[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Hello!

Summer is comming once again and we have jobs galore going in a lovely park outside Roma, in Italy!

We have 4 to 8 full time places to fill for circus and street performers of all types beggining in May/June and lasting till the end of August/September and maybe even further.

The company is called Zoomarine and both Will (hexagonic) and I enjoyed outrselves imensly last year working in thier Portugal site. This year they are opening a brand new park outside Roma and so you will be the first to perform there.

We are looking for performers with at least two skills in circus arts, who are enthusiastic and want to develop thier skills and experance.

Previous performance experance is desirable but not necessary as we will be training you and you will get lots of hands on experance very quickly.

This job would be idealy suited to peaple who are just begging to get into performance and want to broaden thier knowledge and skills. You dont have to be super duper uni tightrope 5 ball fire hurler, but if you are we would still love to hear from you.

Pay scales and hours are still to be negotiated, so we still have room for flexability, at the moment we are looking at around 800/1000 euro a month + accomodation.

The work consists of providing street entertainment aswell as pre-show wramup routeens for the main events. The main modus operandi is that of the clown, tho other charters such as statues, tv crews and grotesque tourists will also be deployed.

You dont have to be able to speak Italian, but you will have to provide as much costume as you can, and possibly public liability insurance, again this can be discussed.

If your intrested in this job, please PM me with a list of your skills or email nxfire(at)yahoo(dot)com. If you have any questions, feel free to post, as Im shure others will have the same questions.

This really is a great opertunity, come join us!

Thanks,

Tom wave juggle

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
tom i have two questions

1) would a preformer be able to come over and do like amonth with the company and leave?

and also

2) can you define what yuo mean by costume, you said it would be based around a clown style, does that mean clown suit, or what you would wear to do a show?

as for some this means custom costumes, like the lfame oz team, other this means jeans, and a shirt with the troupe logo on...

can it be cleared up what you are after

Step (el-nombrie)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sounds good!... if i have [censored] all job wise by the end of march dude, im coming and were negotiating saleries and living with you conditions, and your smell feet.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Mech - costume...pretty much anything as long as it covers up your ugly white skin, and is bright in colour. remember that kids will be looking at you and probably imagining a cartoon character as they do so, so bear that in mind. Also it'll be censored hot, so something that will let the breeze through. wink

If i was better a computers i would put up a picture on this thread of the threads wink we wore last year

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
If I can scrape enough money together I may head over to a festival called Sonica? Can't remember where abouts it is in location to Roma, bit definately sounds interesting. Or if my College is still running a Geology trip (FNF's right Geologists do do it in the dirt. XD) to Naples, it'll be even easier, but staying arrangements will need some working out.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oh my god - I'd sooo love this, but am on a major save for a round-the-world year leaving in September, and I don't think I can afford to leave my current job for this frown

Italy's my favourite country too...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hex you could email me some pics?!

pm me and ill send you my work email?

Step (el-nombrie)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
and if any one decides to come to this! or italy... i hope that you remember to come and stay with me near pisa.

unless nix does want to negotiate some what!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Oh my god. Im very very very interested Im about to wet myself. PM on its way!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Hey Mech

If you're going to be at Nottingham tomorrow I'll just show you the pics then!

If not i wil send them to you once i've scanned them in.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bring the pics tomorrow man

im bringing the clubs frmo passe passe so you and cole can have a look...

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
just a look...? frown

i wanna throw them! wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you cant throw them, they are special, they are white, and are to stay like that wink

anyways im going to play with them tonight on my new stilts biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Mech!

come to italy, you big goon!

T wave

-><- Kallisti

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i dont think that he can tom, unless he takes his good lady too!.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
can she juggle?

T wave

-><- Kallisti

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Hmm, it's tempting, what with me not having a job at the moment and all.
Not sure how much of a performer I am though.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
humm, look at will, civil servant to clown in one easy step, can you juggle bov?

T wave

-><- Kallisti

aerialnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I'd be interested...bluecat what do you think? i'll talk to you about it on monday.

oli

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, a bit - a mills mess is about my limit, working on burke's barrage at the moment, but that's taking a while.

It's not so much the skills (I'm sure I could pick up a fair bit quite fast if I practised more often) as the performing in front of people shyness I'd have to get over.
Maybe a baptism of fire would work pretty well.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: [Nx?

]
humm, look at will, civil servant to clown in one easy step

too true, Tom. I finished at civil service end of May, by end of June was out in portugal being a clown. Best career move i ever made the experience was amazing, it made me learn to juggle for others which is very important, as is a well timed drop!!

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
**BUMP**

we still have places to fill here, but want to have the team finalised by next weekend, so if your thinking about it, get in touch.

T wave

-><- Kallisti

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
im still thinking, sere dont mind that i go but defeats my purpose of living in italy if im 4 hours away from her.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
bov may not be a master juggler but he is king of balloon mastery: don't sell yourself short bov you will keep the kids happy for hours with your air-filled creations of wonder! (and he does them to order!):D

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
mmmm am looking forward to seeing the bov monkey in a clown suit!! I'm sure he/you'll do a great jobs with the balloons, it's always a kids favourite...

ah wah wah wah a wah wah