Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Possible invasion of Hastings by Soton Massive and others...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Right..

I know some people want to come to see us. This is when it should happen.
I think all of the Hastings kids should be around. They are fluffy and nice (like me only better at remembering things).
Sooooomebody was talking about camping and doing saturday and sunday, although I can't vouch for the niceness of any of the campsites in Hastings (Mynci?).
If people wish to camp then this is good, some of us will be around saturday afternoon, and most of us available for a little bit of the firey drug in the evening.

Forgetting saturday for the momant, we need times for sunday. This is where I'm stuck, I need your input. What time do you kids want to start?
I was thinking people could mosey on down between 1-2 or 3ish confused
Earlier or later is good. Whatever. Most of us kids don't work sundays.

Where to spin? Alexandra park, inside the main entrance. A bus goes right there I think, from the station.
We're no longer alowed to fire spin inside the park (silly rangers) so now when it gets darkish we womble on down to the beach, where we spin instead.
(although I think poooooossibly cliff place would be nicer if people are wanting to take pictures/film. We shall see..)

I think I've mentioned everything?
Ah, and to some silly silly people who asked me where Hastings was at PLAY tongue here we are

Non-Https Image Link

No doubt I've forgotten something..

Oo ah, shameless plugging

Hastings Spin is growing, there are spinners popping up everywhere here (me and LtC found 3 on the beach yesterday) and to have a larger meet (i.e more than 2 dozen people) would be a great way to promote what we are doing as it would gain more interest.
That and I want to see all you lovely people again..
As soon as I've finished this thread I'm moseying over www.unscene.co.uk, to do more plugging, tis a website for mostly Hastings based youths (where I write my journals) where I shall go to theHastings Spin forum and invite some of the nice kids from my end who have been interested in the whole spinny thing, just never had the courage/been bothered to come down to a meet before.

Hopefully this should be sucessfull smile

PM me for my mobile number or email me(fluffyrainbows at the hotmail thing.com) should you need um...things.

yis..I think that is all smile

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
hmm, clappham or hastings, clappham or hastings............. confused biggrin

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Hastings Hastings Hastings!

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
Written by: el ginger 1

blu if you read this it will be along the same lines as the 1 we did underneath galley hill on the bank holiday weekend weavesmiley

Why didn't I pop down. its less than 1/2hr walk from where I live. Oh I remember I'm a nerd...

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
even more reason to come to this one colin are you at lcm on saturday
do you have any glo cj balls juggle

i dont get paid to belive i get paid to destroy things

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
yep, just got a call from Rag. I could get hold of some aerotechs...I don't really do toss juggling at LCM. but I could make an exception. lumious fish clubs with be there as with the usual acrylics.

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
[Why didn't I pop down. its less than 1/2hr walk from where I live. Oh I remember I'm a nerd...

well you'll have to come to the next 1 wont you

ill be at lcm on sat so will come and track you down
EDITED_BY: el ginger 1 (1125654477)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
umm

Have you ever met Polarity?

He is a hippy nerd.
He goes to loads of spinning meetings.

tongue

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ah, tis confirmed!
I will be there with some Britonian spinners in tow. Will be making a weekend out of camping in hastings (fri-Sunday night)so the spinning is a bonus!

So Shaun, 3/5 of us are up for the friday night thing too, is the campsite you recommended earlier in this thread the best bet? (We'll taxi it from the station and to wherever)

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
errmmmmm........

possible problem with 3 of the soton massive - ie. pyroflow rolleyes

just found out we have gig that weekend that we cant miss frown

the word is............. arse me finx confused

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
*shakes fist*

what day?
can't you even make it for a little bit?

*puppy dog eyes*

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
will find out this weekend Aimz, leave it with me cool

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
wicked stuff i would say so the best person to talk to is lee he stayed there first time i meet him

3/5 people excellent party wont be as big as the beach 1 but still itill be a gooden

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
just a thought for sunday if there is going to be a fair few people
attending then would beer and bbq b a good idea on the beach in the evening. and may be a fire.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
beer sounds a good idea at any time of day.

smile

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Me and Ed bumped into a guy outside the pier yesterday was going to bring some wood down for a bonfire for todays spin, if he turns up hopefully we can get him to bring it again for the 11th.

smile

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
sorry I had to give it a miss today I ended up doing take down at the lcm so didn't get to bed till 9:00am. and didn't get home till 5pm. Next week is deffo.

Aimee and Ed, Orage and Soph said your welcome to lcm anytime, they really like you guys. Hope you enjoyed your selves.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
bounce

I had a *fantastic* time, thank you so so much.
Ed said to me yesterday that he thought it was the best club he'd ever been too.
I was extremely pissed off about having to leave early frown

Before all the people started arriving and we were spinning on the balcony thing outside the UV room, I got into one of very very happy moments. I sat up against the railings, listening to the sound of the sea and Bob Marly 'no woman no cry', watching you contact juggle and Ed spin socks...just..I could have stayed there forever.
It's one of those momants that I can take myself back to in my head when I am sad, to make me happy again smile

I forsee many visits to the end of the pier in the future. Thank you Colin hug

Anyhoo, any word on pyroflow making an appearance this weekend. We had mega fun this sunday, and I expect next week will be much of the same smile

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
Written by: University Can Offer Future

Squaredge.. what? you feel like 3.1415972? umm.

i dont feel it, i dreamed that i was pi instead of 20, which is pretty cool. i like pi. being three again would suck though.

yesterday was the best spin in aaaages, even if i was uber lazy for much of it. flowers, yay! i'm going to go and play with anti-spin in a minute, *shakes fist at ed* i will master it!

next week will be brilliant too smile sorry i wasn't around to do big sorting of everything, but now there are things i can do...

mike has a gazebo but it's bloody heavy and might get in the way a bit once we move to the beach..

wood - we can sort wood out, that shouldnt be a problem.

paraffin - (oooh i must interrupt, the post just arrived and i've just got my first birthday card of the year smile) - anyway, paraffin..are we bringing our own, or does everyone want to chuck some money in and send someone on a mission to fetch it?

bbq - got a few in the shed, we'll try not to set the park on fire this time! morrisons is just across the way, so food will be on hand. do we want one in the afternoon and then tea in the pig, or picnic in the afternoon and then bbq on the beach in the evening?

aimee, do we know if penny and marc are coming? have they been informed? i'll give zoe a text.

someone remind me to bring my little paraffin lamp lighty thingy, we can (finally) try it out..

ubbrollsmile yay..i'm excited..it'll be super kinds of fun!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ok so - im coming, will be down friday night / sat morning, going home sunday afternoon / evening smile

2bags is up for it, yet to speak to the hobbit but we shall see him this eve...........

**let bouncing commence**

biggrin

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
right, so theres the party friday night, then we must organise a spin thing for saturday (most of us work saturday so oh noes! you might have to entertain yourselves for some of the day...don't worry, we have smugglers caves and slot machines and crazy golf and you can steal my bingo membership card, theres lots to do!) then the whole kaboodle on sunday.

i propose this: fun things on saturday, including penny slots..then meet us from work, we can spin anmd/or play more penny slots (i love them) and maybe ghost squad too..maybe some drinking (revolver!) and dancing and things...
then on sunday we'll begin the spin at midday, have some kind of food in the park, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, teach me some pretty things, more spinning, darkness, to the beach! and/or pig depending on what people want to do for food/drink..pig is next to beach...then fire, more fire and some extra fire. and then home. at some point we will wave goodbye to strugz et al.

plan?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I keep getting completely thrown everytime you say pig.

"and/or pig depending on what people want to do for food/drink..pig is next to beach..." umm

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
The Pig in Paradise.

Its a pub

saying pig is easier

da?

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
shaun i wanna see that vid too biggrin

and strugz do you really have to bring the hobbit he's not essential is he.

should be up for the whole weekend if mynci is still cool to give me lift from his house to hastings and from hastings to pompey beerchug

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
sorry, i forget people don't live here.
it is a pub, it does food, it is also conveniently located next to the place we spin on the beach...so we often stop off there between park and beach for some refreshment and food..
last night they'd shut the kitchen BOOO HIIISSSS so if anyone wants to eat in there we should ensure we get there before 6.30..otherwise you'll be stuck with chips and pitta (oh noes! not my current favouritest snack in the world!)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
on sunday we shall all wear our spin t-shirts.

this makes us cool, naturally

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
plan plan plan

friday - party, ask shaun.

saturday - meet 6pm outside the odeon cinema in hastings town centre. from there we will go to a pub, where we can all make friends and be nice to each other. probably some spinning too.

sunday - alexandra park, hastings. just inside the main entrance (the only entrance on a roundabout, can't miss it). 12 noon onwards. spinning and eating (please bring picnic/bbq food, as i've said morrisons is just over the road so you can pop over there to acquire some). fire on the beach.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Thanks for clearing that all up.

"and strugz do you really have to bring the hobbit he's not essential is he."

ubblol ubblol ubblol

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
score.
I love the organisation lady smile hug

6pm? I finish work at 2, can be anywhere in Hastings by 2.30 if people wish to spin, like the good host I am.

*nods*

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
well ill be in hastings all sat morning, afternoon smile

Will PM you my number Aimee, when i remember ubblol

cool

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
yayayaya

Page: