Forums > Social Chat > Jubilee Party - Steart Common - Bridgewater

Login/Join to Participate

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone

Just thought I would make a post about the free party that we have just returned from

Just up from Hinkley point Nuclear Power Station on Steart Common was the Venue, 20 systems, great music, estimates of between 6 and 10 thousand people and loads of space for twirling

After arriving and having to lug all our gear and fuel (20l jerrycan ) for over a mile with continious cars on either side of the track we realised it was gonna be a big un! After arriving at the first system we made our way a little inward to a system that had good music and enough space for some fire and got to work. On a later reccee it took 20 minutes to walk to the last system!

Just before sunrise I remembered that I had enough wire wool in my bag for a couple of burns so I managed to load up the cages and set off for the first burn - what a reaction a round of applause and cheering from everyon that had gathered around the beach Woody then used the second lot of wire wool with much the same reaction - 4 hours later as we were ready to head for some sleep we were still getting comments of "Did you see the fireworks on the beach earlier!"

Anyway back to Bath for a few hours sleep and then returned to the party in a Landy so we didnt have to carry the fuel too far and another nights heavy burning Including some new moves being tried (also a hair on fire incident while trying to stand back up after lying down!)

Met loads of good and very friendly twirlers down there, I am crap with names but I will remember faces!

If you were there please reply and if you werent then why not

Hopefully I will see some of you on the 20th at Stonehenge for Summer Solstice or at Glastonbury.

Take Care and Happy Twirling

Mark P