Forums > Social Discussion > It's been forever and a day since I've been on here

Login/Join to Participate

MasiSILVER Member
resident spelunker...cave bugs!!!!
152 posts

Posted:
It seems I suck at wasting time on the internet, thus I haven't been around HoP much in a very long time.

I think some of the last things I posted about when I was more active was my trip that I was taking to Europe. Well that was months ago already! I had a blast, and unfortunately I couldn't meet up with anyone (long story, and it pains me).

However, I have more exciting news. I'm moving to Vancouver, BC the last week of December and I'll be living in Vancouver on exchange to UBC through the end of April. I've been trying to make contacts in the area and all, and one of the people that I've been discussing renting a room from has informed me that there is a group that gets together about once a week to go spin in one of the parks around the city. My eyes lit up at this!

So, all you Vancouver people? Who are you and which park do y'all spin in? (Aren't there something like 190 parks?!?!?)

I'm most likely going to be living in the Dunbar side of town (don't want to live too far from campus or else I'll have a crappy commute!). I'm definitely down with meeting up with y'all since I'll be living there for 4 months.

Hope I haven't missed too terribly much!

-Meg

Birthday Countdown:

ubbrollsmile 23 in 106 days ubbrollsmile

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
Hey Masi! I'm not from vancouver, but i've been there enough times. if you can get to a ferry terminal on some saturday morning, (preferably the tawassen ferry) take it over to victoria. there are way more poi ppl there, the entire place is a total hippie town, whereas van city is just a huge busy city on the ocean.

and, since youre going to be staying in the mountains for a canadian winter (but not a bad winter, you'd have to go a little bit east of the mountains into the prairies for that! there are tons of cool places in the area to bo snowboarding. big white is a very cool resort, definatelly time well spent. i don'[t know whats right in the vancouver area, but tons, i'm sure.

have fun! and welcome to canada!! smile

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Before this thread gets moved - check out www.playpoi.com and contact Nick. He is an amazing Spinner from Vancouver and he definitely can help you with questions concerning Poi ubbrollsmile

Enjoy this beautiful city and dont forget to visit Saltspring Island

andy

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
You did find the park didn't you? It is Trout lake Park, in East van... Dont know what's up there these days though, cold and rainy, so maybe not so much play time outside!
smiles,
~A

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
sorry to hijack this thread but i didnt wish to create yet another thread about this subject..

WOW..........how much has this place changed? all this new stuff and all the new members...............are any of the people i knew from here still here?

if you can't remember me feel free to look up my intro thread...............er..............somewhere on here, it's all new to me again so even i don't know where it is.

dose that mean i need to do a re-introduction listing my antics since going walk about from this community?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
welcome back ravehead!
[Old link]
don't suppose u listen to any psychedelic trance?
EDITED_BY: bender (1220489147)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

7,193 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: benderwelcome back ravehead!
[Old link]
don't suppose u listen to any psychedelic trance?

yay, thank you for finding my intro thread from the bowels of hop hug and yes, i do listen to psytrance PM me and i can point you in the right direction wink

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
awesome. i heard it's real good like scott project etc

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

7,193 posts

Posted:
shhhhhhhhhh..................check your pm's wink