Forums > Social Chat > Worst Spinning Experiences

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
Aight, peoples. Here's something. I wanna know the worst stuff that's hapened to you. From beatin someone in the face on accident to beating ur nuts with the poi. Hell...if you've killed a horny gnome by stranglein him with the cord, tell me.

~Advice of the Day~

Don't be scared of the past that haunts you... Be scared of the guy in the tree that has nun-chakus... He'll kick your ass and i have the scars to prove it...

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Hello!

I have had a couple of pretty bad knocks and bruises not anything that drew blood.

I have, though, knocked myself so bad on the head/face with poi, staff, double staff that I have on several occasions pondered going to the hospital for fear that I had a concusion.

The staff loves to hit me smack in the middle of the head giving a no neck cartoon effect.

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Lol dromy

well the only really bad experience i had was that when i was giving a show of this in a nightclub umm the strings start to romp when i went from a between the leg move and i fast switched to a behind the back weave... i have odne this lot of times but noooooooooo that time i was like damn!!! nooooooooo
lucky me they unroped pretty easy.. but can you take in yer mind having that problem with LOTS of ppl watching you? heh e

Dance like if noone were watching you

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
ive melted my mates eyelids together...with fire chains.....its way too long to explain here so if you see me ask about it!

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
melted eyeslids........right......

Well, this is something some guys can relate to, but i can almost garentee not to this effect...

The other day, i was tryin out new stuff, so i tied two big rolls of pennies in the corner of two bandanas and started to swing it. It was goin alll good, but they wrapped around and BOTH hit my nuts ... I fell to the floor and crawled to my room and fell on the bed and passed out... Now getting kicked in the nuts is one thing, but a roll of pennies goin smack dab on it at the speed i was goin.,.....i thought i was gonna freakin die....

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
uh...just wanted to say i dunno why the hell it sent that twice.....

DRAGULAmember
70 posts

Posted:
i almost tore a hole into my head when it skinned
a crosse the skin, it left a big bloody, mark right acrosse my forehead while doin the
"Lepruachuan Jump"
/see the harder moves section in the poi moves link
And i had to have 17 stitches.

Are you okay?I don't Know.....I'm generally f***ed up so it's kinda hard to gauge-Rainbow Randolph

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Breaka, you can delete the excess post by going to the edit function.

Ive cut my head open with staffs doing a simple thing showing some kid, but the most painfull was a belt in the side of the knee, instant collaps and crawl round in agony.

The worst performance was during the day and i was trying too hard to inpress rather than play. just bounced my staff off my head a lot of time, dropping and swearing and burning myself.

but i did it again later and did one of the best performances ever, so its all ok

love

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
nearly ripped my eyebrow stud out once, caught a chain to the face, it tangled with my stud and tore it nearly a cm sideways... if it had of torn down, i wouldnt have a stud anymore....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
Thanx N

Damn...rippin out ur eyebrow, burning eyelids together... but u guys use fire..and i don't have the stuff for fire yet. Once i do, with my luck, i'll burn my nuts off.......

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
haha i was only using practice poi when i ripped my eyebrow open. Other fun things i have done: Near strangled myself using chain wuchu (thankfully not lit) and ripped my hands open on aforementioned chain. Near concussed myself, using wooden poi, and a stainless steel staff.... `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well, I have whomped myself in the nuts with a nine-section staff! Imagine if it was a lit poi? Ouch!

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
this one time, at burning man, I had just lit up, and someone spun some camp fuel onto my face (apparantly they didn't hear about spinning off BEFORE you light up) and I lit my whole face on fire right in front of a crowd of 30000 people. but they cheered. maybe not for me, there was like 500 spinners going at once, but nonetheless, they cheered. who needs nosehairs anyway.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Ive only really had one bad experience.

Id been spinning with two socks on either end of my staff to avoid everything getting sooty and so Id got used to the weight of it. When I then took them off my staff was going far faster than what I was used too. I somehow managed to hit the underside of my chin and since I had my tongue a little way out...

It almost got cut off but it was okay. ts incredible how fast the tongue heals, in about three days there was no mark at all.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

fizzlemember
15 posts

Posted:
ah while i was strangely drawn to reading all of the really disgutsting things you've done to yourselves i left my toast toastin away and nearly burned the kitchen down hehe
bloody fire

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
I like the way DRAGULA spells acrosse. reminds me of Lacrosse....

Malory Towers.....

Az abouve, So below...

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
NINE PEICE STAFF!!!!! FUCK!!!

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
mmmm. . . . fire lacrosse

[ 10 September 2002, 05:22: Message edited by: master sodium ]

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
Wow...some weird stories. They should have a bigass book of guiness spinnin records...hit balls most times...lost a tounge....burnt all hair off body....i'd buy it... or steal it

Did i mention i love you all? No? oh, well then nevermind...

VictoriaBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
well there was the second time I ever spun fire
I decided I'd make my own wicks using wire and towels
the first time I used kevlar wicks
I was in a park in Newmarket with some friends and some other people
so after spinning for around 15 or 20 minutes I was starting to get tired, and the flames were starting to die down, so last time when that happened I just spun them really fast and they went out....this time I tried that, and obviously the 2 pieces of wire I used were not enough and one of the towels flew out and almost hit some guy and his girlfriend, and he got really mad and started freaking out, then the grass caught on fire where the towel landed,
it was pretty scary, it was just a good thing I had a friend near by with a wet towel that was able to put it out relitively quickly.

DRAGULAmember
70 posts

Posted:
Fire lacrosse,
hmm...... now that soundz like an idea.

[ 10 September 2002, 09:40: Message edited by: DRAGULA ]

Are you okay?I don't Know.....I'm generally f***ed up so it's kinda hard to gauge-Rainbow Randolph

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Worst ever case senario. I was auditioning for a regular gig at a club with two other girls. We had a really cool routine worked out and it was all going brilliantly until Meggaty lost the grip on one of her (lit) firechains and it got stuck in the lighting rig settting it on fire and causing untold mayhem. Needless to say we didn't get hired

Are we nearly there yet?

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
Damn, these are gettin crazy...But let's have a contest...who has the WSEE (Worst Spinnin Experience Ever)... Everyone get yur stories together and we'll take a vote on the worst one after everyone got theirs in... Kapiech? Now, get thinkin, you crazy bastards.

Oh yea...Rule #1...
IF YOU INCURR INJURIES OPEN YOURSELF PURPOSELY TO WIN THIS, IT WILL NOT COUNT.....but then again, how the hell am i gonna know?

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I nutted my self on full spin with really hard poi

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

maxmember
24 posts

Posted:
I tried to make my own fire staff, and used linen stuff and square wire netting, somehow i managed to get one end caught on my shirt and now i've got a checkered scar on my forearm.
i did swear a bit!

An eye for an eye and the world is blind - Ghandi

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
So I have been spinning about 4 hours straight.
Im wearing UFOs and Im covered in sweat. Im in
complete control. Almost toying with the glowsticks. Moving in and out of thier path as
they whip around me, whistling and buzzing. All
of a sudden, something goes awfully wrong. Next thing I know, my little head is bruised, and swollen. "I burns!"

I smell something burning.

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
That sounds fun.
I was gettin it all sweet with the weave,
/backwards and forwards.
And i smacked myself in ballz.
i was wearin a pair of black sk8ter jeans and i couldn't tell i was bleedin'
When i saw i waz like, "what the F@#$" and i fainted
sowwy but i couldn't mentally handle it.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
ok....um.....i hit my nuts bad and passed out....but to make it bleed...i think we have a winner.........

shaixsinSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
When my boyfriend and I had just got together I was showing him my poi and did some spinning for him and he liked it. But then I got cocky and tried to spin around both of us and hit him really hard on the head leaving a big black mark. Reeeeeally glad they were unlit.

whyramember
1 post

Posted:
I have couple of bad experiences but the worst was propably when I set myself on fire. Like, my pants started burning with a pretty big flame... My bf started to pat my pants and soon it was cool but then I felt really hot at my lower back and I noticed my shirt had also catched the fire and was burning :D

Well I was totally fine, didn't even get any burns. But that scared the [censored] out of me.

I thought my clothes were 100% cotton but they weren't... So after that I've always double checked my clothes before I start spinning fire :D

GanjaKatGOLD Member
Psychedelic Jesus
4 posts

Posted:
About a month ago now i had left my contact poi in the boot of a friends car at work on the most crazy hot day and im guessing being in a hot tin can the glue inside the poi head started to get gooey. At lunch i got them out to have a spin and the poi head came off during the final tug for an orbital which hit me square in the nose. Suffice to say after 3 years of being my baby-move my orbitals have a hell of a lot of speed to them; it broke my nose and left some gnarly bruising, its the second time i have broken my nose with poi.

EDITED_BY: GanjaKat (1408880425)

Page: