Forums > Social Chat > The Official Home of Poi drinking game

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
To be played while reading the Home of Poi discussion group boards. Have handy the alcoholic beverage of choice and a computer with a net connection. A spill-proof keyboard helps but is not required.

Take one drink:

- Whenever someone asks what kind of fuel they should use for fire poi

- Whenever someone asks which brand of glow sticks is best, or what kind of string to use.

- Whenever someone posts asking if anyone spins to music, and what kind is good

- Somebody posts asking how to do the behind-the-back weave

- Someone posts a new topic in what is obviously the wrong place (like a new move on the hardware board)

Take two drinks:

- Someone invokes "PLUR" to try to end an argument
- When someone bitches because their inane post was removed or their dumb topic was locked by a moderator

- Whenever Pele lays the smack down on somebody (take an extra if Whipping Boy backs her up within 3 posts)

- If somebody mentions intoxication while spinning and asks if others have done this

- Somebody starts dissecting how many "beats" a certain move REALLY is, take an extra drink for each reply to that post debating the subject

Drain the glass:

- When someone posts a spiffy new move that's demonstrated in the "Poi Lessons" section of the web site

- When someone recounts their law enforcement run-in

Add your own rules! Anyone can play!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ade, I'm also not a drinker. It's not that I don't like being drunk, it's that I actively dislike being drunk. Unless it's absynthe. But then, only one drink or I regret it.

I'll have a glass of wine with dinner on special occasions, but because I like the flavor, not the alcohol.

So yeah, I'll have tea with you. I consume vast quantities of tea in my day-to-day life. A day without tea is like having to spin with kero instead of white gas. (Are you guys paying attention? DRINK UP!)

PLUR! :::evil grin:::

[ 06 June 2002, 08:27: Message edited by: MikeGinny ]

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Gotta drink for everytime someone say how good they are at spinning, and it turns into a pissing contest....

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
gotta drink everytime a manager walks past ya terminal thinking that the tiny HOP explorer window you have open is work. wooty.
it's always the right time to scam the Man! oh gawd i hope they don;t firetwirl!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Yep Bender know the feeling...

*Kate looks over her shoulder*

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh, man, you guys are naughty! you need a spankin... or at least let me put out a candle on your bum, i promise i won't miss...(tee hee)

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I was just reading ove the past post while eating a vegimite sandwhich and rubbing the scar I have from twilring which is between my eyes thanks to falloutboy's double stick,and I have to say, your all drunks...

NYC, rockstarashi has been finding in the shadows for awhile now, and they have been in line the longest... and C@ntus, now you know that that was a very well sung song... and I know you told me to keep all the kit on... but I never heard you say no for the rest for the night... *cough*... don't question my actions people... it's just called drunk male bonding...

---------------------------------
Within each of us is the power to change the world; all we have to do is let it out. Of course... some of us should leave it right where it is.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
bender when are you getting here?!?!?!
i'm freakin OUT!!!

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh and also i meant put it out with my whip

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
How about "Jar-Jarashi Binks?"

Drink whenever someone changes their name.

The person who changes it has to drink an exponentially higher number of drinks each time.

The person who points it out when someone surreptitiously changes their name gets to start a waterfall.

Slurrr-slurr...whirrr-berr-ber-cawl-ah-bagh-toooo...aaaaahhhhhh-hooooooerp! uh-oohhhh...errrrm...HERRRRRRRRRP! WOOOO-AHK! (Splatter)

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Just sayin' that you make a lot of posts, Mr Cantus.
2694 drinks would do me in any day.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well I'm game if you're buying Paddy.

Arashi, I think I killed Tracer. He's not posted since I had a go at him. He may be sulking some place. He was a teeny bit moody before I unleashed at him....
Check the Sheffield Festivities for more details.

Meh

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well since you opened up this whole attitude thing let me say that i personally was pretty turned off by some of the attitudes that i encountered when i got here. stuff that just blew my mind in its egobashing nature and obstinacy. and you jumping on the bandwagon against my statements without knowing all the pertinent info didn't help. only a connection with folks like bender and cassandra and moonpixie et al. kept me here. i don't know if there was a lead in to make tracer act that way or not, but to say that i am anything like that is silly. i got necessarily tense on the board when i felt that people were being WAAAAY too rude and judgemental, and everybody saw only that. what you didn't see was the off board dialogue of certain people, followed by being really F@#$#CKIN rude to me and treating me like a child. when i'm a damn good, veteran fire dancer. see that video of sage? that's a gal in my crew, and i ain't no dumbass.i think some people think they know it all just cause they are smart. and i felt like you, cantus, were a litle out of line as well. i never wanted to force my opinions on anyone, but that is what i got,in response to me trying to simply have more information made available to the education system here. the thing to remember, is that when you get rude, all communication will break down. i will not get that way, i can usu. step back from it, but i am different in that way, some like tracer and yourself in the past get caught in it, and it's all over at that point. but you and others need to reign in the rudeness. you know how the world sucks? well, it begins here, with strangers trying to understand each other and speak without being "shot down" as it was oh so pc put earlier... i would call it rather bratness. i love you all. i so please don't take what i'm saying as offensive. i'm just telling it like i feel it needs to be said. hope to meet you in person someday, and our eyes can say what typing can't. anyway

how about a drink whenever an immature misunderstanding gets resolved and the people become freinds?

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
OK! Rock Star and others, I think you just gave me some great ideas for new drinking game rules:

Drink one:

- When someone is _so_ off topic the post could even be considered off-topic in the Social Discussion area

- When a post longer than 50 words has no capital letters in it, except in the person's signature

- When part of any post rambles on for longer than 15 stops without a line break

Drink two:

- When someone uses their self-determined level of poi skill to back up whatever argument they're making about something that has nothing to do with poi (i.e. "I can do the 7-beat BTB reverse overhand weave, so when I tell you Decker really was a replicant all along you should believe me!")

Drain the glass:

- When interpersonal drama that originates in one thread is vented out of frustration by one of the participants in another thread entirely (then refill and drain it again if the poster they have issues with follows them into that thread and they continue arguing there)

Thanks, everybody!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
LOL!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Have I missed something?

Meh

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
See what happens when you drink to much guys...emotions start flaring and everything gets out of control. Moderation is key!

But since the little moderation button in ma head is out of order....anybody got some mo' rum?...or wait is it a lever? Quick somebody pass the rum before I figure out how to use it

Om Namah Sivaya

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Have we been arguing on another thread? I do wish someone would tell me these things. I can't of upset someone else can I? Surely not.

Arashi did you not read my apology? I don't apologise to just anyone y'know. You have to hold a special place in my heart before I'll back down and admit I'm wrong. Maybe you didn't know that.

Meh

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man i am such a big idiot. i totally mixed you up with someone else. open mouth insert foot. i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry! i have no qualms with you, or anyone else for that matter. that whole diatribe was way out of context. i've just still got a big oozing zit of tension that never got resolved due to a lack of mature communication. i prostrate before thee in retribution...so sorry.. i thought you were someone continuing to bash on me... sorry... did i mention that i'm sorry?

6,978 posts

Posted:

wow! the first time i read the PiP thread (took me about 4 weeks to guess wot it means!) i'ma glad that ya feel velcome, arashi, cus like with everyone else here, I have an unshakeable faith that fire people are fuken awesome people. I wouldn't hang around HoP if i didn't enjoy it, that's for sure!! (psst Malcolm - you keep payin' me and I'll keep talkin' crap..)

fire people just like everypeople are subject to the same lapses into intolerance - a temporary indulgence of a negative ego that easily clears when we allow our understanding to shine through!

tracer would have felt deeply frustrated at not having had the opportunity to twirl the firey thing. this intensity of emotion would not be if he loved firetwirling so immensely. So, if we peer deeply enough, we'll realise that to remain true to that love of fire, we should just allow that firetwirler in all of us to be a uniting beneficial force.

In it for the fun, dun worry aboot it!
BTW if yer interested in my personal opinion on getting stood up, i say wooT! i practice in my head alla time (BwaRk!) and to be able to twirl anything, lit or unlit, crowd or no crowd, makes no matter to me cus it's all my communion! Not everybody feel that way, to be sure, but i loooooooooooooooooove firetwirling too much

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Can I get the story about tracer... hard cover if you don't mind, who is this masked man... and where does he get those toys???

------------------------
Just say No.

[ 07 June 2002, 14:32: Message edited by: Arsn ]

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

6,978 posts

Posted:
just follow the yellow brick road. but make sure Pink Floyd know about it!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
all i want to know is, who put a bunch of whiny off topic crap on here and killed this awesome thread? what a geek!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Okay, back to the topic then

Drink one every time someone uses the smiley.

Drink five every time someone forgets to use smileys and their comments are misunderstood

Drink 20 every time someone enters into a smiley war where they try & beat each other with bigger & better gifs & smileys

Non-Https Image Link

*hiccup*

[ 08 June 2002, 13:32: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I never put smileys cos I always assume people know when I'm joking and when I'm serious.

E gads. People must be getting leathered solely from my posts.....

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I generally know with you that you are either playing, or you are just being "slightly grumpy C@ntus". Both are very lovable.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I actually find the smileys to be very helpful. Otherwise, facial expressions and tones of voice don't transmit that well by electron...

oops!

There, that's better

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Are you telling me my psychic link to the fluffy, woolly world of HOPers has broken down again?

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Far too many threads to catch up on, but I did a search for "Bendy" to see what people have been saying about me. "Lucid", why thankyou sénior Cantus. I do my best

Anyway to keep this sort of on topic I know of 2 rather interesting drinking games, neither of which I have played.
1: SMILE
- all sit round a table with long table cloth
- all drop pants to ankles
- one person goes under the table to do whatever they want
- if you smile, you drink.

2: CHECK THIS OUT!
- 1 bottle of spirits, 1 glass
- first person pours a little in the glass and says "Check this out" and downs the drink
- second person pours a little more than the first guy, "Check this out", SLAM!
- first guy pours more than the second, "Check this out", BANG!
- second guy,... rinse and repeat ad nauseum - literally!
This can lead to a messy night with someone drinking half or even a full glass of pure spirits!
Tamer version might use some kind of beer and a number of glasses by the end of the game.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
one drink any time someone asks if they can flirt with Cass..
i think Glowshow has had one to many drinks.
Oh......one thing more.....
If you ever flip the bird for no apparent reason. .
hey what kind of music should i listen to when i'm doin' the btb weave?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
sorry i just have to exhume this thread cos i think its hilarious!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Page: