ed209Ed: geek, staffer, past participle
122 posts
Location: London, UK

Hi all,

This is mainly a question for anyone here from the UK. I'm new to fire staffs and have just last week bought one of my own.

I was wondering if you needed special permission to spin fire in open public places (parks etc.) and if so, who would you contact?

Anyone have any experience with this?



strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts
Location: Southampton - Possibly..., United Kingdom

No real permission needed Ed........ just be safe and have water / fire blanket, someone to spot you there biggrin

Gernerally police and coucils are ok as long as your being responsible and at least look like you know what you are doing.

If in doubt, from what ive just said, check these boards as there are many dicussions about spinning in public places round here.

Use the search function in the forum smile

Play safe dude weavesmiley

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Mags The JediGOLD Member
2,020 posts
Location: Cornwall, UK

What he said.

In Falmouth the council actually had to amend the legislation concerning fire on the beach, after two of the local coppers raised the issue of fire spinners. It was deemed that as the fire is not in contact with the beach it isn't a problem.

So we stopped spinning there.

Now we spin in the middle of town.

They love it.


"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

ed209Ed: geek, staffer, past participle
122 posts
Location: London, UK

Thanks for the advice guys. wink

HOP Newsletter
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...