Page:
polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Things here are currently pretty busy work wise, so there's nothing planned for the immediate future (till the end of April). If you're interested in coming to a meet join the group at https://groups.myspace.com/malvernfirespinners and I'll see about organising something.

We don't mind people staying over the whole weekend (fri-sun) if they want. I've got a fair few toys and I'm willing to teach, I'm just lacking a staff. If the weather's iffy then there's always other things to do like rubiks puzzle solving, origami, and a whole load of films to watch (including many HoP DVDs), the local pub serves exceptionally good food and drink, and the Chinese and pizza place deliver here too smile

A map to my house from Malvern is available here.

If like me you're without a car, then Colwall has it's own train station (on the Birmingham - Hereford line), and my house is about a 20 minute walk from there, (we can probably provide lifts from the station to save people having to walk up the hill), the station in Great Malvern is a slightly longer walk, but the hill isn't so steep that way.

All HoPpers and Midlands spinners are welcome.

EDITED_BY: polarity (1175103832)

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
*Bump*

Just got back online properly today. I've edited the above now I've got a better idea of what's going on.

Can check for PMs regularly too.

Better go buy paraffin wink

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
If its ok to invite oneself, I reckon I'll be there smile Sounds great Duncan, thanks for organising it biggrin

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
OK, so no HoPpers came to the first one, but some local spinners came along and had a spin in the afternoon before the main event.

I'll be more coherent at the next, as I won't have lost sleep the previous 2 nights staying up decorating and setting up speakers / computers for visuals smile

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Invite is open to all HoPpers and any friends they'd like to bring along.

I'll get onto google later tonight and put a map together at the same time I'm doing the flyer.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
PM sent to you Mr P hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
hmmm . . . interesante . . .

Jake the Juggler

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Bump - One week to go!

peteyboySILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
i will try to come but i means having to swap a shift at work which is very unlikely! damn my rubbish memory! mad

Dream as is you will live forever, live as if you will die today.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Well it is a 3dayer, and we've no problems with people sleeping over.

Can go on a shop run if necessary, or chinese and pizza deliver tongue

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oh no, how did I miss this? Sounds wicked but I'm in Bristol all weekend frown Will there be more?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Well Froggy's got the second weekend of every month covered (and I'm not going to miss any of those), so I guess we're doing the first.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
First post has been updated for the next one biggrin

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
I would come except i'll be back in Hastings 4 hours away. Damn.

I'll see you this weekend at Mel's though.

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

peteyboySILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
ok well i missed hte first one but i will damn well try and get to the next one!! wil lbook time off work on sat to make sure and leave post-it s everywhere!!!

how did the last one go? muchos annoyed i missed it frown

Dream as is you will live forever, live as if you will die today.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Sounds great I will let you know closer to the time if I can make the next one. .. .

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Was a bit quiet with only 9 people turning up, but I guess it just takes time for the word to get around. Everyone who came said they'll be back with friends, and I'm starting to get requests to do parties elsewhere biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Well I guess its a start and you have to start somewhere..... And it seems that people enjoyed it ....

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Polarity this next one is on at the same time as the first Clapham meet of the year and I already promised to go to that, sorry. I am however really looking forward to coming to the one after (if there is one). It seems like ages since I've seen you! hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I'd just like to point out that although this happens to be on April the 1st, it isn't a joke, it is actually happening wink

We even have some bands playing at this one (punk/metal) biggrin

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
WOOHOO! This weekend's party was awesome! (Third time's the charm wink ).

To open the night the bands (Toxic Pijin and Meteor Street) played their own styles (there's no other way to describe it), then I went housey trance and worked my way up the scale, as people had a bit of a dance and spun some poi + glow sticks. Ed (Silver Fox) was up next, who opened with Genesis and The Police. I didn't get to hear the rest of his set, but it went down well with the people who stayed behind while a group of us took a guitar, a couple of drums, a blacklight and some poi a short way up the hill for a bit of a spin, with most of Worcestershire's lights visible below biggrin When we got back we had a bit of a jam until the trains started running....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear hear it matey hug

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Meet sounds great, especially as I am going to be new to the area, great to meet some spinners.

Moving up the start of May so not sure I will make the May one, lots of confusion, will try my best, but if not see you in June (as long as that is not clashing with IOW festival) weavesmiley ubbrollsmile

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Damnit, how did I miss this?!!! Count me in for the next one smile

Cake or Death?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Aw amn I can't make it frown We have a night out in Wolve planned on the 6th ubbcrying

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
you know what, f*ck it, i'm coming here it'll be way more fun and it's my bday on the 12th so I'll have lots to party about smile

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
All sounds good. Hopefully I can make it too. Fingers crossed on the flat hunting. smile

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
I have all my exams and my birthday during May, I should probably spend that weekend revising however I probably won't so shall likely find my way to the spin next time.
EDITED_BY: Kieron (1144751882)

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Being away at Falmouth and BJC, we didn't have time to promote or plan much for the next party, so it's probably going to be a bit smaller and more chilled out (thankfully).

Hopefully it'll be a bit more spinning oriented smile

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I know there's a few other things going on this weekend, so...

Is anyone likely to be coming, or can I leave the mammoth task of moving all the junk out of the summer house until next month?

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
This weekend looks like a no for me frown, spending the weekend packing and moving up to the Midlands on Sunday.

Hopefully next Month, unless that is when we move into the house smile

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

Page: