Page:
EloBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I got a new staff, it's not fira though, It's a clear one that I can put Glowsticks or 'Street Lights' in, does the fact that I choose not to spoin fira make me a wimp? I mean I think glow sticks look (almost) as cool as fire, plus it's a bit safer, I can still smack myself, but I won't smack myself and then catch on fire ubblol yeah, I might get into fira later, but for now I like my Clear one, it's a step up from my old piece of bamboo :]

Wait a minute...this wasn't on the world map...THIS WASN'T ON THE WORLD MAP!!!

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Written by: Elo

does the fact that I choose not to spin fira make me a wimp?

of course not! hug

no one has to do fire.... not ever if you dont want to, and if you were thinking you might do fire in the future you should wait until you feel confortable....

dont worry about it... hug enjoy your spinning, have fun and take care biggrin

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Please tell me how your staff works (I mean after some use). How does it feel (wight and size). I was hoping to get one of these in the future (at some point). Is it from neonhusky?
and no you are not a wimpjavascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0).

Juggling_Arcs

If at first you don't succeed, Sky Diving is not for you.

No luck involved it was all skill... or absence there of

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
Written by: Elo

does the fact that I choose not to spoin fira make me a wimp?

Yes... yes it does.

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yeah, i agree with pete, that sure does make you a wimp. i think we should always agree with pete.

"wimp"

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
no it doesnt make you a wimp.. but the truth is if you hit yourself while spinning fire you wont catch fire or something...
i did have a little accident tho. .i was double sticking with fire and one of them got caught under my armpit and singed my armpit hair.. that did hurt.. but thats the worst ive ever heard of.. no one dying from spinning fire biggrin

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
i havent even read the post you made , just the subject of it , and im going to say ....... "yes" you are a wimp ......... ok so what are we talking about ???

*takes time to read the post now...*

oh yea , deffinately , your a wimp ! (so sorry ) however there is still hope , for the only thing you can do , is get better !!! and then move onto fire staff biggrin dont worry im not going to start a "Elo is a wimp" thread ! ubblol

elo , your probably better than you think !

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
Fire is less comfortable, your tricks arsenal is smaller with it.

I don't like it so I stopped using fire, only lightsticks.
It's much comfortable, I don't need to go to clubs with a bag full of oil and then to burn my hair :P

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
oh conme on ariad.. its not THAT bad.. sure ive singed my armpit hair, but that only happened once.
ubbloco
and elo, the first time i tried fire i was shitting myself.. all i did was spin it in front of me.. took me a few days to get comfortable with putting it behind my back.. but seriously, if you can spin, youll have no prob doing it with fire, just gotta get over the "oh no, fire, aahhhhhh, i am so.... scared... what if it burns me?" (its hard to portray sarcasm in writing wink

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
are you a wimp.....um well that really depends on if your scared of doin it with fire, but kinda want to or number 2 just dont want to.I think the ye old sayin of "dont knock it till you try it"comes into play just do it then see where you wana go....

um a elo is a wimp thread mybe that will work...

anyway i hope you have fun with your new staff,coz after all thats what this is all about......fun!!!! balls to what every-one else thinks,just do what you think is fun.

mike.c
ps...manchester spin 28th pic gardens 2 o clock....you know you wana go!!!.....no wimps..hee hee just playin!

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
What does it matter? There's no point spinning if you don't enjoy it! If you don't like fire, don't use it, there's lots of beautiful glowy toys out there smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
eh fire is a bit of a hassle. Im not sure what it actually accomplishes that glow stuff doesn't (unless you really enjoy the sensation of it)

I don't think the issue is if your a wimp for spinning fire.. it's if their is anything "tough" or "brave" about spinning fire.

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Personally i prefer glowsticks they work in unison with more secondary effects (Glow paint ect) than fire does, fire merely seems vmore visually impressive because it is exactly that fire! man i use glow stick more often as well coz its cheapr than constantly buying kero.

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

EloBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
I like my new clear staff a lot, It's (of course) much lighter than the bamboo I used to practice with, and it fits about 10-11 6 in. glow sticks in it, which looked really rad according to my friends when I spun it at a get together at the beach :]

and yeah, I got it from Neon Husky, it's good stuff :]

So yeah, I dunno, I think I might get into fire, just not now, when I can put more time/ money into it, and when I feel more confident that I can do it

In the mean time , I'm going to work on the moves I know now, and defiinately try some new ones :]

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hmmm, to wimp or not to wimp.

why I choose fire is because it's so different to practicing at home or playing with glow sticks...

glow sticks for me is just the public part of the old bamboostick, because as the performer you don't really see how "nice" it all looks with the lights (on many occasions I would ask another performer: "wow! how do you do that trick? it looks awsome..." only to find out it's something I already did, but never realised it looked like 'that' from a distance), where fire adds that little bit extra: extra visual, extra sound (!), extra feel, extra rush, but also because fire will only burn for a couple of minutes, it gives you a set time frame in which your run has to be done...

nothing to do with being a wimp or not. it is just a different game.

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Well im the fire accident king ubbloco but its all good fun!
I love the sound of the flames wooshing past my face an the feeling of heat against my skin....the smell of burning/singed hair aint so great but its alwasy funny when you look back at it!
I love all glow toys but fire is more for special occasions or wen i can reali be bothered as it can be hassel with all the fluids an soaking an what not.
But nah it doesnt make you a wimp, do what you wanna do an dont let what other people think get to you. Lifes too short!
Could you put up a link of this clear staff as ide be interested in one of these babys!

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
i dont think so. at l;east your using something other than bamboo which, lets face it, aint great to learn with. maybe one day you will feel the need to use fire, maybe you wont. its all about enjoying yourself and progressing within your own limits.

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
Old thread, but I want to add something too.

I would say no, not a wimp. I say that because I really have no intention to go flammable myself. Then again, as you can see from the icon, I do performance in suit. The suits are pollyester, and that means flammable. Therefore, it's more of a threat to me, if I tap myself with something on fire.

So, no, not a wimp. Just... well... not good to put up with open flamage?

-Socks, fuzzball flambe

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
your both wimps sences when has a bit of fire ever hurt away one and burning pollyester suits just add to the buzz biggrin

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

EloBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
https://www.neonhusky.com/Products/S-Clear.html

thurs tha link for the clear staff, they are magical biggrin

I love it, it's much lighter, easier to grip, and dosent hurt as much when you twack yourself, it's durable too, I mean you're looking at a man who drops many a thing, and this thing is still with me. I like to spin at the beach or in my back yard under my avacado tree ;D

I feel all, mystical, and cool....I dunno. it's good stuff biggrin

EloBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
You know what else looks really sick? Chucks >>> https://www.neonhusky.com/Products/N-HC2.html

:joy:

PhreakArmadanewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Geez whats wrong with fire¿

EloBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
Nothing, I'm just skurred of it, for the time being

PhreakArmadanewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Your a whimp smile

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
You're not a wimp. There's no point spinning fire if you don't want to spin fire, for whatever reason! Enjoy spining for spinning's sake, and then when you're comfortable with it you might want to take the leap into fire.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
fire isnt as scary or painful as u think, just take the precautions, have someone arround with a wet towel or something, and wet your hair, or wear a hat or something. Give it a go, just be safe

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

Fear-TineSILVER Member
enthusiast
227 posts

Posted:
I was petrified as well and the first time i set it alight I almost kacked myself. Even when your spinning it you spend so much time trying not to get hit by it that you dont enjoy it so spin with out fire for aslong as you want but getting hits isnt that bad and you quickly learn to get out of its way ubblol

Grow old but never grow up

ficklampaBRONZE Member
81 posts

Posted:
you are Not a whimp.
it's simply that you don't feel ready for fire yet.
the time when you feel the urge to spin fire will come...probably at least.

the only thing worth dying for is life itself

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
your not a wimp at all

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Not a wimp.
I didnt start with fire, i started with my glowsticks, then after about 6 weeks when i was comfortable i started with fire. i would say you're a wimp if you're really good and been doing it for a while and you couldnt contemplate fire.
Dont worry, if you hit yourself you wont exactly catch fire, you might get a little burn or singe some hair yourself but thats about it.

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
I'd have to say No.. for now at least.

I think the fire is what draws a lot of people in, at least it did for me. But it doesn't take long to realize that fire isn't the reason to be spinning. Fire is just a bonus and a surefire way to get other people interested. I agree with the 'dont knock it till you try it' mindset though. Give it a shot, there is something about the heat, the sound, and that smell that glowsticks will never be able to match.

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Page: