Forums > Help! > Fire dancing at glastonbury?

Login/Join to Participate

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone
Its been a while since Ive been on the board but am glad to be back. yeehoo!
Anyhoo, I am off to Glastonbury for the first time this year! yay!
Ever since I came over to good ole england I wanted to fire dance round the stone circle. ubblove
Now I was wondering, whats the deal about bringing in fuel and stuff?
Is anyone allowed to light up and have a play or are there restrictions?
Forgive me if these are silly questions redface
thanks
kel

stay smilin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Clicky Clicky

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Short answer, no problems doing anything. I've done spinning and breathing at Glasto. The security only step in when someone responsible points out that someone isn't in a fit state to perform and won't take a hint.

I overslept and woke up 2 minutes after the tickets sold out. My handy ability of sleeping next to sound systems once again rendering my alarm clock useless.

I've been a load of times before though, and the friend I usually go with has moved to NZ, so it's time I gave someone else a shot at experiencing the awesomeness.

I only really went for the stone circle, and maybe the Glade if someone good was playing. For me the stone circle was the best part, doing fire while it's dark, and drumming in the daytime until it's too hot and time to get some kip in a hot tent (take some space blankets to stick over your tent to keep it from getting hot, and get one that can open both ends if possible!)

Anyway I got tickets for the Glade festival (same people who do the Glade at Glasto) so I get 3 nights of music I like, only no fire spinning frown

Is it ok if an unknown wierdo comes to Falmouth for his fire spinning and drumming fix?

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
certainly, falmouth is a free place, its a free beach, anyone is welcome. if youve got a drum your more than welcome biggrin i look foreward to meeting you there, if i dont see you at the glade first smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
Thanks Polarity biggrin
Sorry you didn't get any tickets.
I have heard alot about the Glade Festival it sounds awesome too!
As long as your with like minded folk I guess it doesn't really matter where you are aye.
Hope you have a awesome time at the Glade
kel

stay smilin