LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
I am walking around grinning and thought i would share one of the happiest days with all of you beautiful people.
First of all my best friend's partner has just left for 8 weeks work, and i know its terrible, but i havn't seen her for 2 months (or her 16month old son who i saw everyday since i was there at his birth) since they have been together, dispite living round the corner. They sort of feed off of each others fear of society and have been hiding from the world. I should be pissed at her, but to actually talk to her again was fantastic. peace
And then i got a visit from an someone i used to live with who was very sick. Not a day goes by when i don't think of him. He is one of the most amazing men i know and for him to be affected by cancer made me question everything. He told me that they have finally found the drugs that have stopped it growing (after kemo etc failed), so looks like happier times are on the horizon for him aswell.
He also says there is a job for me working at a new backpackers that is opening on this beautiful island... and extra 300-400 dollars a week serving lovely travelers drinkies and checking them into rooms. (with the ability to give discounts to twirling visiters at my discretion biggrin)
AND he may have scored us a twirling gig at the opening of said backpackers. A staff twirling friend and i have just (tentitively, and only two weeks ago) put our name out there as wanting to go a step further with twirling and already things are moving so fast. Had several unpaid (admission plus drinks and other perks) already and a few paid gigs lined up. SO much to do. I thought it would be really difficult, but i think partly due to alot of connecitons at radio, DJ's and pubs and backpackers (and bike gangs... our first paid gig looks like happaning at there annual meet eek ubbangel) it is all coming together. Now we just need a name, a van, a logo, some coriographed sets, costumes.... ubbloco

Ahhh... the perfect day. ubblove

hug wave

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
wicked man,

errm, which lovely island is that? biggrin

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
sounds pretty cool...but where are you?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Yes, tell us... Where??

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Afraid all of you guys are a long way away frown. If you ever decide to come down under (north queensland) then give me a few days notice and i'll set you up a nice cumfy room. The friend that works at the backpackers on the mainland basically gets to make it his own... artwork, music, spa, free pool tables... so i can't wait to see what sort of potential the new place has. If any of you travelers have been inspired by particularly good backpackers, then let me know., and i'll pay you in cocktails when you get here biggrin

Bloody typical that eh? Tell people about the best day i have had for years and they just want to know how far they have to travel for a free bed. rolleyes wink

And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Great news!! beerchug

I'm starting to think about some down under thunder over the holidays. So I might just come knocking.....

ubbrollsmile

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Do that hug

weavesmiley