Page:
The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
had the valour of spirit to get my tongue pierced last friday,you think in general that was a good idea?

why?

ooh, an intrestin discussion!yu,,y smile

never ever EVER, poke me with that thing.

just my little joke. As always.

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
Once again, please, please, please don't use mouthwash (Escpecially Listerine!!!!) I implore you......waaaay too harsh....

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
No offense to anyone who thinks otherwise but most piercings are discusting. Ears and maybe an eyebrow are alright but i just cant understand the attraction to jamming metal rods through your flesh. Ugh.

Dreads and Tats on the other hand.... biggrin

Kangaroo Island eh? I hear that place is really hopping!

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Tongue bars ubblove

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Fathom, isn't it kind of similar? Like with a piercing, you're getting 1 bar pushed through your skin, where it stays. Compare that to tatooing, where a needle is pushed millions of times through your skin and leaves behind a puddle of ink?

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
jamming metal rods through your flesh is fun..
watching other people have metal rods jammed through their flesh is fun too. i'm always the one who ends up holding peoples hands when they get something done.

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
Oi just go for it..... you will constantly wonder what it would have been like....
and yes hot, got mine done smile

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well i enjoy sticking pieces of metal through my face and other parts, love the tatts and dreads (One day they will be mine)
i want more, MORE i tell you biggrin ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
i like kissing a peirced tongue, but i dont like it aesthetically, sorry. shrug

You'll find me on the dance floor

LadayBRONZE Member
75 posts
Location: In UK for now, but born an lived in ZIMBABWE and S...

Posted:
I just got my second one done! Well about two hours ago actually! Have to say it's a bit more painful than the first. And when i got my first one done i went out to lunch after.... with my second i'm struggling to eat. But it's worth it in a few days!!!! Double fun smile

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: squarexedge

i'm always the one who ends up holding peoples hands when they get something done.

biggrin kiss

LycanthropeThe original drunk/stoned/vegetarian shapeshifter
209 posts

Posted:
omg im getting my done in month, when im 18 cause my parents don't like them. you can avoid chipping by getting the sort of jelly tipped bars, think there called koosh or something like taht

Written by: Skulduggery

Written by: Gayle......!

well i like them. Could be interesting in the bedroom???

I'm not sure I follow what you mean there Gayle ubbangel ubblol

maybe this will kick start your imagination
https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ssPageName=WDVW
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
yes they are as good as they look

Lycan:are you a citrus fruit?
Orange:no
Lycan:dam, i wanted to make citrus fruit pie.
*Lycan walks off completely unaware he has once again been outwitted by the intellectual orange*

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
Pahahahahh!
they look like that'd get in the way
yeh im hanging out till im 18, here come those tats!

-although i did go and get my tongue pierced even though my mum said no when i asked.... yeh it didnt go down to well with her as you could imagine
smile

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i now have 2 iccle banana type bar bells in two of my labrets = it looking like i have v labrets instead of the usual ones.... what this has to do with the tongue bar topic, hehehe well it goes back to the bedroom advatages. yes i am bitter i can't have my tongue done. lol (Although i will one day work out how it can be done)

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Yeah but the part that bugs me is when the metal STAYS in the skin. Tatoos are just artwork on the skin. I wouldn't like tatoos if they left the needles in after they were finished. But again thats IMO.
EDITED_BY: Fathom (1121399960)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fathom

Yeah but the part that bugs me is when the metal STAYS in the skin. Tatoos are just artwork on the skin. I wouldn't like tatoos if they left the needles in after they were finished. But again thats IMO.

piercings, the metal is put in and the skin heals around it. tattoos, the ink is put into the skin, and it heals around it.
difference? ok stupid question, but do you see my point?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I can see why people think pericings are disgusting when they are badly done and red/swollen/scarred/yucky.
If a piercing is done well its not disgusting...surely!?! I mean, you don't have to like it, i'm not bothered by people not liking my piercings but i don't really like it when people say they are disgusting! I think its a bit of an overreaction smile

If you look at the picture of me in my gallery with my chest piercings, all you can see is 12 small metal beads on the surface of my skin, you can't even see the holes, surely thats not disgusting! biggrin

ubbrollsmile

psy_pyromember
52 posts

Posted:
iv been wanting to get my tongue pirced for a while, this topic has help me understand more about it(thanks) ubbrollsmile i just gotta wait till after i get my other 2 tats done then ill get it..

thanks again

"if it wasnt for the last minute nothing would get done"
"inspiration comes from every experience of life"
"a life rich in soul is never tuneless"

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fathom

In my opinion, tattoos are worse.

A piercing can be taken out, any time, any place. A tattoo is permanent. you have to pay loads to get them removed, and it still leaves a scar bigger than piercings do.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
you get scars from both if you want to remove them.small tayoos are nice,huge ones are ugly.

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Okok when i said disgusting i was overreacting ooooops . What i should have said is that i dont find them attractive. And im really really sorry Star, but i definatly dont like surface piercingshug shrug . Dont know why. I'm pretty picky about tatoos as well, but to me there is a big difference between dying your skin and leaving metal jammed through it. All in all im not a big fan of any kind of "body art?", just some tatoos can pull it off.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
this thread has only strengthend my want of either side of my tongue pierced. *le sigh*

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Sorry Fathom, i didn't mean to sound so stressy in that post, I was having a bad day! hug
I get a lot of people commenting on my piercings (about 50:50 like/dislike them) but i get some people who approach me just to tell me how horrible and disgusting they look. This really winds me up (I was always taught, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it atall). It means that whenever people say things like that it gets me ranting even if the comment isn't directed at me so sorry for ranting at you hug

I do understand why people don't like piercings and tattoos (there are a lot of piercings and tattoos out there that i really don't like!)

I took all my piercings out last night to see what i looked like and i felt so wierd. It wasn't me looking back from the mirror! I've had them in for so long it just felt wrong without them, so i quickly put them all back in so i could feel human again!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i know how you feel Amiee hug

i think its nice that not everyone likes piercings and tatts. there are some i don't like too and its what makes the world an interesting place hug

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I got my tounge done last year. For the first couple of months i hated it! I nearly passed out when i got it done and it hurt like a mofo. Although i expected it, everyone said "it wont hurt a bit".
I used diluted listerine when i first had it and it worked fine. I didnt dare use it undiluted. eek
Now i dont mind it. I click it against my teeth when im pissed off but mostly im out of the clicking habit, ive chipped my front teeth which annoyed me immensly. I poke it out when im thinking too which peeps laugh at me for. redface
I can understand why peeps dont like it, tounge isnt the nicest place in the world. My friend used to randomly take it out and put it back in in public, which i think it a bit gross.
Otherwise i think they are cool, especially multi coloured/unusual bars. biggrin

FlameChildSILVER Member
Pyromantic
136 posts
Location: Norway (Way way up North, on the left side of Swed...

Posted:
Doesn't tounge-piercing increase the health-risk when breathing fire?
Getting the toxin into the bloodstream easier and stuff..

-= I am the god of Hell-fire =-
-= And I bring you......fire =-

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:

found this for some general info on piercing
click me

Are you up for it?
wink;)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Probably does make breathing more dangerous say once a guy who ate fire by lighting his tounge bar with a mini wick on it but whens fire breathing not dangerous?

Star you did have to mention those surface piercings didnt you? Mmm so beautiful a piecing at standard size does have the advantage over a tat that if you change your mind you can take it out, so they are well not be missed out on even if its just to "try it out" unlike tattoo,

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i'm not sure whether its fasion or the fact that its just more available now. when i pierced my middle labret 10 years ago there was no where in my town that did any piercing other than ears, then they were really expensive and are only just coming down in price. so i think its a mix of that which is the reason why more people are getting them done.

i'm stil gutted i can't have my tongue done, pierced or split frown but i will get all my piercings eventualy even if i have to do it myself

FlameChildSILVER Member
Pyromantic
136 posts
Location: Norway (Way way up North, on the left side of Swed...

Posted:
Creamy yellow og green discharge... yummy... :s

-= I am the god of Hell-fire =-
-= And I bring you......fire =-

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Okay, I clicked on a thread without reading what it was and all I read was
Written by: FlameChild

Creamy yellow og green discharge... yummy... :s

eek
I am *so* relieved it was a thread about piercings. ubblol

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Page: