Page: ...
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I have a sneaky suspicion this has been taked about before...but i am on limited internet access around here so searching is impossible.

So which HoPpers are hooked up? I know there are a few.

And then there's the next question: how many of you are actually in different countries? ie; who's pulling a long distance? (HoPpers or others)

some of you know what i'm refering to (like Gita)...please don't rain on my parade. I am well aware of my own stupidity! biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Must be why you didn't know to not touch the sheets tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Does it count if I'm hooked up with a spinner-groupie? wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
*starts raving*

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I guess I'm half of HOP couple.. though he doesn't post regularly... and I don't wanna be known as partner of ******* so I'll leave it out.
But it is great to share something so awesome. (and for them to teach you!)

biggrin

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah... I'm a hooked up hopper and now i'm an engaged hopper and soon i'll be a married hopper...... *bounces around the room* bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Whee, congrats again mate smile hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

CaptainMoofishmember
27 posts

Posted:
I are married :O
He's not on HOP because he doesn't spin, but he wants to make an account anyway because he likes to sit here and read the threads with me. Silly boy, hee hee.

It used to be long-distance, as I was in Texas and he was in Edinburgh, but then I moved to Edinburgh and it was far out.

Congrats on thy engagement, you up there above me! xD

"I like LSD because it makes me think I'm good at art." - Dave

"Don't flap your lid at ME!!" - Craig

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
4 weeks 6 days 13 hours 28 minutes 22 seconds...
...and counting

ooooh...!! and official HoP congratulations, gita and paul...!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
thanks guys and girl!!! *squeeeeeeeeeeee*

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
 Written by: natasqi

I guess I'm half of HOP couple.. though he doesn't post regularly... and I don't wanna be known as partner of ******* so I'll leave it out.

biggrin

pfftt......he is rubbish. rolleyes

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

Written by: natasqi

biggrin

pfftt......he is rubbish. rolleyes

Well I have to talk him up in case he does visit don't I? :P

ubblove

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Im his biggest fan too.......

He has said he will wow me with his skills soon......havent seen him do fire since Spunout07.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Congrats to you Mr Gita and to your Mrs Gita!! wink hug bounce

When's the wedding?

Pogo - bet you're excited...!!!

I gets to see my boy for the first time in a month tomorrow. WOOOOOOO!!!!!! bounce ubblove bounce2

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

Im his biggest fan too.......

He has said he will wow me with his skills soon......havent seen him do fire since Spunout07.

I nearly haven't seen him spin EVER... Seriously... Once in a performance.. everything else has been jamming...

But we'l stop, we're dragging this thread offtopic

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: chellybean

Pogo - bet you're excited...!!!

chelly... I am soooo stoked... bounce and I am, as you could see, literally counting the days... hours... seconds... ubblove ubblove ubblove

I finally found a place to live... only 34 days till she arrives and I move back outta my mum's place on saturday... nothing like cutting it fine!! ubblol

YAY for you and your boy getting to see each other, once again, tomorrow...!!

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
I'm well chuffed for you! bounce hug

This living in different countries stuff sucks a bit, even though it is only 12(ish) hours travel for us to see each other... shrug

But nay mind. I think he's worth every second of it! ubblove biggrin

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Ooooh lots of good news in here!!

*Is happy for Gita and her Guy and Pogo and Fyrespirit and Chelly and Cantus*

Pogo, I haven't talked to you in ages!! Is your lady visiting or moving to Oz? (sorry, very uninformed me)

3 days till I see mine again biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Thanks Birgit and Chelly!!!

Chelly middle of next year everything going to plan.

And Birgit, Pogo's lady is just coming over for a visit to start with. I guess if she likes what she see than you just never know.... Hehehe

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
chelly: different countries sure does suck... and is more like 20ish hours for us... by plane... 10,000 miles... a mere heartbeat away and getting closer... (I'm allowed to be soppy, in here, right?)

birgit: what paul said... bek and brandi are here for the 3 month duration of their visas. and we're hoping to start preparations for he permanent residency while she's here.

and you're right... it has been a long time... did you continue with your writing (your non-day job writing, that is)? I found the couple things you did a while back, rather amusing... biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Three months, that's great!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everything to work just perfectly.

I'm too busy with the 2 day-jobs right now, but I've got a story in mind that involves a street musician I've once seen but didn't get the chance to speak to because I had to run to catch a train. I believe he must lead an interesting life, and I'm making one up for him smile It will of course also involve death and romance and other interesting things.

And I've bought a saxophone. She's called Cara.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You know, the distance has it's plusses and minuses.
(I am *such* a Libra)

The minuses are pretty obvious. That lack of physical touch, of gazing into eyes, of hearing voice and laughter undistorted. The sincerity and honesty that you can feel being in someones presence.

The bonusses. I don't feel bad when I go do something he wouldn't want to do, make seafood ( wink ) for dinner or just want to be alone.

I think that being apart comes with greater sacrifices but being together comes with greater compromises.

I think getting to know someone from a distance is great though, to be honest. You *have* talk and not just snog all the time! wink tongue

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

You know, the distance has it's plusses and minuses.

(I am *such* a Libra)

The minuses are pretty obvious. That lack of physical touch, of gazing into eyes, of hearing voice and laughter undistorted. The sincerity and honesty that you can feel being in someones presence.

The bonusses. I don't feel bad when I go do something he wouldn't want to do, make seafood ( wink )

She says talking about some one that worked in a seafish restaurant for a year rolleyes

The good thing that I find is that I have been a part of HoP for so long now that I had good foundations to build from, having been speak for so long away from HoP. I wish that I'd have spoken up before about my feelings 3 years ago, but then times were different.

Distance matters can be resolved, I wouldn't have the intentions that I did before as situations are greater in difference these days and so be for my better half too... but being able to talk for hours, is so much fun, less confusions and if I feel like being grumpy I can with out causing offence to Pele by having a long face, that some times I get.

I do like that there is a thread about this though biggrin makes me smile.

Congratulations to you both Paul and Gita... save me some cake though wink
EDITED_BY: PK_ (1192810678)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but I'd get that long face off ya right quick PK! tongue

I agree with the history too, the rapport built up through the boards and then even off over the course of time def helps too.

It's not quite like some random romance chat site. At least you know you have stuff in common at the start...well...you hope at least! wink

We have to be careful or Malcolm will charge a hook-up fee like those other sites do. wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Ah Pele, but you're a mod, surely you can just edit the text of the posts whenever Malcolm approaches with the fee wink

"hooked up? Huh? HOODED up, we're talking about poi in the rain, you must've misread that!"

(G.W. Dahlquist)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Well he can't charge those with no money wink .. cos I'll be spending all mine to go and spend quality time with a certain loved one.

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
thank you, birgit...!! hug I can't wait... well... I have to, but... well, I'm very bouncey, in anticipation...

bugga, re: the work... you always work too hard, which... it would have been rather hypocritical of me to say at one stage, but I've actually managed to cut out the after hours work.

if you're looking for a proof reader when you've finished, I'll put my hand up... smile

and YAY for the sax...! you know, I'd quite forgotten this, but... I starting playing the guitar when I was 12. I actually wanted to learn the sax, but mum couldn't afford one, so I started with the guitar, cos you can get one, so much cheaper.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... that's the thing about PhDs though, if you think about what you'd get if you were paid by the hour it would be something ridiculous like £3. But once it's finished I'll try and take all my holidays and not work too much extra!
I've promised myself to not play with the sax until the current (second-last!) PhD chapter is finished, which will hopefully be tomorrow. I'm very excited, I've wanted one for the last 2 or 3 years smile
That's her:
https://www.saxophones.co.uk/acatalog/sakkusualtoblack.html

(G.W. Dahlquist)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
That's one tasty looking sax. biggrin

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
good sax is hard to find... tongue

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
But now I'll have it every day! biggrin And yes, PK, she's a beauty smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Page: ...