Login/Join to Participate

BigMan/BigGunmember
2 posts

Posted:
Americans,

this is for you

You live in a democracy, am I right?

Democracy means the power of the people

Although your Gov gets away without doing it, everything needs the approval of you, the people!

I just read a topic about the RAVE act.

Now. I'm sure none of you like this new piece of BS from your ordained by God leader, his highness Lord Emperor George W Bush. So why not do something about it.

Have you ever heard of something called a petition. You are probably used to hearing about them in school. Ie school petition (not sure on spelling, but you know what i mean)

Having read some of the posts here i see there are a few activists amoungst your ranks.

All it takes is for the petition to be made legal. (i think you just phone up and they will tell you, if not reply to this post and ask me to find out and I will)

But if not, heres the next step. In a democracy there is one thing that rules supreme. PEOPLE POWER!

Just get the petition legal, then mail it out or email to as many peeps as pos and you will have something that can put a legal halt (at least for a while) on anything.

If im wrong ( i dont think i am, all it will take is a bit of effort) then i apologise, but this world we live in is too strung up on strategy reports on what the problem is, never a decent logical solution.

If something like this was to float over to my Island (England) then I would be outside my prime ministers door, screaming for logic.

alone we fall, together we fight

choose..

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I feel that I must say something about the "his highness Lord Emperor George W Bush" comment. In this case enphisis on THIS, President Bush did not come up with this act so blaming him is like blameing the Queen of England for all the stupid hats in the world!! Yes the act is wrong, yes it needs to be stoped and yes your right we need to stand together.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
i generally try to stay away from threads like this cause i get so pissed off about my government . i rant and rage about about it all the time and my family and friends hate to talk to me about it cause they think i'm crazy.(not all of them!) so its great and sad all at the same time that it took someone from over seas to see my main point. americans are straight up giving away their democracy. i don't even consider my government a democracy any more. its sooooooooooooooooo scarey.
petition smission i think the govnm't gets them reads them and laughs. being a part of a lot of them i never see any results. its crazy.
phule do like bush?
i go as far to say that we don't even get to elect our president anymore.
its very hard to get un spunn news here too. especially when you want to know all about everyone running or what they might have to say
thinking about it all yesterday actually. i was all like yeah independence day. and i got greatful for all that our forfathers did for us and the down home people at the bosten tea party. and thaught about how they must think about these american times and promissed not to forget what they did and to raise some more hell myself about the bull----. then i thaught about the american indians....
anyway just thinking is about as effective as pettitions so i will not shut up.
i think bush is crazy
and i think crazier things about what my government really does. i am afraid of them.
so if you have any suggestions besides pettitons let me know.

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
democracy hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! It doesn't matter who you vote for the government wins!

Are we nearly there yet?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
As a person Bush is a moron, he is a puppet. I dont know who is pulling his strings but he is a puppet. You can not blame him however for every little BS problem in the world. I wish you could but you cant. He isnt smart enough to try to keep the US public parinoid. I feel that if you dont or didnt vote then you dont have the right to complain about the government, I was one of those who didn't vote. I was in bootcamp when the elsections came, and thus missed them. None the less you dont hear me complain, I do stand up for him when it is needed. He doesnt deserve all the BS that yall give him.

Like I said before blaming Bush for all the worlds problems is like blaming the Queen for all the stupid looking hats in the world! Stupid and Pointless

