• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Discussion > LONDON TERRORIST ATTACK- PLEASE CHECK IN IF YOU LIVE/ WORK IN LONDON

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...34567...11

faery em
BRONZE Member since May 2002

fae

Total posts: 259
Posted:just to say i've heard from alienfox, dromepixie & patrick (who's user name i can't remember), so they and i all all fine

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

Delete

SNOOPoi

SNOOPoi

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3380
Posted:that arabic says that the muslim community should be rejoicing because the Al Qaeda has got revenge on the British government for what they have done.

Really they have got revenge on british citizens for something that they brought on themselves! angry angry angry mad mad mad

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:I know that Tammy (blueglow) is still unaccounted for. I think this is the same tammy as Jem is worried about.

Could someone text me if they hear from her as i have to get offline in 10mins.

What about Dom and Glass? anyone heard from them?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:The royal london Hospital are saying that they have had over 180 casualties been brought to them. That is the main hospital that has been used today. They have allowed more than 1/2 those casualties go after treatment. They confirm 2 deaths and there are many seriously injured people still being treated. They have a mixture of injuries including burns, broken bones, and lacerations. They have few that are critical..... although what they mean by few I'm not sure.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Flynt
SILVER Member since May 2002

Flynt

Intrepid Penguin

Total posts: 5635
Posted:Hope you are all safe, love to you all in London. xoxoxxoxo

Please check in when you see this, It'd be good for those of us over the other side of the world who are worrying. Bovrilmonkeypants, that means you matey, and others too!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Delete

Wild Child
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

Wild Child

Star Trekker

Total posts: 1733
Posted:Hey guys - sod's law this is one of my days for a London meeting...

Glad to see the list of HoPpers accounted for is growing but for people worried about non-HoPpers and unable to get hold of them I offer you this, the proportion of people actually injured or worse is so very small that you MUST assume at this stage they are OK and just not contactable.

Don't let yourself fear the worst, and don't clog up the already overloaded phone system with futile calls to them or anyone else - you could be blocking them trying to get hold of you......

In some ways it's easier being in it - I know I'm OK!

Huge hugs to everyone grouphug

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Delete

SNOOPoi

SNOOPoi

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:there are 6 or 7 people in surgery..

one who had a cardiac arrest on the way out of the ambulance. my dad saw him get resuscitated.

THWACK!!!!

Delete

Skulduggery

Skulduggery

Posted:Good to hear you are ok babe..... see you at Falmouth hug

Delete

SNOOPoi

SNOOPoi

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Thanx for that Wild Child. I hadn't thought of it like that hug

must stop worrying!

THWACK!!!!

Delete

.:star:.
SILVER Member since Jan 2005

.:star:.

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1785
Posted:I've heard from my brother, so thats a relief.

I hope that everyone waiting to hear about friends and relatives gets good news grouphug

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:4 explosions have been confirmed.
3 on trains, 1 on the bus.

Delete

Helz Bellz
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

lovin' it...

Total posts: 2444
Posted:thanks skully for the updates - it's kinda hard to find info here. All the website seem to be down or just ridiculously slow.

grouphug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Delete

Boo_Bunny
BRONZE Member since Mar 2005

Boo_Bunny

Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy

Total posts: 933
Posted:Twelve killed in London blast

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Delete

Skulduggery

Skulduggery

Posted:Royal London now say they have treated 208 people. They have 15 in intensive care and still some in theatre. They report that there are no new fatalities. They are flying in people from essex and Hampshire to help with treatment.

St Mary's Hospital seem to be having people with more serious injuries and less of the walking wounded.

Other Hospitals are having walking wounded people buses in from the blast sites. They say that most of those are suffering from smoke inhalation and glass wounds.

Delete

Dr_Molly

Dr_Molly

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2354
Posted:Here's a full translation of the document claiming responsibility for the attack:

Written by:

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

"he who warns is excused"!? wtf!? mad

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:My sister is safe!

I thought she was out when she didn't answer her landline, but she was screening her calls as she has 200 scripts to read this week. The message I left on her answering machine was the first she'd heard of it, which I remember was also the case when the IRA bombed Docklands in 1996. I later heard that a suspect package had been found on Tottenham Court Road, which chilled me as it's a minutes walk from her flat.

We fell out with each other over something comparatively irrelevant nearly a year ago and hadn't spoken to each other since, so this has actually brought us back together. She's still trying to get in touch with her friends though frown

It's all going mad down here as I'm surrounded by military bases. I know at least the largest have been evacuated and there's no ferry services operating.

I've heard that most of my other friends and family who live in London are also safe, so my thoughts are with those who haven't had news of their loved ones yet. It's good to see the list of safe HoPpers growing, keep it coming.

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Skulduggery

Skulduggery

Posted:London transport have issued this info

The exploded bus was a Number 30 from Hackney to Marble Arch.

Delete

ber seal

The Official London juggling ber spy. shh! dont tell any one

Total posts: 419
Posted:Just to let you know that I am fine and cool.

I woke up late, if not then I could have been near some of it.
thak god (if he is real?)

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

Delete

roarfire
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

roarfire

comfortably numb

Total posts: 2676
Posted:Post deleted by roarfire

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Delete

vanize
SILVER Member since Aug 2001

vanize

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3899
Posted:hug to all londoners and UKers out there. I'm glad to know most of you are safe, and I am confident the rest will report in healthy as soon as you can.

hug hug hug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Delete

Sir Nuggit

Sir Nuggit

....is a liability

Total posts: 899
Posted:Just had confirmation that my unit is on stand-by to assist eek we're waiting on the PM to meet with his staff to decide the role(s) of each of the uniformed services, and our unit was created to handle this kind of event!!!!

Relief only comes in knowing that my friends and family are all okay!

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:Written by:
This makes me burn with anger...this world has turned to sh*t and it's only going to get worse

when was it better? We just have better news now, so stuff gets reported as it happens. We've always had genocide, mass killings, terrorism etc, except today, i think anyway, things are actually better in terms of racism, sexism etc.

Delete

Delirium_Star

Delirium_Star

Total posts: 73
Posted:God It's scarey stuff I'm watching it on the TV. I hope everyone's ok and safe over there! Let's just hope there's no more to come.

+Delirium_57412+

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:Written by: Molly

"he who warns is excused"!? wtf!? mad

that is the biggest load of b****cks ive ever read - im with you there molly as eveyone else is im sure........ i just dont get it mad

thats just like a muderer saying to his victim........"im going to kill you" - "but i its ok, because as ive told you before hand im allowed"

confused censored mad censored mad confused

Are mind feckin drugs freely available in thier country or what!?!

confused censored mad censored mad confused

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Glåss
DIAMOND Member since Nov 2001

Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation

Total posts: 2523
Posted:Dom, Drew, Kyrian and mithi and everyone we know chexked in OK.
Just busy sewing poi

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:Written by: Flynt

Please check in when you see this, It'd be good for those of us over the other side of the world who are worrying. Bovrilmonkeypants, that means you matey, and others too!

This is Bovril, checking in. I'm 30 miles away from London so I'm fine and well away from everything.

Written by:

The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London
*snip*
We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain

Heroic? I can't think of anything more cowardly, and I certainly don't count planting bombs on civilian public transport as a military raid angry

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:Written by: Glss

Just busy sewing poi

typical bloody spinners! wink

gladto hear you and the crew are safe glass.......

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Skulduggery

Skulduggery

Posted:Good to hear Glass hug You keep on making poi...... thats just what the world needs. More lovely poi spinners! hug

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Come to think of it - some HoPers might know whether 2 non HoPer Londoner friends of mine are safe.

Guy: brown hair, wears a lot of neon and twirls fire staff.
Emma: blonde, wears a lot of pink and plays with contact ball.

I know that doesn't seem to narrow it down much but I'd doubt you'd forget meeting these two. They know each other very well and Emma mentioned she'd been to Spitalfields before so someone here might know them. If anyone has any news please let me know hug

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

vanize
SILVER Member since Aug 2001

vanize

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3899
Posted:anyone heard from tao star?

-v-