Forums > Social Chat > Reality Engine Ver. 1.01 (BS, OK?)

Login/Join to Participate

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
Ever get the feeling that this is the beta version of Reality(tm) !?I get it all the time ...When I die and go to heaven (I'll be in a lot of poo, believe me), I just have to ask the Almighty a few questions before he sends me off to burn for eternity (it's heaven, remember?).How come our reality doesn't allow for rotation at 90 degrees to an existing rotation ? I mean, the guys who did quake managed to figure out rotating objects ... what's up with this 'centrifugal force' nonsense anyway !!It all just smells of a rush job to me ... did they think we wouldn't notice the fact that we didn't fall off our bikes just because they were going forward !?The simple fact is that whatever version of Reality(tm) is running, it just doesn't know how to deal with a rotating object that is rotating at 90 degrees to itself!! ...At least not without involving a whole bunch of extraneous forces that affect the behaviour of the primary axis (centrifugal force) itself !We see upside down ...Colors are everything except themselves (red objects reflect red light, they are not actually red), and changing rotational planes requires massive energy input ...Somethings up here guys ... if enough of us complain maybe we can get something done ...Does anyone have a patch to update this version of Reality(tm) or is this going to be a Client Side Scenario (ie. I must just shut up and deal with it, ok ?)?[This message has been edited by Bish_the_Ding (edited 26 March 2001).]

Hasst du etwas zeit fuer mich?... Dan singe ich ein lied fuer dich ... -Bjork/Nena

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hehe - if you want to update your version of reality you can try out the Albert Hoffman Patch v.2kunfortunately, this patch expires after about 12 hours of use...however while running version 1.01 beta of Reality (tm) with the AH2k patch you will be able to do things with poi that are not possible in the standard Distro. winkJosh

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
One time !

Hasst du etwas zeit fuer mich?... Dan singe ich ein lied fuer dich ... -Bjork/Nena

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Trippers! smile