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
colors darlin, ur right, but ur also wrong. if a group of people makes the right kind of noise, and makes enough of it, it's still possible to change things in this country. hard yes, impossible no. I grew upo in political activism, i think it was hardly blinked at. now it seems to be noticed even less.... and i think i'm more and more frightenede by it. There's lots of little wheels that are all rusty and sticky in this system- but- the RAVE act is, as far as i can see, i havn't read it- unconstitutional. now, so is giving the military power to detain us citizens w/o trial.. but leaving that alone for a minute, figuring out and documenting why the RAVE act is unconstitutional and passing it on to many many senators from many states just might do something. might. or, i admit, it might not. phone calls, letters, they might not be enough. but if it does go through decent documents on why iit's wrong might help get it overturned in court. god i'm getting cynical. thin k positivly, and if i get any more proof that we are disinegratinfg into a police state i'm leaving the country before i finish school...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
i understand bush as a puppet. i do think hes crazy though. i don't blame him for th worlds problems or even here in the states. look at hotty abe lincoln he made good poositve changes. my point is that we elect this president? he/she puts people in houses and cabinents and money controls or persuades all that. i think i used abe as an exaple bc back then i think everyday americans had more say in there lives and what their country did as a whole. i think the president was not someone who dictates what the $ wants him to. i want to get us back in control.

i don't think anything is impossible and i will put my name on anything that brings injustices to attention or helps what i believe in or protects my life or my families or friends or earth's or animals including humans what i'm saying is that i know every little thing counts and have a very hard time lacking faith that the greater good will provail.

i'm just a little frustrated right now because i want to try a different route and i don't know what. all of my attempts in the past have helped some. their plans would become less severe or harsh sometimes.

i read an article in the Voice about ?(out of my head the name went) mountain in Nevada. They plan to build a nuclear waste dump there. omg the things i learned in that article. one of the most interesting points was about there being a completely new government. i wish i could remember the name. the issue was eather last month or the month before and it was the cover story. thinking or visualising and fighting for and using my rights are the key to making this government something to feel safe in.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
ray i can tell you havent yet taken my advice, smoke some of the holy ganja the lord is lying in wait ready to cleanse your dirty little soul. mr bush a puppet? what sort of puppet shows do you guys get to see. democarcy is all about most of the people telling those that remain and themselves how things are gonna be. so who really is on the end of the string?

[ 05 July 2002, 09:03: Message edited by: itsgottab ]

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

itsgottab good one

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
I blame Bush for a large majority of the worlds current problems..ie..he could've handle things a hell of a lot more maturely instead of well..lets bomb the shit out of a country until maybe we kill the one person we want dead. Like I much rather prefer the republican side of things and i really do wish Clinton was still in presidency..but wishing won't change things..but I think Bush is like a little boy with too much power. And i hate talking about politics becasue it's such an endless topic of annoying things. As for the whole rave thing..hey you know there is a lot of people who will want to voice their opinions..it jsut takes on eto begin!
peace out

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Thistle:
democracy hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! It doesn't matter who you vote for the government wins!
tee hee, i see what you mean. it seems like everyone i talk to is against the same things. we all seem to be in agreement that something is wrong. not just here in america, but i think that the whole world is responsible for letting things get to this point. everybody wants to place the blame on bush, but aren't we the ones following? it's not just here that we are under the us governments power, but the whole world is affected by our decisions, and we all sit back and let things happen. we have become a society of people who want all the luxuries and freeedoms of civilization, but no responsiblities. i will continue signing petitions as they come my way, but in my experience not enough people are willing to stand and fight for what they believe.

as for the right to rave, i will continue dancing no matter what! wasn't there a popular movie int he eighties about a town that tries to outlaw dancing... weird how soon we forget?!?

[ 08 July 2002, 04:43: Message edited by: chairmenmeow47 ]

-ivy. = ^ )

Ralph, jesus did not have wheels.--sunday school teacher, the simpsons

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
i go as far to say that we don't even get to elect our president anymore.
Actually... we don't directly elect our president! Haven't in a loong time. That's what the electoral college reps are for.
Anyway, it's not really detrimental who's sitting at the top until someone needs to be blamed for something...you're voting for the cabinet.
yay...i think i finally found a use for that double major! oi.

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by colors bright smile:
i understand bush as a puppet. i do think hes crazy though. .
I don't think he's crazy. He's not smart enough to be crazy. He's just stupid. And self-interested. I don't even think he's smart enough to be evil.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura