Page:
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hi all you poi’ing people. Did a search on this thread but only came up with stuff for last year’s festival.

Iv been going to reading since I was 15 and haven’t missed a year except last year (Girl friend wanted to go on hol GRUMBLE)

The thing I wanted to know is how many of you are going to the almighty reading festival this year???? beerchug

An is anyone meeting up for a bit of spinning weavesmiley if so I am well up for that. I used to meat up with people the unofficial reading festival forum till it got closed down mad some time last year but since then iv taught myself to poi and since it was at reading I saw my first spinners thought it would be good ubbidea to go back and do some spinning of my own weavesmiley (hopefully inspire people like me to pick it up and have a go)
Also great chance to network (in an evil businessman voice HA HA HA HRRR)
peace

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

knattyknuttermember
1 post

Posted:
hi folks, im goin to reading again this year, i can spin, but not to great, only had em a cupla munfs, so im nowhere near usin fire yet... we went last yr and my b/f was doin fire breathin in the middle of yellow camp n no security tried to stop him.... so they obviously cant b that bothered!

T x peace

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
umm

security? fire?

hahahaha.... good luck again this year.

Try spinning this year instead.

I give it 5 seconds before they stop you. wink

Glastonbury will be a different matter but thats a different thread...

triple wordscoremember
75 posts

Posted:

wave
OMG... cant believe Reading Festival is only just over 4 months away!! (does that make sence confused)

I have my ticket ordered and unlike last year.... I now have my fire chains!!! yay!!!

Hope to meet some of you this year as I will be 99.9% most likely to be camping with Jon (UCOF) and Chris (UCOF) again this year.

Jon & Chris..... LET THE DISTRESSING BEGIN!!

Cant Sleep Or The Clowns Will Get Me!!!!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
dfth
EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1461435374)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
so where exsactlky we gonna meet and when for reading cause i have never been before but im going lol. My mate juggles really weel so shes gonna juggle im gonna poi and its gonna be smooth as. weavesmiley weavesmiley

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
oh and knut knacker (sant spell) hey im tasha/grace been spinning for a year should have practised alot more then i should. dont own fire poi lol never tried it with fire poi but im getting pretty good with just normall spinners. I tried staff but its hard to do really well. I used to drum so would practise with my sticks lol.

really cant wait to meet
add me on msn
criminaldamage00@aol.com

in to the eye of another

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
smooth as....?

Glass?
Marble?
Fur?
Fluff?
Cat from Red Dwarf?

I think all of the above and that it is faaaaaaaaaaaar to early to even start coming up with ideas.

*goes back to sleep for a few months*

zzzzzzzzz...green camp exit..zzzzzzzzz....by the thames...quiet....zzzzzzzzzz.. badgers.... zzzzzzzz..every night generally ....zzzzzzzz with a sausage hanging out. zzzzzzz

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
its some stupid expression i picked up from somwhere stupid like a weird american film proberly....

in to the eye of another

triple wordscoremember
75 posts

Posted:

Jon, wot do u mean its too early to talk about Reading eek .... B 4 you know it my friend you will be packing your poi and fresh underware and walking to the train station! tongue beerchug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Jon doesn't wear fresh underwear, only dodgy pants off eBay! tongue Won't anyone be coming to Leeds confused I'll be all alone spinning by myself

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i might, but depends on lots of things. it'll probably sell out before i know whether or not im going to either site.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Well reading has sold out now mad
Tickets available on E-bay going for about £170 or buy now at £200mad some people have 14 for salemad2 people like that make me mad there the reason my mate Ben is scrabbling roundhelp without a ticket trying to get the extra £100 quid to fill these FU#@£RS pockets censored censored mad mad censored mad2 mad2

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
harsh man, my mate was like ' oh they wont sell out till june tashj im not getting mine yet' i was like' sarah u dingus they will sell out by the end of this week!' ubbloco

in to the eye of another

Fleassymember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey
I'm going to reading!
its my frist time on thissite in a very long time so none of you will know me :S

I can say last year i did poi with some guys light pois and they seemed ok with that, on one of the yellow camp pathways, but we lit up fire poi on the last night and securitiy gurds told us to put them out of have the confiscated, fire hazzard apparently.... *rolls eyes*

but i'd love to meet up wit some spinners at the festival,i currently have no fire poi, just tailed poi.
Gothic_llama@hotmail.com
send me a mail if u wanna meet at reading for a spin smile

The girl with kaleidoscope eyes
Im so purple i piss Ribena!

triple wordscoremember
75 posts

Posted:

Important Notice About Reading Tickets!!!

1) You can buy weekend wistbands on the Thursday morning, They keep 500 of them at the Reading Festival Box Office @ no extra cost then if u book on the phone or on line. biggrin

2) They will most likely be a second bunch of weekend tickets to go on sale in the next month. (they done the same thing 2002, i paniced eek, got upset frown, then more went on sale )

3) If non of the above work, try and buy a ticket on the day. wink

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Just checked the official reading festival website and it says that they all sold out in record time - less than 3 weeks after going on sale. It gets more popular every year:) looks like i definitely wont be going to reading biggrin

ppl should consider going to Leeds - its a great site for a festival.

it does say though that day tickets are still available for Reading. But both weekend and day tickets are still available for Leeds
EDITED_BY: mrFlibble (1082578472)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Read the thread people you know what I think about Leeds iv been to both and I know where I'm goingsoapbox

If you really want to go to reading tickets are out there for reasonable prices you just have to find them
bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i think your view of the leeds festival is unjustified. i was there last year and it was great. the site is well layed out and is in a very pleasant section of countryside.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Here Here. It isn't really fair to compare the new site to the old site and one year of stupidity of both security and festie goers.

But it's not fair i want to go to Reading now but i have leeds tickets rolleyes

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
WOHOO i been practising loads gonna try fire before i get to reading somhow. Cant wait to spin with u lot bounce bounce2

in to the eye of another

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hi mojo red is going to be cool cant wait to meet ya all juggle juggle
good luck with the fire (get youself a hat i lost a lot of hair on my first burn) eek

and ok ok i might have been a bit harsh on leeds ok IM SORRY redface

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
if it doesn't sell out then i will probably get weekend tickets for Leeds sometime in june coz some people i know are planning on going biggrin

certifiedloonSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
Yay, this is a great thread!!

Wow, the people who got away with spinning last year are SO lucky!!! I hadn't taken up poi by then but was doing fire devil stick with a poi-er and a staffter, and we ALL got our toys confiscated! I don't know about the others but I never saw my beloved fds again frown

So, green camp exit, near the river... I'll get lost! Someone come and find me - the desolate, lonely looking lone spinner in yellow camp near the entrance!

29 posts

Posted:
Written by: triple wordscore

Important Notice About Reading Tickets!!!

1) You can buy weekend wistbands on the Thursday morning, They keep 500 of them at the Reading Festival Box Office @ no extra cost then if u book on the phone or on line. biggrin

Very good advice. Last year I missed the tickets online and in my desperation bought 3 day tickets!! Which is cheaper than buying an expensive weekend ticket on eBay, but (a) they nick your earlier wrist bands when you go to get a new one the next day (b) you're not supposed to camp but that's easy to blag (c) you have to queue up every day!!!

I only discovered when I got there that you can buy them on-site as long as you get there early enough. So I'd advice those that missed out this year to go for that option. And learn your lesson like I did - I bought my weekend ticket about 3 minutes after they went online! smile best of luck, hope to see you there

Jurassic Mikestranger
11 posts

Posted:
Well since the line-up's not that great this year and I haven't got a ticket yet even though I live in Reading, I may just get a single day ticket for the best day and stay in the camp site the whole rest of the time. Do tailed Poi get confiscated in the main arena?

Anyway, hope to see some of you there. We (as in me and some of my non-Poi-ing friends) always camp in Orange but I can always walk around. Oh and if anyone is really stuck for somewhere to stay I'm sure we can make space in one of the tents.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Do tailed Poi get confiscated in the main arena?

No don't worry about it. I think only glass gets confiscated at the arena entrance. Poi aren't a problem

29 posts

Posted:
Written by: Jurassic Mike

Do tailed Poi get confiscated in the main arena?

Nah they shouldn't do. I think it was just the fact that last year there were 4 of us swinging balls of fire around our heads... and then whinged and moved very slowly when asked to put them out... not a good idea!

This year I will run away!! ubbloco

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
I don't think any of you guys really know who I am as I don't post much (Hi, I'm Koo/Kirsty/grot! wave), but...

I'm gonna be at Reading this year! (woo, my first time; what a fest-virgin) wink

I'm not that good at poi but we're gonna be taking ours anyway.
Would be cool if I could come and annoy you guys! ubblol tongue

MSN: grotbox(at)hotmail.com

koo x

smells like burning teenagers..

triple wordscoremember
75 posts

Posted:

Sure you can grotbox, more people the better. We can have out own poi fest.

Not long till Reading now every1. YAY!! bounce2 weavesmiley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ladies and Gents...

i have some bad news. frown

Im not going to be able to get to Reading this year.

Im already totally skint (had to get an extended overdraft yesterday) and I dont thgink there will be any tickets left.

Im going to Glastonbury instead. eek

Sorry guys, but I wont be there this year. ubbcrying

Page: