Forums > Social Chat > Any South Aussies do Fringe/other festivals?

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey i was just wondering if anyone did any kind of performance for the fringe festival or the like? I'm interested in "getting out there" and doing some performances for festivals not just private parties.

Matt.

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
We all go out and spin casually for festivals and such things.
but paid work is a little different.

I just spin and juggle for fun ^^

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
No, as far as I know, no local fire performers have performed at the Fringe in years.

To perform at the fringe you need to have public liability insurance, and a good act. While there are a few bad acts the general standard is world class, with many of the buskers travelling from OS to be here for it. Its not a forum for kids to get up and muck around while throwing out a hat for sympathy change.

Flame Oz are an Australian fire troupe from Byron / Brisbane. They flew down to busk/perform at the last Fringe. I think their show rocked, and perhaps you should check out their website to get an idea of the kind of production quality fire acts have had at the fringe; https://www.flameoz.com/.
This should give you some idea of the quality you are 'putting yourself out there' with. If you want to do a show there, you need to get in contact with MrSpin, he's the guy that organises the main pitch at the Fringe, but I hope you will consider some of the things Ive said.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Thanks Pyro,

I want to perform at festivals [eventually] but i didn't make it clear that i was just interested in taking a look at what other people were doing. I didn't intend performing at any big festivals for quite some time. I would of really liked to see what Flame Oz put on show, i checked out there video on their web page and that rocked too!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ahhhhh ok - I thought you meant you wanted to perform at *this* Fringe!!

appologies for that!

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Happy to clear things up! biggrin