Forums > Social Chat > How the hell do i fwd weave + 180 turn!?!

Login/Join to Participate

SsJ KaKaRoTtO

Total posts: 26
Posted:all i want 2 know is how the hell do you turn 180 degrees and do the fwd weave!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!thanx in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delete Topic

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1029
Posted:SsJ KaKaRoTtO,Start by learning the forward weave http://www.juggling.co.nz/theweave.htmWatch
the top animation to see closeup what the arms are doing.Then learn to do it in reverse, cause that is what you will be doing when you turn 180 degrees.http://www.juggling.co.nz/new7.htmHope this and the animations help
Non-Https Image Link
Happy swinging
Non-Https Image Link
Malcolm

May your balls always burn

Delete

ALIBABA

Total posts: 52
Posted:it will involve twatting yourself a few times.select a side of your forward weave and when you go to that side step your body round so that the side you have chosen becomes a backwards weave on your other side. ie. if you chose your left, turn your body towards the left(quickly) so that it is now a bckwards weave on your right and then do the backwards weave(maybe practise this first?)thats all i can think of.

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

Delete

CAINED-AND-UNABLE

Total posts: 214
Posted:TO START WITH I LEARNED TO TURN ANTI CLOCKWISE. DO THE WEAVE AND AS YOU COME TO THE BEATS ON THE LEFT OF YOUR BODY, FOLLOW THE POI AROUND. YOU SHOULD NOW BE SPINNINING THE IN A BACKWARDS WEAVE ON YOU LEFT HAND SIDE, HAVING TURNED 180' :P

Delete

tkerby

Total posts: 30
Posted:I actually learnt the backward weave this way and have taught people by getting them to turn and reverse the motion. It seems more natural than starting backwards.Happy swinging
Non-Https Image Link
Tim

Delete

Superman
BRONZE Member since Mar 2001

Superman

Total posts: 829
Posted:quote:I actually learnt the backward weave this way and have taught people by getting them to turn and reverse the motion. It seems more natural than starting backwards.thats a good idea...because i am having a hellahard time gettig the backwards weave started, but i did almost get the 180 turn. I thought i was doing it wrong because the Strings changed direction...<<the Heavens part and a dove decends>>discovery is knowledge, and knowledge is power.------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown[This message has been edited by Superman (edited 15 March 2001).][This message has been edited by Superman (edited 15 March 2001).]

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Delete

SsJ KaKaRoTtO

Total posts: 26
Posted:Thanx all of you!!!!!! But i can barely get the backwards weave! Well, thanx anyway!!!!!

Delete