Forums > Social Discussion > Random acts of kindness, life's poetry and sources of inspiration ...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
EDIT EDIT EDIT wink

well this beautiful thread started as one thing but since someone recently already invited you all to list those little thigns that make you happy i thought of something else i would love to read and share...

I was thinking actually i would love to hear stories about random acts of kindness you may have witnessed, or... you know ? those little poetic moments suspended in time that just "happen" and make you go WOW.

The other day i saw this old man, old and elegant man crooked and obviously suffering arthritis... a kid sat next to him on a bench with his mother and suddenly he started doing silly dance moves and winking at the kid to make the kid smile... i caught a milisecond of pain passing on his face, but really mainly it was pure joy, he was a kid himself again... thigns like that make me so happy it is nothing and it is everything...

everyday magic story anyone ? biggrin

shine on

cass

Hello beautiful people

Dear me! Things change so fast how many hoppers are we now ? wink

I was just thinking how i would love to hear what everyone loves and what makes you happy, little and big things in everyday life or on special occasions...

I hope you want to share some of your beauty and inspiration here smile

So ... let me start

I love melted goat cheese on toast

I love to firedance in the night and rain

I love to walk barefoot on various surfaces

I love to receive such a good massage that i am blissed out for hours and hours

I love it when my friends andclients feel like that about my treatment biggrin

I love when someone pushes my buttons unwillingly and i learn from them and afterwards manage to walk up to them and thank them

I love to watch movies with my leaninghousemates Flynt and Wench and joke about "bald, twelve year old" guys wink

I loved receiving the little prince in greek from shibaki two days ago (thanks tracy wink )

I love my Hop old friends and look forward to meeting some more soon when i come back to Europe, where the history comes from wink

I loved waking up at 5 am in Queensland and seeing a family of wild kangooroos (spel?) just a couple of hundred meters from me...

I love the buskers in the mall of melbourne

I love when someone runs their fingers in my hair and kisses my forehead

how about you ?

shine on

Cass

PS: to you all wonderful mods, I know i posted something like that a couple of years ago but i wanted to start something new here, i am not sure if you will let this be or cancel the thread but either way it is a good opportunity to tell you how much i love you my friends, Malcolm, Pele, Flash, Dom, Charles, Josh I miss you heaps and you are in my heart.

hug

EDITED_BY: Cassandra (1112446215)

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
I saw my daughter today rescueing some daffodils from a construction site she digged them carefully out and brought them to a safe nice place just because she thought they would destroy them ... I love my daughter ubblove

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Babajaga... I ... dunno what to say but somehow what your daughter did today i did some 25 years ago but it was in our garden and i thought the cactus would catch a cold because of the rain so i dug (dig => dug ? digged? dogged ? dang ... dong... anyway ...) i took them out of earth and brought them in... my mother was furious and made it known.... so i guess my point is, your daughter is indeed beautiful and she is very lucky to have a mother who can see the magic smile thanks this story made my day biggrin

more more more more more please? ubbrollsmile

shine on
cass

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
Cassandra hug .. hopefully that is not to sad.. as my father called me we should come to the hospital cos my mother was dying, I was alone with my daughter in the night and I did not know what to do cos I did not want to leave her alone so I called a friend I can always (for 11 years now) call if something is going on and he came immediatly to my house to care for her, he wanted to support me be with me but I told him watching for my daughter is more than enough and that I have to go through things alone infact I told him in the end we live alone and we die alone he gave me a hug I told him I dont know how long it takes, he said dont worry and I went to the hospital and was twelve hours with my mother til she died.. I came back and there was a chocolate, some biscuits, a jo!nt and a letter on my bed "Rike is in school she had breakfast with me let me know if there is something I can do and you are wrong you dont have to go through it alone" dont was several times underlined.

after several years deep friendship he was there for me I was there for him, I couldnt imagine that I fall in love( I mean romantically) cos I know him so well... we are now a couple and it is wonderful, we get to know so much more of each other... ubblove

sometimes happiness lays direct in front of you it just takes a while to see it

hug hug hug hug ,love and light for all

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
oooooOOOOooooo something else just as I posted this my daughter, she is 8, brought me a coffee she is soooooo lovely

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Me and my brother are usually at each others throats. We DO NOT get on at all.
But a few years ago, when i started to get depressed and didnt really know what was going on, i started crying because we had had an argument. Instead of telling me to shut up he came up to my room, sat down beside me and put his arm on my shoulder. We didnt say anything to each other. It was just that little gesture that made me feel better.

When it comes to things that make me happy its definatley moon bathing. I love staring up at the stars, wondering if ill see a shooting star... tis cool.

Flame SwirlWeilder of the P.E.T.S.O.C.K.
247 posts

Posted:
Things I love...

My brothers and sisters, I dont know what I would do without them. Both blood related and otherwise.
The rain after a long dry period, the smell, and the feeling as it falls on my face.
Hugs.
The first light after a storm.
The innocent and free happyness of a child.
The smell of a beautifull blossoming gum tree.
That feeling of awe and inspiration when I watch people twirl.
The joy of running through a forrest as fast as you can, weaving through the trees.
The awsome power of the sea, and playing in the waves.
Twirling fire on the beach with the waves lapping at my feet and the wind in my face.
Star gazeing.
Simply walking, not to or from, just walking.
The company of friends and friends to be.
The smile of a stranger as you walk by.
Dancing.
Skinnydipping.
The moon, water, and the earth.
Sleeping under the stars with a crakling campfire and someone to keep me company.
Making people happy.
Helping people.
The touch of the sun as it rises over the dance floor out in the middle of nowhere.

Simply living...

Oo, Oo!
Something that really touched me just recently...
I have been working in primary schools for a few years now and have been in many different schools. Just this year I got full time work at one of the schools, so I had to leave the others frown . Well a couple of weeks ago I was at Womad (World Music festival in Adelaide) and this little girl form one of the schools I was at early last year came running up to me and gave me a hug, and told me how much she and everyone else missed me. I was almost in tears, it was so beautifull.

Only I can fit a me shaped hole, without me in it there is something missing in this time. wink

Reality is mass beleif...

Feed me and I will grow, give me drink and I will die...

I'll lap at your heels, if you give me the chance. Though I won't fetch or stay, I surely will dance...

Enjoy, be happy, and don't forget to breathe...

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Firepoise

*havokist, you're a sweetheart - don't let yourself get all cynical and bitter in years to come*

hug

:in need of smiling graemlin with tears welling up so thankx will have to do:

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i love having the moment, that it is all the more precious since each vanish immediately wether you appreciate them or not.

i love lamp.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I was coming out of a tube station and I saw a homeless guy get given a bag of shopping from a random stranger who promptly vanished.

I hung around to see what his reaction was. He opened the bag and found chocolate, sandwiches, wash-stuff etc. He smiled and then shed a tear. I really wondered what was going on in his head..

I was choked to see that - it probably only cost a few quid to make that guy so happy too.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Flameswirl, yes yes yes children are such snuggly inspiration aren t they... sometimes grown up meet people they have missed and they just try too hard to sound casual when deep down they just want to jump on them and cover them in hugs and smiles and sya how much they missed them... biggrin

Faceless joker... this is truely inspiring... i hope you and your brother share more and more of those moments... i really do smile

Bender... i have tea, massage and smiles for you my dear, would you come to our humble leaning house one of these days ? miss u smile

Mark Mark... THANKS so much for sharing this story. It is so rare that people give without expecting in return, it is nothing monstruous, so very human... So often i have thought to be loving or giving without expecting and been proven wrong... i think this is something to remmeber to do in one form or another... just give smile

my heart is purring and inspired

may i have still some more ? wink

shine on, beautiful people
cass

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
readin these posts made my eyes get all teary and its hard to type....

Kangaroo Island eh? I hear that place is really hopping!

superxtcnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
I love the smell of freshly mowed grass, oh yeah bounce2 and locating the rainbow after a rain shower. ubblove

Old enough to know better
but young enough to do it again smile

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I just felt like bumping this up. We all need to be reminded of the beautiful things in life every now and again. hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i love sitting in the back garden in the winter/autumn time and seeing all the birds gather and then fly away together.

i love singing on stage and dancing. the vibe is wonderful and i love every minute of it

i love sitting on a beach at night alone and watching the sea pull in and out with all the stars out! its beautiful.

i love being around those i love and care about and who love me.

and i love falling asleep in the arms of that special guy.

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Hey, has anyone seen a colony of ants when all the scout ants (the ones with wings) leave all at once, and there are swallows waiting? At the end of last summer I saw that happen, and there was about a dozen sparrows diving in and out of the ants. Amazing to see.

I love rock scrambling (maybe someone noticed at Fal4, I dunno) especially when it's near the sea.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

xsammyxnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Im new , so hello..

What a beautiful thread!

I love

Lying on the beach stairing at the stars and getting momentarily scared by a moving sattelite

Spinning fire in the night in Newcastle (uk) Civic center gardens and learning new and exciting moves

Dancing like nobodys watching

Swimming in fresh water

Sleeping...I love sleep

Music, the rhythm, the tone, the melody the ability freqencies have to alter your mood and perception of things.

Jamming with people

Guitar.. I love my guitar...a faithful friend that is always there when I need her

good friends and good people

deep thought...

People who have the ability to open their eyes in a world that relies on us all being blind

Playing on stage and watching the energy flow amongst the crowd

Making people smile...not that fake smile we all put on from time to time but when you knwo you have truly brightened someones day

Being held by someone that loves you and recieving their warmth against your skin

Waking up in a new part of the world and seeing how others live...ocassionaly asking 'how has it come to this?'

Helping people see reach potential

Riding my bmx to nowhere , the feel of the air brushing past my face

Seeing a child happy, playfull and innocent

Silence...the world is so busy and so noisy its nice to hear nothing and be at one with myself

and finally...

I love living ...Although alot of the time I have no faith in the world as a whole I realised some time ago that I have the ability to be what I want to be, Live how I want to live and the things listed above give me reason for living.

hug

A wise man said to me one day listen up child dont turn away you cant afford to miss what I have to say
Do what you can to open your eyes to a world that relies on us all being blind any way

But dont be afraid...;o)

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
random acts of kindness huh??

i have one, how about a little french girl befriending a guy from houston on a webboard about spinning fire or something. They talk for about 4 yrs and poof the guy dissapears for about 2yrs or so. The little french frog had such an affect on him that he never forgot his separated at birth sister even though they only physically two times. She had such an affect that he looks for her again and chimes in on one of her posts about beautiful moments and actsof kindness (which only makes sense being she is a very beautiful and kind person herself)

that would be cool..

Andrew

(Superman)
EDITED_BY: Superman (1124852426)

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Superman... is andrew.. andy? am i right? how ... wow.

Waking up in the arms of someone special... holding them... just talking... drinking beer... smiling... walking under the stars... ok i'm in a romantic mood... anything is special if the right person is with you.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
I absolutely adore...

the colours made by the sound of my poi as they spin

looking at photos of fire atrs

martial arts training with my friends

my rather large collection of guitars especially when I'm playing one of them

arguing with one of my friends over the name of a new technique we've figured out

the RocSoc and LiveSoc crowds at St Andrews

cats

Randon act of kindness... I helped a hedgehog across the road the other day

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I love to kiss... haven't shared one in more than eternity (sigh)
I love to snuggle up... haven't shared an intimate hug in the same period.
I love to catch a smile... can't sell them, only pass them on.
I love to provoke a smile... daily exercise wink
I love to live...

(The title of this thread....)

I love to be in the present moment and do what is required (sometimes it's painful, but that's what it is). The other day I drive on my bike at night after a party and pass this couple on a scooter. They were not really driving straight and when passing I noticed her driving and him in the back (that itself doesn't mean too much...). Just after I passed I hear *crackongszing* and check my mirror - they were gone. So I stop and turn to look and sure enough they went into the ditch. No injuries, even the scooter was intact (except for the mirrors) - so I help them getting it out, attracting more bypassers to stop and join the effort.

Random acts of kindness make one feel good about her/himself and help to turn this world into a nice(r) place.

I love random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. bounce

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

4,224 posts

Posted:
Me too

hugs to you Fire tom smile

One thing that makes me most happy on earth is when I go and pee in some public bathroom (WAIT FOR IT !!! that's not it :P) and there is someone who is cleaning it, to take the time to thank them for their work because it is much appreciated but rarely recognized. Love the smiles (and sometimes perplexity) I see in their eyes.

Shine on
Cass

Page: