Forums > Social Discussion > Feature article interview subjects needed

Login/Join to Participate

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Hi, I have recently enrolled myself as a journalist for a school newspaper, as a feature article writer, my first subject for this job i decided would be on fire twirling and art forms of the sort,

Now what I need is anybody who would like to be quoted in this article to write to this post or PM me, with anythign you would like to say on the matter, I.E past experiences, thrills you get, what you get out of spinning, your ideal situation for a good session, what ever tickles your fancy, I will personally PM anyone with input and thank them greatly! Since i live in a remote town with no other fire spinners/fireartists around i have opted to ask you guys for quotes! Anything you have to say in terms of fire spinning and such would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
"I like to firetwirl for fun and profit."

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Hey More plz!! all quotes are appreciated greatly i really need them to finish this properly! Thanks guys!

6,978 posts

Posted:
Twirling is a art that statisfies the universal need to dance, and combines the appeal of flames. It lends well whatever background you have in body movemebt - a classical jazz dancer will likely firetwirl in a different, just as beautiful manner than someone with a martial arts background.

twirling is great way to spunks! angel2

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
The joy, for me, in twirling, goes beyond the flames. It is something that can bridge the gap between seemingly different people.
Properly done it is an exercise in respect, caution, and nature as well as physically and mentally. There are very few portable activities which fit all these criteria. I think that is part of what makes it so appealing and widespread.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
For me fire spinning is about enjoying the aquisition of new skills and the developement of them. The warmth (sorry didn't notice the pun till later) of the community is remarkable and creats a deep sense of involvement. Also, you get to spin fire and look hella cool!

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Its spiritual. Prehistoric people though that flames were some form of magic, we're continuing that idea only we're controlling the magic.

Its also a fantastic way of meeting people and breaking the ice at parties :P

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
It's great exercise, for your body and mind. The concentration required for difficult moves has to be maintained for the length of the burn. Also, if you dance and spin, then it exercises every muscle in your body. Plus it looks cool. Plus it smells cool. Plus I'm a pyro at heart. biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

6,978 posts

Posted:
actually i twirl to justify my presence on firetwirling websites as a platform to further my agenda of more llama jokes.

more i say!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I do it because I got bored of not pulling ubbangel

I think I do it because its the only time I feel comfortable performing to an audience. It may also be because its the only thing I'm half good at.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Good point, FRD. I normally hate having everyone watching me, but when I spin, I'm concentrating on the staff, not the crowd. A first for me. (Also the pulling point is good ubblol )

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Thank you all of you! It means a great deal that you people have taken an interest in contributing to my article! Though Im sorry to say not all quotes can be included, though i promise Atleast one from each of you will be. Im limited to a single page to put all my information. But regarldess I say thank you and bring on more quotes as I believe when it comes to opinions there is no such thing as enough! Thanks again and Like i said all will recieve a personal thankyou! This will do brilliantly for my first step into journalism!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
As a community based thing, I think spinning is a brilliant 'joiner'. Look at the variety of people that have posted in this thread alone:
We have a student, getting into journalism
we have a few uni students
a professional fire artist
a pre-trade electrician.

Some of the other people about the place include high school teachers, a doctor or two, call centre workers, as seen, plenty of students, geeks, hippies, gippies (not sure how that one works). There are people on here that i've never met, never really directly talked to, probably never will meet, but who's opinions, thoughts and ideas have helped me more than most people i see day-to-day.

It's a massively multinational, multicultural meeting ground, and (possibly) due to the fact it's a fairly minority-sort of thing (not many spinners about the place), its a lovely, close, warm, loving place to hang out.

Spinning, for me, is all about having fun. Sure, i like to show off a bit, but i'm also always offering to teach people how to do it themselves. it can be a slow, relaxing dance in the sun, it can be fire with a drumming circle at night, it can be going nuts with some glowsticks at a rave. There's so many paths to go down, whether you want to be uber technical, ultra smooth, spend more time with them wrapped around you than not, or whether you're one of the crazy deliberate tangle people, and many combinations of the above.

cliche's aside, spinning really is what you want it to be.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie