Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > SpunOut06 - Perth, Australia, 17th -20th, March

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Hi guys wave

Above is the flier for SpunOut06, a weekend of workshops and play hosted by the Perth Fire Group to be held from the 17th to the 20th of March, 2006. The workshops are being held near the coastal town of Busselton, 2.5 hours drive south of Perth. We have a large camp (by the water) booked with dormitories, shower blocks and a large kitchen. The weekend is fully catered so all meals, accommodation, workshops and fire fuel are included in the cost of your ticket.

There will be workshops in poi, staff, twin staff, ball, club and contact juggling, devil sticks, diabolo and stilt walking. With possible workshops in hoops and rope dart. As well as henna, massage, yoga, hair wraps and body painting. We are currently in the process of working out the workshop schedule and will post it up here when it's finalised. There will also be a fire show on the Saturday night followed by fire dancing and great tunes.

Full weekend tickets cost $60AUD, 2 nights cost $50AUD and 1 night tickets are $45AUD.

Transport to and from the camp for overseas and interstate guests can be arranged for those that need it. (This would mean car pooling with some of the lovely Perth crew.)

If you are interested in coming, get your tickets fast as numbers are limited and tickets are on a first come basis.

If you need anymore information please feel free to PM me and we'll do our best to help you out.

Hope to see you in the west soon,

Dexta and Littlewing ubbrollsmile
Perth Fire Crew

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
OOOH!!!!!!! That sounds great!!! Here I am MSNing Gnor and JEd and you sneak up an event thread while I not looking!

Best huge great success for your weekend!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
It's not always about YOU Draghkyre!!

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
biggrin Indeed it will my friend, indeed it will......

*goes off to carry on typing up info leaflet as requests have started coming in already*

littlewingBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
jed is displaying the characteristic symptoms of an only child smile

we'll have to start calling him jed with the big head..... (or just jed the head for short) wink

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
sweet flyer, i remember that night at the tunnel and waterless waterfall ubblove wish we could come sounds like itll be wicked

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oooo - the day after me and the Mrs land in Perth!

Tempting, very tempting.

*wanders off to try and persuade Mrs Durbs*

Don't suppose you're in need of any more teachers are you?
Poi or CJ? Poor, impoverished travellers that we are... ubbangel

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

littlewingBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
a little blurb (or perhaps propaganda) about the location for those of you interstate and international people that are interested: Busselton is a town in the southwest of WA situated on Geographe Bay - beautiful Indian Ocean coastline so good fishing, diving and sunsets, it's in the middle of the wine region if that's your thing, close to top surfing spot Margaret River, lots of cool caves and beautiful forest, and not tooooo far from Dunsborough bakery, my favourite bakery in the world (and I've been to lots of bakeries!)

etc, etc, etc........

littlewingBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
yes you should definitely come along! we would love to see some distinguished international guests smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I think several people would argue the "distinguised" part... wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Mr and Mrs Durbs, we would very much LOVE if you could help out with poi and/or cj workshops ubblove However, all the workshops are being run by volunteers that have also paid to come to the camp so we can't afford to pay you or give you a free ticket. (Even tho we would love to.)

The money we are charging to come to the camp is to cover costs only. It is totally non profit and even the organisers (myself and Littlewing) are working on this for love not money.

We can, however, provide you with transport to Busselton and back and a very warm welcome upon arrival kiss and anything else we can get for free.

Tomorrow I'll PM you the full Info Leaflet and Registration Form so you have the full lowdown for the event cool biggrin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Mahahahahavellous smile

Cheers m'dears biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh, scrap all that "We're impoverished travellers" stuff - I was working in US$ not AUS$ - much cheaper than I thought!

Also, it seems I know my dates really badly as we fly in on the 4th, not the 16th... so huzzah, looks like we'll be coming biggrin

Don't mind running a rope dart workshop, although I don't have mine with me, but after a little warm up should be able to pass on a few bits and bobs smile

E-mail on it's way...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
wwwhoohoooooo!!!!!

bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce bounce bounce2 bounce2 clap bounce2

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Woooohooo is right Gnor bounce2

Woooohooooo and wooooo double hoooooo at that! clap clap clap

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:

You've all got to come, really you do. I need to practice my henna some more, and I need canvases!

Plus, at $60 for three nights, its cheaper than a hostel, and includes grub! Brilliant!! And its a gorgeous beachfront location too. Really beautiful.

Have I talked everyone into it yet?

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I would really like to come...but Perth is so far away!

It's like a 3 day drive

and flights are incredibly expensive frown

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
We're working on a teleporting machine.....I'll let you know if it's ready in time fro you to make it here.......

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
bump

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*sigh* this looks fun. alas after summer i need to watch my finances a bit closer.

maybe next time smile

E ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
I watch my finances and occassionally give them a good talking too as well but it seems to make no difference!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
biggrin Getting closer...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

why did noone inform me of this earlier... sounds awesome! Are there still lots of spots open?

If so i shall check my finances and see if i can talk Rhys into it... i'm sure it'll take much arm twisting... (sarcasem)

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Its been here, just got bumped.. ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

Sorry darl hug

Is it the Truth?

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

Mmm, I don't look in this bit much... I probably should, then I'd know when cool things are happening.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
so yah coming????...

Is it the Truth?

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Hey FoxInDocs!

I did try and send a email to your fire group in adelaide and I was under the impression that it got through. I guess not shrug

Damn technology! Messes with me all the time.

There are spots for you and any other Adelaideians that want to pop by and say hello. We'd LOVE to have you hug

PM me your email and I can send you the full info for the weekend so you know everything that's going to be happening.

I can't wait! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
*not just a bump but a full hip n shoulder rugby tackle*

bouncemmmmm, there could well be pancakes toobounce

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Mojojo - I'm expecting some pancake magic for sure on Sunday morning!!! biggrin hug clap

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
pancakes a comin, and more. Only 5 more sleeps til this one, and the weather is forecasted for early 30's, and as this is what the beach looks like in right front of our rooms, its going to be beautiful:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Woot!

This West Coast is lovely.

Er - see you all soon!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Page: