Forums > Social Chat > Lost the lust for life

Login/Join to Participate

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Well hi everyone.

It's all gone wrong.
I'm in a job I hate, nobody *nobody* values my opinion, i'm starting to feel ignored and frustrated.
In my job, i'm not very good at admin work, and my timekeeping sucks. I'm in a lot of trouble, but any efforts I make to improve are falling on deaf ears.
In my saturday job, teaching kids drama, I have been treated like a child by my boss and shouted at like I was 5. I'm planning to take over as boss, but I think she has told the head director a shitload of lies about me and I don't think I'll get it. Plus she's ripping me off, she said that 10 pound per child for their costumes is too much. She has taken 45 pound per kid. And i've had to miss falmouth for the show.

In my theatre group, there is a girl who fancies me, but I don't like her in that way, she's a mate, but all the others have been trying to get us together, EVEN THOUGH they know I have a girlfriend, but they don't like her very much.

Worst of all. My girlfriend wants to break up with me as well. She is havingtrouble at college and is trying to push me away as well. She doesn't love me any more, she says.

What in the name of god did I do wrong to deserve all this [censored]?
Where's Karma when you need it? I'm losing the will to live. It all just seems too hard for me to cope with. I just dont think I care any more. I dont feel anything any more. I'm just empty.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
God sweetie it sounds like everything is so hard for you at the moment!!

There will be another Falmouth so dont worry about that one too much...
Talk to your big boss about the experiences that you are having at work at the moment... perhaps they dont understand what you are experiencing... all I can say about your relationship is to pour your heart out to your girlfriend.. tell how much you care... tell her how important this is to you...

but matey never loose the will to be here... poeple on this site care too much about you to let you stay by yourself in pain... hug hug hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
big hug's to you mate

maybe nows the time to think abour what you want as well as what you have?

what do you want? and what do you have to do to get it?

can you improve your situation in work? turning up on time and not being tired in work count for alot. its almost impossible when your at the end of your rope though.

ever think about leaving and making a fresh start? thats the worse case but has a good outlook if your serious about it.

i dont know what your boss is like. can you talk to her?

same goes for your drama group. what do you have to do to fix its. if you cant fix it you should have a think about whats next. more drama groups? your own group?

im sorry to hear about your girlfriend flash. my heart goes out to you. i can tell you from experience though if she is under pressure of her own she might not be able to give you the support you need right now. give her space. nothing else you can do but show her your a good guy with ambition with the will power not to be beaten down. and like valura says. talk to her.

if you make good and nothing changes with your girl. at the very least you will be a better, stronger person.

its in your hands though flash. no one else can make the changes to improve the way you feel.

go for it.

more hugs

a

Love is the law.

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Loads and loads of hugs to you.
If you boss is making up lies about you, and you find out the details, you can probably get on to her for Slander or something else...i cant remember the name of it...will look it up and post it.
As for the girlfriend, tlak it out with her, saying that she doesnt love you anymore is cruel. I had it done to me. Speak the the people in your theatre class and spell it out to them that you DONT want to go out with this girl and they'll just ahve to accept it. Speak to someone about your bad job. Grab them by the collar and threaten them eith a rabid raccoon is necessary.
You need tot ell them you are entitled to your own opinion too, and if this business is going to work properly then they are defnately going to ahve to listen to all their employees. (however you spell it)
There will be more Falmouth's...lol
Stay strong for now - pm me if you need to...
I think your boss is a d**k
Sorry...lol
Luv,
The Moon Child

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
If you hang in there long enough, life rewards you from time to time, flash. Try to spend some time doing things you enjoy, even if they're little joys comparatively, and trust that they'll kinda add up.

And try to look for inspiration- somewhere near I'd recommend is pk's intro thread. smile

Pursuing other options, eat more fish (seratonin levels in your brain, without the withdrawal symptoms you might get with chocolate) and just get out there you know..

One thing at a time wink

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys...

Just what I needed, you made me feel better anyhoo!

hug

Thanks again, it's good to knowthere's some good people in the world...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
sent you a pm hug

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

duck875SILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
i know exactly how you feel. for the past 3 weeks its been "things couldnt get any worse" but they always seem to. just try to remember happiness is a frame of mind. Maybe its an astrological thing...anyone have any ideas?