Page: ...
PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Is anyone watching Lost on Channel 4 at the moment, its looking so good, its only getting through the second episdoe and after looking at the webiste i can tell its gonna get so good!! The Whole thing seem,s full of conspiracy, hidden truths and history. and what is this creature on the island, all looks very cool so far!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
This is totally the kind of show I'd be sucked into. And then it turns out that the grand finale show sucks so badly I feel like I've wasted all of my time. Or it's just turns out to be nonsensical.

My past similar experiences of FANTASTIC series that have SERIOUSLY let me down include:
X-Files (Worst Finale Ever)
The Maxx (Brilliant cartoon except for the last episode)
The Prisoner (You know the last episode sucked)
Max Headroom (Old school show that they canceled before it got off the ground)
Aeon Flux (Every plot turns out to just be a stylistic vehicle to see a half naked anorexic chick do back flips.)

I'm not biting on this one. It looks fantastic but I've been bitten too many times. If it ends well, I'll buy the DVDs. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

Aeon Flux (Every plot turns out to just be a stylistic vehicle to see a half naked anorexic chick do back flips.)

Apart from the anorexic bit I fail to see what's wrong with this as the major premise for a series. It's genius! wink Far better than something like Banacek where the entire series existed only so that George Peppard could kiss beautiful young women!

I do agree with crap endings. I think with Lost I'm enjoying the characters more than a story that needs concluding (which is currently just 40 people stuck on a beach doing nothing much).

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
oooh good list nyc smile

can i add:

american gothic - absolutely kick arse series that got cancelled cos they seriously messed with scheduling around superbowl week so no-one watched it frown

babylon 5 - was forced to finish early then they were allowed to go back and finish it after all which just made everything mixed up. i would be seriously pissed if i were jms...

futurama - how in the hell did this masterpiece get cancelled?!!!??

that film 'city of angel' with nic cage in it - worst. ending. ever.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
lol FenixFyre if you dont like cliffhangers, dont watch the first season of Spooks.

back to lost, and i bought my copy from america about a week ago, i get it on the 6th of september when its released biggrin biggrin biggrin. also the writers of the show have already said all the predictions and ideas fans have come up with on the internet are so much better than their ideas lol. (ooooh and the writers do listen to the fans cos after the first 3 episodes everyone was hating the korean/japaese guy, so they made him do/say something so people would like him also....watch his flashback and you'll understand)

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
The other half normally only shows emotion when Essendon are losing (quite a lot right now), he was on his feet screaming "Nooooooo, don't do this to me!" at the end.

Made me laugh anyway.

Someone did point out that an island, a couple of hours out of Sydney, with polar bears; it's got to be the place where they brew Bundaberg rum

(non Australians will probably not get this reference, we're a bit insular here in Mackay.)

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
so who's watching series two then...?

its absolute genius (imho).

as good as the first series was, this one is sooooo much better devil

it absolutely blows every other serial drama/thriller on tv out of the water.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

JerryDSILVER Member
136 posts

Posted:
I'm still hooked. The second season has had one or two bum episodes, but overall still as addictive as ever.

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
love this show. there a few shows i refuse to miss

so what do you think-limbo, purgatory...

by always says "i think the fatguy is going to win"
drives me up the wall

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
mad DAMD.................. i just lost................... oh wait........ wrong threadredface

ooooops now i just made you all loose ubblol

roll on the 2nd of next nonth and YAY LOST

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i cant wait ubbloco

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
What with us lot at school downloading the episodes as they're aired in America, I have seen bits and bobs of it.

I'm still hooked on Scrubs and The OC, so I'm not showing any interest at the mo, but the guys here are on episode 19 of series 2, and apparently, you ony get more questions, and no answers.

Enjoy, fanboys. wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

pop_n_freshmember
48 posts

Posted:
is it back on yet? if i have missed the first episode im gonna cry, a bunch of mates started downloading the second series, but im a pureist, i will only watch them on tv, weekly.

Just call me Pop.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Surly the purist would download them ASAP?

umm

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its not on in the uk yet - i'm downloading from the us airings.

it is geek heaven with so many tempting cross-references its silly.

thinking about the 108 thing is my favourite daydream right now - the number 108 is the total of 'the numbers' and also happens to have all these connections and more beside...

i won't discuss any of the plot/ideas behiond lost here though since i personally hate spoliers, and that includes hints at what might be to come for those who haven't started season 2 yet... ubbangel

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

JerryDSILVER Member
136 posts

Posted:
You get some answers season 2, but yes there are more questions as well. I fear to mention any details as I am in the States and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
so many more questions and it wasn't on weds...so sad

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

JerryDSILVER Member
136 posts

Posted:
It's always depressing when they say "coming up on Lost" rather than "next week on Lost" during the upcoming previews.

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Yeah I hate when it says comming up instead of next week.... and its always at such an intense moment like last weeks ending shrug
*sigh* gotta keep waiting

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I just lost frown

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Possibly the greatest show ever created (maybe second only to new Battlestar and/or Firefly).

There is so much depth if you want to go hunting. John Locke (my favorite character) was a philosopher who believed that in a natural state, all men had equal rights to punish transgressors; to ensure fair judgment for all, governments were formed to better administer the laws. His concept contended that humans are born with a "blank slate" — a tabula rasa (also the title of the Season 1's third episode) — without any innate knowledge or experience, and their identity is therefore a product of their decisions and choices in life.

Then there's Roussou (french lady) who shares her name with Jean-Jacques Rousseau, who argued that man is born weak and ignorant, but virtuous nonetheless. He maintained that man becomes wicked only after society is developed. His theory of the Noble Savage hypothesised that a child raised in the wilderness, independent of human society and culture, would be an objectively superior person with regards to a universal set of ethics. Rousseau stated that "man is born free, but everywhere, he is in chains," and coined the phrase "all men are created equal."

***thanks to wikipedia for those - I'm not that smart***

There's just so much stuff in it to read in to.......or ignore and just enjoy the character development.

I'm up to date with Season 2 so shan't say anymore other than there are some fantastic developments, some chapters closed but more opened and certainly more to mull over.

Somewhere back in this thread someone asks about the possibility of them being in limbo/purgatory. This is the ONLY theory the creators have refuted. Everything else they say "No comment".So this theory (whilst potentially valid) would seem to be off the mark.

ALSO one of the creators JJ Abrams has directed Mission Impossible III (make your own judgement there biggrin) but has apparently hidden a reference to Lost somewhere in the film.

Sorry for the long post. Love this show as it has provided scares, touching moments, excitement, confusion, unpredictablility and many more emotions. GREAT teev IMO. ubbloco

help

RumpleSTmember
61 posts

Posted:
oh my god, just got into lost, started watching the first series at my mates house the other day, i HAD to go back last night to sit and watch it. I stayed up till 6 am.

It is so good, the indivdual storylines, developing all the time and constanly changing your initial judgements on the characters are just amazingly well done.

i have to say that locke is my favourite character, full of mystery and philosophy, he is very cool.

I am waiting to see when the korean woman will break out of her shell properly, if she does at all.

Amazing TV, i have to say i am totally hooked.

In the 3rd episode in season one, there is a song at the end, you know when the guy brings his kids dog back. Its called "wash away" by joe purdy and his other stuff is amazing. you can listen to all his stuff on his website in full, but you cant download it www.joepurdy.com

beautiful music, i recommend it if you are into that kind of stuff, its dead chilled out. peace

sorry about the rambling hehe, its just soo good.

Its a big ol mish mash!

10,530 posts

Posted:
I guess there is something a little original about killer puffs of black smoke...

umm

wink

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
The smoke ain't nearly as scary as the...mumblemumble..

wink ubblol

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

its not on in the uk yet - i'm downloading from the us airings.

ditto

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
ditto

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oh when oh when oh when will 5gb of Lost season 2 be downloaded?...

*yawn*

Its been aaaaaaaages

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
bounce wooooooooooooclap season two starts this coming tuesday clapbounce:

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ive seen up to 15 in season2, trying so hard to get the rest but its not working frown

what i have seen so far is great, never cried/laughed/got annoying and scared so much in my life!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
May I ask jsut where you guys are downloading series 2 from? I've seen episode 1, and am having to fight with myself not to watch episode 3.
can't fine a downloable/streaming version of 2 anywhere!

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
*cough cough isohunt.com cough*

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

Page: ...