambridge UK

I reckon consolidating up to date info on PLI into one sticky thread could be a good idea

Last I heard it was Towergate Risk solutions, but that was back in march

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts
Location: Bethnal Green, London, England (UK)

Towergate Risk Solutions is the one I've always used... having read through some others they are a little more expensive at 165 / year but have lower excess, cover workshops (if you specify them) and are international (barring USA!).

You can get the price down to about 130 through other insurers but then loose some of the cover.

They are rubbish at writing things down though, even after being with them for over 5 years I have to send my documents back with corrections every time I renew them.

Has anyone else got a different favourite?

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrdinger

HOP Newsletter
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...