Page:
simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
a list of helpful threads about common moves:

with unhelpful comments from me smile

3BEAT WEAVE

Good stuff from loads, nice thread to continue...

[Old link]

ditto

[Old link]

Jello, Glass and Spiralx probably all drink Carling Black Label

[Old link]

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! i love One Wheel Dave, cos he's a boodist, like MCA from the Beastie Boys

[Old link]

REVERSE 3BT

Lots of good advice from many people

[Old link]

Many of good advice from lots people

[Old link]

CHASE THE SUN

Not very good, but the best i could find:

[Old link]

WINDMILL

Fluffy Napalm Fairy is very cool and has slept in my bed. Unfortunately i wasn't in it at the time

[Old link]

(unfortunately this thread suffers from broken link syndrome frown )

THREAD THE NEEDLE

i am the member of the UCOF fan club. Come, join my annual meeting. i have badges.

[Old link]

MEXICAN WAVE

i love Flid because he's a vegan, but this DOES NOT mean he's a spanish boss from StreetfighterII

[Old link]

FLOWERS

flowers are pretty. so is ICON.

[Old link]

flowers smell nice. so does ICON. mmmm yummy.[Old link]

BUTTERFLY WEAVE

Coleman and Dantana have unlocked the secret bonus round

[Old link]

Contrary to popular belief, Glass is almost entirely opaque.

[Old link]

Coleman thinks he can do poi. Thus, he can.

[Old link]

5BEAT WEAVE

Old skool Hoppers and an anonymous Josh give sum phat advyse

[Old link]

sometimes, PK and Mot like to pretend they're japanese schoolgirls...

[Old link]

PK hunts down and kills wildebeest. Not for food - that'd be natural. Pure bloodlust. It's sickening... Someone should do something about him.

[Old link]

Funky thread - Cleaning up 5b weave

[Old link]

REVERSE 5BEAT

Many people = Lots of good advice.

[Old link]

Unicyclist and Clubswinger caught in Wrist/Elbow Debating Scandal!!!!!

[Old link]

Rev says some cool stuff here. He's in a cult now, you know. Every time i try to chat to him about antispin he just starts talking about motherships and cosmic vibration. Quite sad really. (note: this is a lie)

[Old link]

Malcolm talks about hitting himself in the face with beaming poi. i do that too. Great minds think alike, eh?

[Old link]

BEHIND THE BACK WEAVE (mainly reverse)

oldskool advice is the best advice

[Old link]

oldskool advice II - the oldskool strike back

[Old link]

oldskool advice III - revenge of the oldskool

[Old link]

FORWARDS BEHIND THE BACK WEAVE

Dragon isn't really a dragon. He's just pretending.

[Old link]

the usual suspects, offering "helpful nuggets"...

[Old link]

The UN have declared that 'Fluffy Napalm' is a 'Weapon of Fluffy Destruction', and it's use is therefore a flagrant breach of basic pixie rights.

[Old link]

WAISTWRAPS

This thread is pretty definitive, and Glass is a 'little bunny sandwich'

[Old link]

BEHIND THE BACK 5BEAT WEAVE

Good advice, a debate about names and soft drug references? What more could you asK???

[Old link]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list was cut down from my original one i posted, removing threads that were less helpful, or just duplicated advice from the other threads.

this post originally went like THIS:

Hi there smile

i've been thinking it'd be nice if this forum had a list of the best threads about the most commonly asked about moves (The Weave, Windmill, BTB Weave, 5bt weave, all the stuff from the HOP lessons, etc...)

i've been thinking it'd be really nice if people asking about moves were given a helpful place to go to, rather than being curtly told to "Do a Search".

The search function can be quite helpful, but it's really hard to find the most useful and relevant threads, particularly when they involve extremely common subject matter.

i don't reckon this list would stop people asking about the same old moves, but it would give us a set location to direct people to, and a set location for new advice to be offered.

So if people could post links here to really helpful advice threads about common moves then they'd make me a happy monkey smile

I think that ones that link to other relevant threads are particularly useful:

like Dragon07's great post in this [Old link]

(i know coleman did some similar helpful linking in a 5beat weave thread recently. i've been searching for it for 15 minutes now and i can't find it redface Anyone know where it is?)

So, all suggestions for good move advice threads will be most gratefully accepted. Now i'm off to trawl the most deepy deepest depths of this Forum looking for advice on how to do the weave. Smoke me a kipper...

EDITED_BY: simian (1126002765)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

zildjinboyBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
i am having problems with isolated buzz saws i am really close but i cant get it for more than a few rotations with out one ether falling and it stops spinning cuz it's too slow or it dosen't stay even any tips?

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Try leaning further forwards so your right over it, also you have to have the timing spot on or your poi will catch each other and fall out/tangle.

Of course you could be trying to do an isolated buzz saw hyperloop.......

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

zildjinboyBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
what's a isolated buzz saw hyperloop?

Dwarf_starGOLD Member
"setting things on fire legally since 2004
7 posts

Posted:
Light them up baby!
I teach fire poi and after the 2nd month most students are lighting up, you sound like you know enough tricks just keep it basic and maybe try your first burn during the day as it can be alot more dawnting at night when the fire appears bigger.
Make sure you have someone with a running hose to watch you and also there are some great tips in home of pois backyard spinners guide to fire DVD goos safety tips and it's free when you buy a set of poi.
Also Sage behind the flame is a good tutorial DVD for beginners.
Ball chain is good for beginners, monkey fists are too solid to start with for the first time, stick to the weka ballchain poi or a cheap set of cathedrals, get the moves with fire first, you dont need heavy poi till you get into isolations and throws.
rock on and feel free to message our troupe with any questions you may have. biggrin
You can visit our website at www.dwarfstar.info weavesmiley

Dwarf_starGOLD Member
"setting things on fire legally since 2004
7 posts

Posted:
Buzzsaw with an isolation in it, that means your arm move around the poi in the buzzsaw instead of the poi moving in your hands, there are online lessons on home of poi for isolations but you need fairly heavy poi and to learn to buzzsaw very slowly.
As for hyperloops, theyre just difficuilt, if you need to learn some advanced poi tricks I recommend buying encyclopoidia DVD from home of poi, that guy is amazing!
If youre not quite at that level Sage behind the flame is a good tutorial but not as mind boggling.
Checkout our site at www.dwarfstar.info
ubbrollsmile

hazephaseSILVER Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
THere is nothing on the link that you have send. https://www.dwarfstar.info
what are you talking about

poivideos.com

Laura_OHareSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
This thread has been really helpful-thank you smile

hemiltonflemingstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Its highly informative. I would be visiting your blog hereafter regularly to gather valuable information.

hooza angelSILVER Member
Momma Hooza
24 posts

Posted:
need somthing to do, i know all the basic moves and am looking for some new ones to work on, do u guys hav any tips? i hav a set of flowlights that i spin and i <3 them smile

HeffeHeffeHeffeSpinners United Leader
29 posts

Posted:
ok so how i learned to butterfly was stand facing a wall get close to it get your poi going seperated and then bring them together keep your dominant hand set a half inch higher and a half inch back from your undominant so the planes r different

Page: