yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but i was going to make a new staff the other day then started thinking a bout different ways to wick it. i recon making a tassle type thing but longer out of thin rope wick on each end could look cool. ne1 done nething similar

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

SirEggomember
37 posts

Posted:
make sure your rope is a short one or you will tangel yourself in fire rope and thats not fun trust me.

where there are ashes from those burnt by flame
the phoenix rises again and again.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i flail to see the point

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol
just thought i'd try something different from what i normally do. got the idea from when i started spinning a bit of wood i found that had lot's of little branches and lots of leaves all at one end.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It works. I suppose it's a matter of taste. It's not so great for contact stuff, but for regular spinny spins it can be great.

One of my staves has loose wicks like that and I've played with diffirent lengths of chain on the ends and what not.

One thing you will find is that it will be much more difficult to change the planes of your spin (from vertical to horizontal ext) due to the extra momentum that loose ends will genrerate. So it will take a lot more muscle to pull the staff down from a helecopter into a weave, and having the loose ends can make trasnitions look a lot sloppier if you try to force them.

The other thing to be prepared for, and the longer the chain the more this will be an issue, is that just because you stop one end does *will not* mean that you have stopped the other. This may result in concussions, general head and nad trauma, and getting hit in places that you'd forgotten you owned.
It may also result in getting knocked out cold, as I have done with my three section more times than I really care to admit, lol.

Jesus helps me trick people.