spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
This is a question about the spell checker functionality on the site.

If I use the quick reply place at the bottom of each thread, there is a spell check botton that appears. This button seems to actually work.

However, if I reply to a post via the reply button at the top right of each post, I see no such spell check option. Is there a reason one does not exist?

I actually have never used the quick reply place at the bottom, so didn't even know the spell checker existed until someone mentioned it in another thread. I think it would be nice to have the spell checker in the other reply section as well. I know I'd use it if it was an option I actually saw.

Thankies. hug

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Good point! No idea why not. I'll add it to a list of things to look into.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I find it has a limited capacity when it comes to word count too. If I'm doing a longer post I have to copy and paste the text into the SpellCheck.net body of text window, and check the whole post that way.

The apply changes function doesn't appear to work either.

As an experiment I'm trying this post backwards, I'm typing it into the spell check body of text window and then I'll try to copy and paste it into the HOP window.

Seemed to work ok