• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Those with Etch a Sketches, and faaaaar to much time to spare

Login/Join to Participate

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:They're cheats - you can rig an etch a sketch to let you draw with a normal mouse, which wouldn't make it anywhere near as difficult.

Still, it's impressive that they drew that without making any mistakes, even with a mouse.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

NOn

activist for HoPper liberation.

Total posts: 1643
Posted:how on earth do you rig an etch-a-sketch to a mouse?? they're not electronic....... umm

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Delete

JauntyJames
SILVER Member since Dec 2004

JauntyJames

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3533
Posted:i think mabey you make it electronic?

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Delete

NOn

activist for HoPper liberation.

Total posts: 1643
Posted:but the whole thing of etch-a-sketches is that they're not, they're just a bunch of little magnetic bits.....

...ok.... i suppose thinking about that, maybe you could somehow control magnetic things through the power of electricity.... but it still sounds incredibly complicated, and it wouldn't be proper etch-a-sketching...... eek

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:Have a read through this smile

Apparently they can record movements and play them back, so I retract my earlier statement of it being impressive that they could draw those without making mistakes.

EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1113078509)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

Pigeon_Wigeon
BRONZE Member since Dec 2004

Pigeon_Wigeon

Say what?

Total posts: 4760
Posted:smile Pretty...

Delete

Socks
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

Socks

Arf! Can I have a biscut?

Total posts: 288
Posted:I know of at least one artist who DOESN'T cheat. He'd buy the etch-a-sketches, do VERY patient dial twiddling, then when it was done he'd carefully unscrew the bottom, put some kind of fixing agent on the screen, and put the bottom back in.

So they're not ALL faked.

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

Delete

MissEgyptology
BRONZE Member since Feb 2005

MissEgyptology

officially expelled from BYU

Total posts: 195
Posted:I don't understand why my school's uber-mormon filtering system is blocking etch-a-sketch art. Geez-o mormon mafia alert....

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

Delete