Page:
ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
hello! pleased to make your acquaintence. i am ahhmay aka may.

it's an album of my life these days...

https://uk.tribe.net/template/pub%2CViewP...ows&r=10447

upon discovering this site, i have already gone to clapham, spitz, and going to play festival. so when you see an island gal spinning a staff round her bod, that might be me. i am looking to connect with some solid tribe out here. i am in london to stay. who are you? what's your legend? xoxoxox

ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
hey,welcome to HOP,will need a little more random info on yourself there. Im blu V,and i invented...uh....stuff...so I'm responsible for..uh...things

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
hello...welcome!!
Free love in exchange for random information on yourself.
Offer expires 06/08/05

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
hmmm...more random info about myself...

i lived in san francisco 9 years frequenting the underground circus fire cabaret scene, dancing tango, and burning the man before i moved to hong kong to teach bikram yoga (also known as hhhhhot yoga). i ended up developing a burlesque inspired clothing line with my friends and have been a designer for ARLEQUIN for the past three and a half years

(go to maopr.com in the fall 2004 and spring 2004 to see ARLEQUIN collections in full)

i just moved to london from a year of barcelona, and will be opening a shop up in february showcasing our corsetry, and lingerie clad accordionists. the idea is to have butterflies landing on your shoulder as you walk into our garden to shop for antique lingerie inspired clothing.

as for toy playing...
my forte is the staff, mainly contact staff. the only way to describe my style is for you to see and feel. movement is an essential part of my life.
i poi a bit as well, but have only witnessed incredible contact poi;ers hoping they will teach me some tricks. i admit i have had some warped baton experience when i was eight years old, and some of the freaky stuff stayed with me throughout the years. i am just glad i found the most incredible way to revive my once incognito sport....set em on fire and put a bit of tribal flair into the modern dance moves and voile!!

the groups in san francisco i performed with are as follows...
elcirco.org
mysticfamilycircus.com
infinitekaos.com

i have barley started to meet the uk object manipulator circuit, but only because i began my search last week. thankfully you guys have so much going on, it was easy to find you. so...

when can you play and where!!

hope that bit of info was more informative...

if you want to try the hhhhhot yoga check out
www.bikramyoga.co.uk

hope to hear from you

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
things that tickle my fancy...

fin de siècle, belle epoch, tango, champangne, elongation, making out, clementines, the color gold, furry, my garden, caberet, art noveau, erte, rhinestorne bindis, taking care of my friends and neighbors...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Making out's always a good one...

Welcome to HoP!!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello, welcome to HoP!!!

wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
helloo welcome

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
heylo, i will be a londonite soon, a new one at that, and am another contracty stick person.
will meet you at play,
will be most probibly easy to see me that is shortish faiding out red hair,
would be cool to find more people to spin with in london

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
when you come to london will you go to spitz?? if you are a contacty staff person, i will definitely find you. really looking forward to freak out at playfest with you guys...

pm me to let me know whe you will spin around in london!

kiss

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by ahhmay

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by ahhmay

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
i might go to spitz, what where when, i should search but that means more typing.
i wont be in london its self i will be in egham for uni, but makeing frequent trips to london, for many reasons, so will be there to spin at some points

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
ok so yoga and contact staff, that sounds like a really quite awesome mix!!

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

atmanewbie
8 posts

Posted:
getting ready for PLAY!!!!!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hello!!

Welcome to HoP!!

Someone's a pretty lady... wink

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
thanks, darling

atmanewbie
8 posts

Posted:
so, i need to learn staff tricks. i have been practicing in my garden.

last year i constructed an art installation in the desert of burningman. i created a simulated vortex point with a stone kern at every hour point in a large circle...at the point the full moon and full sun were parallel (5:20 in the morning of full moon) many of us spun fire amidst the vast white sand until the sun was fully exposed and moon gone to rest. wow... i did that to celebrate the meeting of universal love energies, between sun and moon, man and earth,earth and sky, man and woman... especially my meeting with MAY (AHHMAY in HOP), my wife. She comes from San Francisco and she is a "daughter" of burning man, so i wanted to print my trace in her territory. By the way, i advise to anybody to go one time in life at burning man, this is the land of freedom...

anyway, look forward to meeting you all at play festival.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*wanders in, looks round*

Where's Will? He's really slipping recently....

Erm hi. Welcome to stuff. Help yourself to things. There are jars and pots of comestibles and combustibles plenty enough for all.

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Here i am, than sk for pointing out to me Fraggle

Hi Would you like some Spaghetti Bolognase and a massage?

Welcome to HoP bounce bounce2

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Gidg bounces in on her pogo stick ... boing ... boing ... boing ...

Welcome to HoP!

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
Hi Would you like some Spaghetti Bolognase and a massage?

yes, and yes please.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Watch out for william. He has a brick you know....

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Just cos someone said yes finally about my offer you have to tell them about the brick

Its ok dont worry, the brick is for male use only

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hello!

I saw you spin at Spitz the other night.

You're very good!

Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
I dont remember seeing her frown

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
She's been at clapham whilst you were there too Will. You really are slipping...

Meh

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
so i am amazed that you are kind enough to stop by my intro thread and say hello. please help yourself to a tunnocks chocolate mallow on my cakestand. (my latest obsession).

and if you know it is me when you see me...pretty please come up and say hello. hehe ubbloco ubblove

can someone explain the pirate fever going on in here...especially the people going toplay...am i gonna have to bring out my eyepatch?

p.s. pleasure playing with you at spitz and clapham even if i haven't put the alias to the face. someday hopefully!! heart wave wave wave

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I must say you are simply the most intereting individual I have ever had the pleasure to read about, care for a dry martini?

Hi-de-hi wave

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
humor me...i wanna know the lowdown re: "the brick"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Loves the circus is the "handsome" lad with a goatee that was most likely being amazingly good at contact juggling...

In future I shall say hello. In the past i didn't know who you were. Alarmingly pretty girl with sticks was who you were then.

The pirate obsession is cos HoPpers seem to love dressing up. And pirate costumes require precious little thought wink

Meh

Page: