Forums > Social Discussion > GIGER..if u dont know who he is and u like art klik here *DELETED*

Login/Join to Participate

AnTiCBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by AnTiC

the simplest way to plan ahead is mearly to be ready for everything....

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I've just been studying him biggrin
My GCSE art mock that I sat on friday was based on him, with a lil bit of Antony Gormley influence in there too. I think it went Ok, seeing has a woke up cruddy yesterday with a big cold frown and my the end of the 5 hours I was getting bored. I'll post a pic of my final peice once i've chopped it down and stuff.
But anyhoo, yes, Giger is the $hit.

AnTiCBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
looking forward to seeing ure pik

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Giger's good, the amount of detail in his pictures amazes me. I like the Giger bars and all the bits and pieces that he's designed to go in them (except the chairs for some reason, am really not keen on the chairs...). i like the forms, they remind me quite a lot of the buildings of Imre Makovecz, although his choice of materials is a bit less hi-tech:
https://www.zenth.dk/research/intro.htm

i wouldn't have said it if it weren't true, but it also gives me a chance to post about Makovecz, 'cause i really like him smile

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
'biomorphic' that's a good word, i was trying to think of it before but me brains' not working. A good word for describing the sort of forms Giger and Makovecz and (i suppose) Gormley all use... they are biological but morphing into something else, that isn't.... that's more.... gah......... hi-tech?(ie, kind of? bleh....)

(i swear, when i wrote my dissertation about architecture, the words were more coherent than this...)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Right well this si him. If I could maek him up the right way I would, but I can't tongue
This insnt the finsihed peice as i stupid;ly forgot to take a picture at the end of the day, but its very close. Imagen it with more scribbly thick pencil lines, and peopel hanging in the background similar to the main person. The sky looks more 'sky-ish', the same with the ground, and the ribs look better too. Plus no random white bits anywhere either.
Piece is around 1m by 3/4m. It didn't turn out as good as i would have liked, but meh...waddya gonna do?

Borathmember
64 posts

Posted:
That's not a bad pic at all!

One of the main things I like about Giger is that you come to realize more and more what the picture's about the longer you look at it, and for him this is usually a lot of sex. Yes, the whole 'more meaning after more looking' thing is true of all pieces, but it's always been an especially profound thing with his work for me.

https://www.fred-katrin.de/giger/land/hr_giger_landscape_004.jpg

In this piece, the sexual connotations are not immediately apparent and the insidious nature in which they become so is part of what makes this piece so striking. It becomes not about the organic form and a certain lucidity demonstrated in the shading and the gentle blending of sickly colours into cold blues and grays, but about penetration and the twisting of organs. At a glance this is not at all apparent, and perhaps this is why Giger is so popular.

He's been made famous primarily through 'Alien' and other biomechanoid pieces, but as an 'unknown' I belive he could still be remarkably successful. Something such as this painting could sit in your house and still be as interesting to you 10 years later as it was on the day you hung it there. Heck, your short-sighted old mother probably wouldn't take too much offence to it, and if she did it is only her interpretation of it that is so 'offensive'. There is nothing graphically explicit aside from the connotations the piece draws.

And that is pretty damn cool, I think. ^_^

I can't be evil; I'm wearing pink.

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
My friend is a huge Giger fan. Giger is his favorite artist and he can almost draw like him. My friend also loves the alien movies so I guess they go hand in hand. Have you seen that huge book that has all of gigers works in it? Theres some pretty wickid stuff in there.

Peace, Love, Circles

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Yo Dudes, While I love geiger, and have a great book of his work,
Please be a little bit careful what you post links to on HOP, it should be suitable for minors.
I'm just thinking of some of his pics of dead babies etc (which i think are great)

Hell yea, geiger rocks
and aliens too

AnTiCBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
oh glass soz didnt even think of that but do u realy think there are ne minors in here...

hadnt heard of Imre Makovecz but checked out the link and i want to be an architect and i would have to say WOW thats amazing i realy like his designs may b some influences there..
oh yea i am an artist too.

aimee i like and would love to see the finished product some day. Antony Gormley hmm can see how u mixed mixed the 2
very interestin stuff there like how the site is set up i hav seen some of that stuff before.

fred katrin have heard of him like the pic but in my eyes nothing compares to giger his skill with an airbrush is just too amazing

oh if ne one wants an air brush i got one on ebay professional dual action 4 $45 from supertools but dont go for the bid one there is usualy a buy know one so dont b tricked like i nearly woz i nearly had to pay $86 just a bit of diference.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by:

oh glass soz didnt even think of that but do u realy think there are ne minors in here...

plenty, in fact i was a minor until about a month ago :P