Forums > Help! > Trying to find some poisters

Login/Join to Participate

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Hi can anybody help Im travelling back to england around the 10th of sept and i am looking to meet up with some poisters in or around southampton (as i have to be at the boat show) and then on to the bristol juggling convention..
My story so far is that im in the south of france and try as i might i cannot find any poisters at all???? There are many fetes here but no jugglers or poi etc etc (im near carcassone/Toulouse) i have contacted the juggling shop in toulouse and they said there are no meets at the moment maybe everyone is on holiday??
So what i am trying to arrange is to meet some of the people that are here on this site and have a few burns or even get a few burns. Can anybody offer some advice on places to meet and where to stay whilst im there. Just so i dont scare anyone off as im from Dubai i am english and did go to the college in southampton but it was a long time ago and i havent been in the uk for a long time...
Also whats happening for the bristol convention is it all camping (which i have no probs with just dont have a tent!) or is there places to stay in the area?
cheers
g confused

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hey there - for Southampton spinning, check out www.soton-firespinning.co.uk

For Bristol convention - check out the "Events, Performances and Gatherings" section here smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
thankx Durbs

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys have been trawling through the events pages. Whats the weather like in september and oct over your way

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
rubbish.. lots of rain.. and then just for good measure.. a little bit more rain..

we're having a bit of a cr*p summer, last year we were having a heat wave, this year a small village was practically wiped out in Cornwall due to flash floods.. very unpredictable, but best bring your waterproofs.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
There are a few spinners in Sete (near Montpellier) I believe

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Argh i hate rain.. I live in a nice extreemly dry climate and it had been over 9 months since i had seen rain when i got to france.. Can you all organise a sun dance for the winter..
Thanks Kat I have heard of sete and vallon but its too far at the moment as i have to be at work in the morning as i am restoring a house so getting there takes too long..

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Some one once told me a poister is a pimp.....why do you need a pimp????

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Thanks gnor Ive never heard of that before!! Just to clear things up for those that are unsure .....Im looking for people that swing things around on fire for fun.

ShrekBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
I do
&
Yes
It is fun
bounce

I love the smell of burnt hair & kerosene in the morning.

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
After a little investigation sete apparently is the nudist capital of france could be fun i think there is a thread on this somewhere(nudist fireswinging)..
hurgh
and shrek shouldnt you be practising!!!!