Forums > Social Chat > Poetry : some times it helps

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
Yes I know there are other threads/pots like this, but I didn't feel like posting this there........sorry......

**************************As I Wake****************************

I see the sun rise. It seems so far away from me. I remember a time that I felt as though I could reach out, and grab it. But that was so long ago. I can see the morning fog lifting, like a blanket of soft cotton. I envy the grass, because the blanket of fog that covers it, departs every morning; yet the blanket that covers me, can't be lifted that easy. Evey morning as I wake, I wish I was any were but here, any one but me. My mind races with the thoughts of the night, thoughts that will not alow me to sleep, to dream, to forget. As I wake, the bird sings, for a moment my heart is lifted, but just a moment. I am tormented by words that I have not yet said. As I wake, my life seems to pass by with out takeing me along, I am alone,surounded by people that are not there, haveing conversations that no one hears. As I wake, i wish i could sleep forever.............F>F

coment if you like, I enjoy reading thoughts on my thoughts meditate

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
ohh...that one hurts. that one hurts. good pain though, necessary pain. better than ignored pain.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
ditto

Top stuff [jaw drops]

Thats beautiful Gothfrogette

They're both brilliant. I always think to myself I dont like poetry, but as soon as start reading it I just get absorbed, its a nice feeling.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i just write what i think. redface but glad you like it and its nice getting stuff out once in a while. hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Both Gothfrogette and FF : Lovely poems!

FF - In my opinion, the poems would be easier to read if they were set out differently, bit like GFrogette's.. each sentance on different line or however you feel they should be. Just my opinion though.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
A different sort of poem, a bit more positive than some of the others. Which is rare for me, I guess. *leaps into the lions den*

Limbs

Like limbs we stretch up to the sky

Bending and entwined

Aching to leave the ground

Like limbs we support one another

Strong together though we part

Conjoined from the start

Like limbs we work as one

When we brush the clouds

Our ancient eyes close

Like limbs we caress one another

Soft, pure and beautiful

A place, a touch, a home.

And here is a little bit of prose, complete and not part of something bigger:

When She Turned

Then she looked north up the darker road, from where the wind blew upon her face without a sound. She should go that way. All other roads were blocked. 'Besides', she reasoned, 'all roads lead to the sea eventually, and I have all the time in the world now. I have a whole life to spend just getting home, getting out into the clear waters'. Still, she wished she could see them, however far away, sparkling in the distance a beacon to guide her... some hope at the end of her toil.

Picking up her heavy feet, she set off into the darkness and was quickly concealed in the fogs that rose from the street to the sky.

EDITED_BY: nearly_all_gone (1106494324)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

1,489 posts

Posted:
*********************Far From In Love***************************

Here we sit, staring at each other. No words exchanged, only expressions. As we sit here, I wonder what happened to us. We said forever, and yet forever was never to come for us. I see the pain in your eyes, and I know there is nothing I can do. You see the look on my face, and wonder if I still feel for you.

We held on so long, trying to make it work, and doing our best. In the end it was never our choice. Things will never be the same. Once we were friends, then lovers, now.....now we sit close to each other, but far from in love.........F>F

1,489 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pink...?

FF - In my opinion, the poems would be easier to read if they were set out differently,

you see pink, my stuff is made for monologue, i use to do open mic nite at a coffe house, everything i write has ALOT more emotion when i read it live...........

gone :: that was nice, verry nice

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:

Haiku time:

I made a haiku
Its not a very good one
So i wont show you biggrin

I made one also
Its a lot better than yours
Ha ha ha ha ha ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: DoktorSkell

I made one also
Its a lot better than yours
Ha ha ha ha ha ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

ubblol

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

1,489 posts

Posted:
*****************************Ashamed**************************

I stare, trying to remember why I did this to myself. It seems so long ago that I made that cut. The skin has healed, in a sense, but the scar remains. It is a constant reminder of what i went threw. Everyday looking me in the eyes saying "Remember me? Remember when life was so hard you made me?" And I do remember, but not the reason, or the pain, but the cut. I remember the cut. How good it felt, how much I bled and for how long. I was so still and calm, it was nothing like I thought it would be.

I thought it would hurt, I thought I would at least cringe. Nothing. I had no emotion at all. Again I cut, and again the same, no reaction. Why, why does this not hurt? Why am I not scared? Why does this seem........right?

Now I am scarred forever. Always showing how weak I was at that point in my life. Always afraid to show my wrists and arms to new people. This is my burden, this is my scarlet letter for all to see. Yes I was weak. Yes I thought this was the answer, and yes I am ashamed...............F>F

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Fryed Fish--

Instead of being ashamed, try being proud of how far you've come. Instead of feeling ashamed to show those scars, show them to people who are where you were then and say "See? There is hope on the other side of despair."

It takes courage to fight back from something like that. And knowing how you did it could help others. And helping others will help you, because it turns something terrible into something good.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
this is something that came off the top of my head, like most things, but is the most recent of anything i've written by far, and still remains title-less

i sit, staring at the screen full of colours and lines, but still the words appear. they come from someone i thought i knew, but it seems i dont even know myself anymore. she wants things to be the way they were, but things will never be the same, and she of all people should know that. she created this, and now she's trying to correct it, but it will never be right, no matter how hard either of us try. i want to try to make the time we spent not become a waste, but i cannot forget what she did, and i dont think she will either. but i can get through this, i still have the thing that keeps me going, but not for her, and i dont think i ever will. so i sit through this night alone, until sleeps reach draws near, and i miss her presence lying next to me...

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
grouphug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Page: