i am *not* a woman.
:flutters eyelids:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i havent read this entire thread either, but heres my penny's worth:

lack of post whoring is good. but it takes away my amusement of "who on earth are they? woah! they have more posts than me and theyve been here a quarter of the time i have been!" (gotta amuse myself somehow!)

but Im not so sure about getting rid of memeber counts. I like to know who is new and who I am yet to get to know and that sort of stuff. The whole welcome the newbie thing. (not that I am around to do much of this. so perhaps this doesnt count too much. but for a while at least, newbies need bit of leeway.)

but on another note, has anyone found it amusing as to who have actually been complaining about this change?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

HeadSwimGOLD Member
...curiously lost
580 posts

Posted:
Hello all biggrin

Just to add my thoughts....

I have been registered on HoP since mid 03 but have been away/not posted much since my initial registration until approx mid 05. The reason for me losing interest initially was due to me not getting to know many folks as there were no real chat type threads. I felt (and still do) that I cannot really contribute to technical discussion's very much as the lingo confuses the cr@p out of me AND despite doing searches (as apposed to manually scrolling through countless forum pages which I don't have time for) I still seem to just post up stuff that’s been discussed before and told to "do a search" and get my thread locked or deleted.

Personally I didn't notice my post count was missing till I saw this thread and I do mostly post in the social section though I look at the whole site. I post mostly in the social section because I AM still a newbie and don’t know many people and the social forums are great for that and surely its their point?

I don’t see the issue of just avoiding/not reading a thread that you don't like/have any interest in and its nice to be able to talk to people who share a common interest without having to discuss it solely. What difference does it make as long as "spamming" is strictly kept in the social forum. If you want more serious conversation why not use the Social Discussion forum and have this heavily moderated?

I love Poi spinning as a whole and this site is a big part of my poi life as I don’t know any local spinners. I don't see the problem with devoting an area of the site to craziness in whatever form it takes - I mean you laugh and joke around with your mates and talk crap while spinning with them right?

Anyways just my opinion so don’t take it to heart etc etc........

Laters weavesmiley

p.s. My one slight annoyance with the site is the search function.....maybe I'm using it wrong but it hardly ever seems to give me decent reliable results.

Nothing is easy.......until you can do it! biggrin

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
yeah, i'm pretty dodgy at searches too. sometimes i'll know exactly what i'm looking for, type in the exact title, and it won't come up. there's a post somewhere by polarity which had some really good tips for doing sucessful searches.

unfortunately, whenever i try to find this post, i fail.....cos i can't do searches.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
for all those missing the post count as a way of spotting new faces just glance at their title if they have changed it then the have been knocking round a bit if its newbi or member then they is new (or lazy)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I got bored...

Non-Https Image Link

Im actually glad to see im not number one, and still have many many posts to go ubbrollsmile

Interesting (?) to see there are about 2000 posts between each of the top 4 people, and that Pounce is still fifth even though she hasnt posted for aaaages!! eek

Oh yeah, and before I forget... BUMP! tongue

If the picture is too big, tell me and I will link it instead

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i'm quite suprised at the number of posts i've made - seems like more wink

and right now, i have *exactly* the same number of posts as dunc! biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
redface

Oh god.

I am also surprised by the number of posts I've made - it should be less wink

Getting to the other side smile

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
goodness! didn't expect to even be on there! redface

interesting.. though you're on holidays jon! ubblol this strikes me more as student activity tongue

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
FRD scares me - he hasn't posted in ages AND he joined after me! ubblol

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

FRD scares me - he hasn't posted in ages AND he joined after me! ubblol

me too, i swear in the first year i was a member but didnt post he must've gone INSANE to get up to 7000 posts. and i think i'm a forum addict........i really dont understand how you can get your count that high.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

i really dont understand how you can get your count that high.

Intro threads and chat - can we have a new counting system based on quality not quantity? wink ubbangel

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

TotalEclipseGOLD Member
120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

If the picture is too big, tell me and I will link it instead

The picture is too big. I think you should link to it instead rolleyes ubbrollsmile

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
The only time i was semi conscious about racking up posts was to get rid of the 'Stranger' title in my name frown
But now that that's gone, It's not a big deal to me anymore smile

PS. Llamas are bigger than most garden-variety Benders

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
two months off Hop and I drop off the radar. yay!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
see what happens when i dont have internet at home for over a year...

*not to self... maintain ISP payments so that more time can be spent on entertaining UCOF so as he will not draw silly graphs with excel.
Maybe another random text message would have resolved this*

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Have you been working on that for a year UCOF? That's how old the thread is lol.

Written by: Sym

Intro threads and chat - can we have a new counting system based on quality not quantity? wink ubbangel

Yeh maybe u should program some sort of quality bot. Hrm....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Totaleclipse: nana You seem to be the only one saying its too big, and if waht you said was a joke, then you meant " wink " rather than " rolleyes " wink

And yes, I have been working on that for a year. Its a dynamic graph, so it will actually change shape as people post more over time ubbangel

Oh, and Mr the PK, if you didnt know, im in Australia right now and not using my english SIM card, so I wont get your message for a while frown

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
eek umm...ucof...you appear to have WAY too much time on your hands!! ubbloco

& i'm kinda glad i didn't make it onto the graph!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ooo off travelling!... bummer better not send messages.

Can i write on the back of a paper aeroplane and throw it out of the window? will it arrive do you think?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
depends on where you want it to arrive tongue

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
anyone else notice that when you open the user list it appears to start ordering by post count although its no longer displayed? (i say this cause Cantus is still at the top laugh3)

it also no longer in our individual profiles.

its a shame really, i like to giggle at how much time i waste here by wowsering at my postcount.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Page: