Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
It will go from 9am until 10pm on 16th July 2005 and there will be workshops, games and a full show. It is going to be held at EPCHS in Ellesmere Port near Chester (CH65 7AQ on Capenhurst Lane). The cost will be £8 for the day including show. The space available not counting all the fields and playgrounds is 3 full sized basketball courts (with equipment and markings if you must have that game of vollyclub) and a large hall with sound system for the show. Class rooms in the area around the halls will be available for stalls for the people who don't want to set up outside. There will be a raffle for £1 a strip also there will be a tuck-shop, sandwiches and possible a BBQ available on site. Plus there is a chippie, sandwich shop and Safeway just 2 minute walk up the road and 5 banks, Sayers, Gregs, Asda, Dominoes, KFC and McDonalds just 10 minute walk up the road. If you want to run a workshop, be in the show or set up a stall at the convention or know who would like to please get in contact with me and I'm sure we can sort something out. I will release more details as they happen and I have quite a big surprise up my sleeve that I'll show you soon. I'll post pictures and posters for you to spread around soon. If you're thinking of coming just let me know and if you have any questions just E-mail me and I'll get right back to you.

EPCC Site

If you are coming and could run a Poi workshop for an hour or less please get in contact with me as your help would be amazing.

Bill.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Bill dude, you know I'm up for it... But whats the date?
It's Pete here, the guy who set up the chester meet.. Were you one of the diablo guys?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
I am the older of the diabolo two that brought that huge bag of tricks down and you showed me the fire staff, I've added the date in the first post, and it seems to have lost itself as I've posted it around. Could you or anyone you know do a little Poi workshop? Also spread the word to the people in Chester if you could. Thanks for pointing that out and the enthusiasm

Bill.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Will do.. 16th july... hmmm wanna go to [Old link] after? And don't I know you from somewhere else, before?

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Do you know anyone who would do the workshop?
I was thinking the same thing, did you play 40k? What is Falmouth 4? I want to get in as may festivals as possible in though so once I know what it’s like I’ll probably go.

Bill.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Have a look... Falmouth is an unofficial festival, but featuring spinners and jugglers and staffers and diabloers from around the world! well mostly Britain... Check out the link I posted above, and search for falmouth pics and videos on this site. i missed the last one, but this one will be even better!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I would do the workshop, just for the basics, as I'm local... And yes I did play 40k!

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Thanks I only wanted a basic one, whats your name so I can put it on the site and do you have a little video I could link to?

Bill.
PS I must of seen you in Games Workshop then.

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
The Poi workshop is now on for sure; I confirmed it yesterday. Could anyone do a contact juggling workshop as the guy I was talking to doesn't think he can make it now and I wouldn't like to cancel a workshop. Also there will be a small amount of crash space at my house on a first come first served basis.

Bill.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Dont know mate, post the question in Social, and see what turns up...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I might be able to make this on Saturday, if so I could help out with a short workshop on anything basic to advanced but won't be able to confirm until tonight/tomorrow.

If you're looking for good spinny festivals to go to, try HERE it's gonna be awesome smile

Falmouth is a brilliant informal, friendly, free event we started last year on Maenporth Beach in Falmouth, with cheap camping nearby. It seems to be growing by the day and has now grown to huge proportions!

There's some awesome spinners coming to this one too so if you get the chance go down, you'll enjoy it for sure!

ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

I might be able to make this on Saturday, if so I could help out with a short workshop on anything basic to advanced but won't be able to confirm until tonight/tomorrow.

Do you mean a contact juggling workshop? If you could that would be great.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yeah... Go to PLAY too!

Bill, I'll do a workshop, no probs... But, like I say, it'll be the basics...

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
All I need is a workshop and what you can do for most people at the convention wont be basic. So that'll be grand. I was just wondering what tye of workshop Dunc was thinking of doing as he didn't mention it.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
PM him and ask...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It was poi, I've sent you a mail now too smile

See you later today sometime

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
confused The convention is next month, you do know that don't you? If you do where will I see you?

Bill.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
On the thread title it says the 16/6/05 i thought you must have meant this Saturday not 16th July (06/07/05)

Still we had a good day driving around Ellesmere Port, went to my namesake village of Huxley and climbed Castle Beeston. Got a tan, found some video shooting spots, adventured around the shropshire countryside and generally enjyed ourselves! smile

Won't be able to make 16th July cuz we'll be in Edinburgh at uberpoi ubbrollsmile

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
I'm really sorry about that, I didn't notice the mistake in the title I just saw the July part in the actual message. I'm also sorry for anyone else who turned up a month early due to my typo.

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
I now have a poster about EPCC found here:
Non-Https Image Link

Could you please print it off and put it somewhere relivant as that would be a great help. Any juggling clubs, shops or conventions would be amazing.

Thanks Bill

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Poster with spelling mistake corrected so I'm sorry if you printed off the one with the mistake on it.

Non-Https Image Link

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I will now *bump* this thread so any Northern spinners up for a day out will come...

you will come...

you will...

And not for the workshop, as most of the spinners on HoP are better than me anyways biggrin

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
im coming smile and so is my juggly friend

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

Llama_Billnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
As you will know from checking the web site that the convention is this Saturday but I’m sorry to say that the contact juggling workshop is called off as Ryan has an offer for some real work so he has to miss the convention. If you could run the workshop then please get into contact with me and we’ll sort something out. If you are entering the renegade show then please send the music you are using so I can see if I already own it and whenever you need to bring it yourself also if you are entering the renegade it would be nice if you could just email me before hand so I can have an idea of numbers.