• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Mindless Rant That No-one Has to Read (ok Maybe one or two)

Login/Join to Participate

heyahoney
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

heyahoney

Redneck Woman

Total posts: 566
Posted:Ok, My Real Dad went and read one of the letters to my old man and now is all mad and shizit b/c i called him names. I was like look dude, I am a grown woman, why are you reading my mail? And he got all pissy on me and we went at it for like 3 hours. He made me so mad b/c I was drunk and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. I think the main thing that I had a proplem with is the fact that he kept calling me a little girl. I was like shut up, I am not a five year old anymore. I just wanmted to sleep, and if i get mad at night nite i cant. Do i have good reasons to be mad?

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

Delete Topic

This_Energy
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

This_Energy

Total posts: 173
Posted:of course you do!!!! esp. since ur a grown woman now, no one has the right to look at ur mail. if i was you id kick ur dads ass. he has no right to do that

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

Delete

The Real Fryed Fish

God's illgitament son

Total posts: 1489
Posted:ok exactly how old are you? and are you still liveing with your dad? he had no right to read your mail thats true (and a felony on top) but if you're liveing with him, you need to be prepared to deal with s**t like that.......its obvious he does not want to give you your personal space, so just be more carefull about what you write.........but no you wernt in the wrong for geting in his face about reading your mail........

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

Delete

This_Energy
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

This_Energy

Total posts: 173
Posted:if u still live with ur dad try to move out to stop ne more tensions from starting but thats just my point of view.

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

Delete

flash fire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2001

flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal

Total posts: 2758
Posted:She's 18

If my 18 year old daughter was writing letters to a man that was in prison, I'd have something to say about it too! I know how I was when I was 18 - I reached some defining moments in my life, and as much as I resented it at the time, the guidance I was given ensured that I didn't turn out to be a complete loser.

Parents have strange laws - the fact that it is a felony to read someone else's mail doesn't even come into play when the welfare of their children is at stake.

If you don't like their rules or their way of dealing with things, then leave home. You're no longer a minor.

What's the difference between your dad and your 'Real Dad'?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

Medusa
BRONZE Member since Nov 2003

Medusa

veteran

Total posts: 1433
Posted:flash: I think when she says old man she was referring to her boyfriend.

Delete

flash fire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2001

flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal

Total posts: 2758
Posted:I know that... She called her dad her Real Dad - just wondering if there's an un-biological father in the story too.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

BurningByron

Total posts: 340
Posted:I'm sorry but together with the OldMan in Prison thread, they have got to be the most classic threads I have ever read on HOP ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else seeing what I am seeing????????????

Or has the hours and hours of anatomy study eaten my brain away to the point that I no longer percieve reality the way it truly is????????????

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Delete

heyahoney
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

heyahoney

Redneck Woman

Total posts: 566
Posted:In response to fryed fish..I am 18, and i do not even live with my Dads. I am still living with my mother, b/c the college that i go to is only 26 or so miles away from where i live...My dad went through all of the sh*t in my truck (and trust me that is a lot of sh*t) Just to find a letter from him. And he did it while I was Asleep.
In Response to Flash Fire, Me and Sean have seen dating since I was like five. We are going to get married as soon as we finish college, so that is why my mom doesnt care about me writing him. And actually, I have had pen pals with people in prison/ jail since I was like 16. I just feel sorry for them, because with most of them, They have no one who cares and no one to write to them. I dont live with Him and that is why i got so mad. My mom could read those letters all that she wants to. I live in here house anhd it is her right. My step father was my daddy, My real dad is my biological sperm donar who interfears a whole lot in my life. I have just become accostomed to writing that and I did not even think about how it might throw some people off.
In response to burning Byron..Huh? What do you mean by that? I am now lost b/c of reading what you wrote.

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

Delete

Lillie Frog

Lillie Frog

not a stranger

Total posts: 558
Posted:I don't know about the law in America, but I imagine that it is illegal to read someone elses mail.
However, parents think they can get away with alot with their kids because of the reationship.

I would be angry if someone read my mail.

However, him doing this, and him calling you 'little girl', can be interpretted in different ways depending on your relationship with him. Your previous post shows that the relationship with your father is not an easy one, but only you can know if he was doing these thing because he cares about you or for some other reason.
For most fathers their daughter will always be their 'little girl' however old she is, but if he is only a 'biological sperm donor...' then perhaps he meant it in a different, more patronising way. Only you can know.

If fighting with him stresses you out so much then perhaps it would be better to put some distance between you as people have already suggested.

If you do not live with him and he still goes through your stuff, it might be best to make sure everything is locked or hidden away from him to preserve your privacy.

Good luck in sorting it all out and finding a way of dealing with your parents so everyone can be happy.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

Delete

MiG
GOLD Member since Apr 2004

MiG

Self-Flagellation Expert

Total posts: 3415
Posted:heyahoney, i think he's a little confused RE the whole 'old man usually means dad' thing

burningbyron, when she says 'old man', its a reference to her b/f

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Delete

BurningByron

Total posts: 340
Posted:no, ummmmm dont worry bout me... I'll just stand over here and.... ummmmmmm welllll, you know..... ooooo look a butterfly!!!!!!!!!!

*floats up onto a lilly pad in the sky*

And here I shall stay and rest...

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Delete